Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(N,N DMT/ 50mg) - First Time - Geometric Evolution

Bardeaux

Bluelight Crew
Set & Setting

In bed after a short shift at work and an early evening movie at the cinema. It’s been a relaxing day, with no anxieties or reservations about trying n,n DMT.
I’m experienced with many psychedelic compounds, but have never been able to get a hold of smokeable DMT. Years ago, I went through a gauntlet of trying as many of these compounds as possible. Starting with mescaline, I went on to experiment with 2C-I, 2C-E, 2C-T-7, mushrooms, MDMA, 4-aco-dmt, DPT, salvia, 25-I and a few dissociatives.

Shpongle was the music of choice, having had so many great experiences with strong psychedelics in synch with their music. A bit of nostalgia comes over me as I set the track before smoking the DMT.

T+ 0:00 – I load a metal bowl with a pinch of DMT and take two large hits, holding each for roughly 10 seconds. I placed a pillow over my eyes in order to entirely restrict any external light. Almost immediately after placing the pillow over my closed eyes, a florescent pink ball of light began to fade into existence, which slowly moved around for a few seconds before turning a deep florescent blue. Upon turning blue, the small light began extending outward into a red, web-like pattern.

A feeling of inter-connectivity and internal peace began to weigh heavier than the icy cold rush of the initial breakthrough. At this point, I felt a strong transition, almost as if I had violently popped through a mental membrane, leaving the state of fear and noncompliance behind for a tranquil acceptance of everything going on. The webbed pattern became more and more grand with every second, extending further and further outwards until the little ball of blue light at its center was barely visible, like a pebble at the center of a large pond.

I then removed the shade of the pillow from my eyes, exposing my eyelids to the bright florescent golden light emanating from my ceiling. This entirely altered the pattern to a very geometric, golden array of complex patterns. Something about the feel of this new environment felt very old or ancient. It felt as though I’ve been here before, along with many millions of others throughout time. The Persian rug style geometric patterns began fading away, only to give rise to new ones behind them. Each new generation of patterns grew more complex than the previous, providing a sense of progression or evolution.

T+ 3:40 minutes – I suddenly become very aware of my body again and open my eyes. I started the Shpongle track as soon as I took the last hit from the pipe and set it down. I figured at least 10-15 minutes had gone by, but to my amazement this entire experience has only lasted three minutes or so! I spent the next several minutes listening to the rest of the track while sitting up and readjusting myself to a sober state.

This experience with n,n DMT has reawakened my long retired interest in psychedelic experiences. Having tried so many different psychedelic compounds, that range from dysphoric and terrifying to euphoric and visually astonishing but rather shallow, DMT has been the most useful in actually breaking down the current reality and turning it into something new. Even on my most intense psilocetin or mushroom experiences, I've never gone so far into the unknown abyss of absolute identity dissolution. There was also no restless, physically stimulated annoyance that I encounter with most psychedelics. It felt very much like a natural experience.

Needless to say, it’s been a fascinating experiment with this compound. Although in trying to discover what all the fuss over DMT is about, I’m left with more questions and wonder than before I even tried it.

I’m now more curious about n,n DMT than I ever was before.

Sounds like a beautiful experience. ^_^ I've actually yet to experience any sort of identity loss on DMT, it's quite interesting. So far what I've found is that DMT produces hallucinations which actually directly invoke my personality more so than any other psychedelic I've yet tried. Of course, everyone is different.

I wish you luck in your future travels as well. <3

DMT is a wonderful substance.
Are you planning further experiments?
i find it can be interesting to work with different settings; I always favour relative darkness (not pitch black - just minimal light) and silence. Beyond this I don't think anything can really prepare you for what you are about to experience.
I often find myself coming to, still holding a lighter and pipe, with my mouth wide open in astonishment and joy.

^There will definitely be more trials coming up.

I tend to favor darkness as well, hence my attempt to cover my eyes toward the beginning of the experience. I usually get way deeper in terms of visuals in the dark on other psychedelics, but it wasn't until I removed the shade from my eyes that the visual intensity really kicked it up a notch.