• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids My Strange Love/Hate Relationship With Tramadol, Input Is Appreciated.

Tramadol is a GREAT opioid. Its usually very very easy to get, dirt cheap, long duration of action, and very distinict buzz. I usually find that if I take a dose around 150-200 and follow that up with 50mg doses every few hours until the max dosage for the day or when your content with tram's effects really adds to the opiated sensation as compared to the "speedy" type feel.

Tramadol has saved my ass countless times from withdrawals from H, sub, hydro, oxy and with it lasting so long way less frequent dosing.

Ive always wanted to try pure M1... wish that was as easy as kratom to get.

Take it from someone whose had 6 seizures, be veerrry careful. Grand mal seizures are no joke and a bad one can actually kill you. Just a word of ccaution :) .

Anyone ever try a drug called Nucymta? If yall love tramadol so much u should really look into it. Many ppl I kno thatt luv ultram absolutely luv Nucynta. Much stronger drug anyway, w many of the same "warm buzz" effects, just more pronounced and noddy.

^I've heard wonderful things about tapentadol, and should have tried to get some as I was on similar pain meds recently. I really look forward to trying it, but it's somewhat hard to get given how new it is, no? at least as in most doctors or dealers know what it is or look out for it...

yes if you have any history of ever having seizure tramadol is not a drug you can really safely (ab)use. that being said, if you've never had a seizure before, and don't mix tramadol with other seizure threshold lowering substances (alcohol), you'll almost certainly be okay. no guarantee you'll love tramadol's buzz, but I certainly can't say that...

as far as my person experience with it goes, I find 300-400mg in a dose gets me the most for my money (none of this 50mg now 50mg later rubbish... not saying it won't get another high, but, well, I guess I'm a bit of a glutton). on a few occasions, although this was certainly not the best or safest idea, I've taken upwards of 700mg in a sitting.

furthermore, I find the effects of tramadol ER (as in a crushed up 100mg time release bead-pill thing) a lot more enjoyable with fewer side effects (e.g. I can take 200mg of ER and get my normal buzz as it takes 300mg of IR). others have confirmed this info, although the reason for which I forget atm.

and, my favorite thing about tramadol is I can take it on top of my suboxone/bupe and it works just as well as ever (if not more so than to the synergy). lovely stuff, albeit assuming one isn't inclined to seizing up and isn't an alcoholic...

OP, if you're having such side effects from taking tramadol, I'd tread lightly. certainly don't follow the example I've related in this post (although you almost certainly would be better off with ER than IR).

i would like to add to this. i have more experience with ultram than i do any other opiate, i was prescribed them for a few years from a physical injury. i preferred the smaller oval ones, over the round disc ones, if you guys know what im talkin about. not sure why but them smaller ones just seemed to hit me better?

i can say when i first started using them, i really did like em. not necessarily more than any other opiate but i did enjoy how they made me easier to get along with at work, and just made the day of hard manual labor in the hot sun, a little more tolerable. like they give you a codeine buzz with a "peacefulness". the best effects i would get from ultram would be like a codeine high with a clear headed bakedness. (granted, i always smoke cannabis with them) they also did make me feel kind of "open". like i could get into a deep meaningful conversation(cotton mouth) with my co workers alot easier, and not just be making smalltalk. i really enjoyed this aspect of the ultram, along with the fact that they lasted a LONG time and took away my hunger. they seemed to also help me focus, like a clean adhd medication should. to get these effects, i would take about 100-150mg ultram. i took 200 a few times and got more of the undesirable side effects.

There is something STRANGE about ultram however i have noticed after using it for a few years, on and off. it gets to a point where when you take it, you dont get the effects you expect. ive actually had it kind of do the opposite and just make me feel kinda "off". i wasnt johnny on the spot anymore, i dont know why. this was also not doing them all the time. im not sure what happened, i wish i could enjoy them the way i used to. it was almost like i had to start getting into a certain "mode" to be able to enjoy them. kind of like with those ecstasy pills you have to almost "know how to use" to get the desired effects. ultram is a strange mistress, i wish someone better understood these issues.

and a WARNING to ultram users. ive never ever ever had seizures in my entire life, but a few years back when they were first prescribed, i was mixing them with benzodiazepines(valium,klonopins, and xanax) and i found out the hard way, ultram lowers your threshold for seizures. i had one at work, bit the inside of my mouth up all bloody and made an ass out of myself. im sure i muttered some crazy subsonscious stuff that i wish i knew i said... then i had another one like 4 days later at home. my laundry was at the laundromat, i came home to grab a slice of pizza from the fridge and the next thing i knew i had EMS and a cop in my house. my brother called 911, i folded myself up in my patio chair and was slamming my head into the wall and all sorts of crazy shit. i lost my license, job, and all of my self confidence. ive done TONS of cool substances since and never had another one( thank God!) so if you are epileptic, or anything remotely close, i would avoid ultram like the plague.

^I've heard wonderful things about tapentadol, and should have tried to get some as I was on similar pain meds recently. I really look forward to trying it, but it's somewhat hard to get given how new it is, no? at least as in most doctors or dealers know what it is or look out for it...

pharmacies in south florida area are well stocked in the 75 milligram and 100 milligrams strengths of nucynta. Its SNRI properties as well as moderate opiate strength have made it an effective pain reliever for many patients. Dont wanna sound like im pitching it to you because all it does is knock me out at 200-300mg doses (i have a very high tolerance) but at lower doses produce some tramadol-like effects (warm buzz, chattiness, etc.) Keep in mind it cant be all that strong.. I cant remember if it is even a full opiate agonist.. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this. I know for a fact a few ppl have had w/d issues while switching to this from something like Roxicodone.

It is both relatively cheap and effectve, though.
Ace.

Aphex747
Did u notice any dreams such as nightmares while taking tramadol?? I usally sleep really well but not last night, I had night terrors and sleep awful.

i never really put the two together, but i did sometimes have really vivid, real dreams of being shot, or my car being gone coming out of a store or something. maybe just anxiety

Where is everyone getting their tramadol from? Doc? Web? I'm not asking for sources, i'm just curious as to how people are acquiring tramadol.