N&SAD is in need to two new moderators. Please Read the OP for details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien

Bluelight Crew
We are looking for two new mods for the merged N&SAD forum. Due to IRL TooManyDoses and Euphoricnod are moving on at this point. Thank you guys for all your hard work, we will miss you.

Do not post nominations or applications in this thread

QUALIFICATIONS

• time commitments - being that moderating is VOLUNTARY (no, we don't get paid for what we do), a moderator should be able to dedicate him/her self to the forum by taking the time to carefully go through the threads, find any violations of the BLUA or forum guidelines and act accordingly. IME, it has usually taken an extra 20-30 minutes of my time.
  • patience - being a moderator isn't all about getting to warn people or edit posts, it's about contributing to Bluelight to make it a better place. you need to have a lot of patience for this job as you'll often come in contact with newbies who, more than likely, will break the rules. instead of slapping them with a warning, sending a friendly PM stating what violation occurred, directing them to the BLUA, forum guidelines, etc. and welcoming them to the board usually keeps tension to a minimum. new members keep the board a lively place, we don't want to drive them away.
  • thick skin - as with anything else, the possibility of conflict is present. a member may get pissed off because you closed their thread or warned them for violating the rules but you have to remember that words are just that...words. don't let the stress get to you, moderating should be fun and something you do because you want to help out, not because you feel obligated.

deadline: ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE MADE BY JANUARY 25TH. any submissions made after that will NOT be considered. Please send your applications to @lterego, Euphoricnod, TooManyDoses and Damien. Please include in your application: a little bit about yourself, why you think you would make a great moderator and what you can contribute to the forum and the board as a whole.

we're very eager to get strong replacements in to help keep the forum tidy, fun and drama-free.

good luck!

I don't even know I'm already the most hated person around here it seems..

i think you should sticky this..only 42 views in 4days?

Status
Not open for further replies.