Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

My Psilocybin Experience

Armand

Greenlighter
Psilocybin Extracts - 11 grams - 4th time - My Life Changing Experience

This experience completely changed my life, and I thought I would share it with all of you.

My friend got hold of psilocybin extracts. Pure psilocybin extracts in clear capsules. We had tried these a few months before this trip and it was great. No nausea with a very clean feeling. We had the typical visuals but psychologically it put us in a purely philosophical state of mind throughout the entire trip, rather than toward the end with regular mushrooms in my past experiences.

About six months ago, it was the two of us and we were planning on taking the same dosage as last time, an equivalent to an 8th of mushrooms. Previously we had opened the capsules and put it in water and drank it. This time we just ate the capsule. We took the capsule at 3:00 PM, and we were planning on catching a fun bike ride at around 9 PM later that night in Downtown Los Angeles. We didn’t eat a meal beforehand, and two and a half hours went by with no effects. With the previous trip the effects begun within an hour. Us confused as to why we were still completely sober, we labeled it as bunk and decided to drive to a local park with our bikes and head out to the ride from there.

5:45 PM -- On the way to the park, I started to feel the effects creep up. Mild morphing of objects in the road and interior of the car. I immediately pulled into a Panda Inn parking lot, as our trip begun.

Now before I tell you the rest of the story, the day after we had found the source we got these extracts from made a mistake with the measurement, and instead of 3.5 grams, we took about the equivalent of 11 grams. As to why it took almost 3 hours to kick in, we have no clue till this day.

We pulled into the parking lot and the visuals came in, strong. All objects lost any definite shape and begun morphing. The wall we parked in front of practically turned into liquid as we watched waves run through its intricate texture. Colors began to mildly change time to time. Now since this completely threw off our plans for the night, me, and my friend especially, kept trying to plan the night out. But we were too ADD and could not keep focused at all. We were distracted by something new within the minute. I called my brother who I was going to meet up with at the bicycle ride and told him of our situation. I had directions to the bike ride and we had our bikes on the trunk. We figured let’s just do it. It might not have seemed like a smart choice, but hell, we were on 11 grams of psilocybin.

Oddly enough, the bike ride had an Alice in Wonderland theme, and I was dressed in a mad hatter outfit top to bottom, with a 2ft tall hat, on my bicycle. (haha!)

7:00 PM -- We head out to the ride, and I lost the directions. I called my brother to call us back with directions. My friend insisted on trying to plan the night out, but I told him, “Fuck it, we’re just going to live in the moment and trust that everything is going to work itself out.” We had no idea where we were going, but all I knew was that we had to go south, and that’s what we did. My brother called me a total of three times by the time we reached the bike ride, each time he called me, he called me AT the intersection I was supposed to turn. Each time it blew my mind even further than the last. I begun thinking how this living in the moment and trusting the future really works.

8:30 PM -- We reach the bike ride successfully, astonished we actually did this. We were with the ride for about 10 minutes, but my friend caught a red light and we lost the ride. I also had gotten a rear flat tire, and I just didn’t give a fuck. We ended up riding a total of 24 miles that night, 14 of which was on a rear flat tire, haha!

Now, once we lost the ride, we just cruised around on our bicycles, making stops here and there, enjoying the sights of downtown, and conversing about life, all throughout the night.

Here is when I start talking about the actual trip.

The best way I could describe what happened to me was my sense of feeling was heightened by about five times. I was also induced into an extreme philosophical state of mind. I begun questioning EVERYTHING in my life. What my intentions were to all the things I was pursuing, the way I interact with my friends, family, and strangers, how I handled all the problems I was facing, the way I viewed work and school. how I viewed myself; the list goes on and on.

With this extreme philosophical state of mind combined with the heightened sense of feeling, I can EASILY distinguish what made me genuinely feel good and bad. For anything that made me feel bad, I begun to think of new methods of thinking to approach these aspects of my life until that bad feeling turned into a good one. I understood the harm so many of my actions were actually causing me, and I refused to let them hurt me anymore. I began to recall all the knowledge I read in my spirituality/self-improvement books I’ve read in the past and applied them as intricately to every aspect of my life as possible.

I began to think of any thoughts I thought that went against myself. In that state of mind, it simply didn’t make sense to me. Why would I go against myself? Why in the world would I ever doubt my capabilities, this is me thinking about me, why would I think of anything to degrade myself, or limit my capabilities in any way? I began to think of worry, anger, panic, hate, anxiety, stress, and any of the other plethora of negative emotions, and they all just didn’t seem to make sense to me.

It had gotten to the point where I broke down my psyche to the barest of thoughts, revealing my pure intentions in everything. I had realized I was the ONLY person in my life that caused ANY of my problems. I realized that any problem I had was because of me, and the way I decided to think about these situations I was dealing with, turned them into a problem for myself. After such extreme contemplation it was simply entrained to my LOGIC to not see the point in these negative emotions. They simply didn’t aid me in any way whatsoever, and I was able to figure out new methods of thought so they never had to hurt me again.

Almost all of this was while I was riding my bicycle. The thought of exercise didn’t even cross my mind, I bet I could have rode for hours upon hours if I wanted to. At many times I was ASTONISHED at how steep of hills I was climbing in the tallest of gears with such ease, half the night on a rear flat tire. Our visuals were non-existent due to the physical exercise of bicycling throughout the entire night.

I begun to realize my capabilities were limitless. That I was able to succeed in ANYTHING I could possibly pursue, and the only reason I wouldn’t be able to do so are reasons I create for myself. This was one of the most beautiful experiences of my life. Many times throughout the night I was crying just at the sheer beauty of the sights of Downtown Los Angeles, along with the beauty of solving so many of the problems I faced in my life in a matter of one night. I had also gained this state of mind many call ‘no-mind’ at many times throughout the night, up to 10-15 minutes on end. A state of mind where not a single thought was running through my head, and I was feeling all the beauty around me, without a single thought to disturb that pure bliss. I can sometimes gain this state of mind rarely in my meditation practices now.

One thing I have difficulty explaining in words, was this sensation that I was able to feel the harm my negative thoughts were causing me on a universal level. How I was in fact responsible for attracting many of the problems in my life with my negativity as the cause. I would like to elaborate more on this, but it is simply too difficult to put into words.

4:30 AM -- We arrived at my friends apartment after one of the craziest nights of my life. I ended up falling asleep around 5:30 AM, and headed to work at 11 AM. The trip lasted about a total of almost 12 hours long.

The after affects?

The after glow lasted almost 5 days long. I continued to make profound realizations in these 5 days, and continued to do so for about the next two weeks. After that point I gradually improved myself at an above average rate.

I live my live purely in the moment. It didn’t make sense to me to put my mind in the future or the past, and all my attention was directed at the moment. After this experience, extremely eerie coincidental things started to occur in my life. Suddenly everything fell into place in perfect timing, always in my favor. It got to the point where anything I literally felt like having came to me. My vibrations grew intensely strong due to my living in the moment and directing all my attention to the present. It just got to the point where I literally could not complain about anything, there is nothing to complain about when everything happens in your favor!

My self-confidence also grew and I suddenly became much more comfortable socially. I no longer doubt my capabilities and I am able to interact with strangers effortlessly, my sense of humor grew to new heights, and most important of all, I became conscious of myself.

I began to eat extremely healthy, as I could distinguish what food my body actually needs, rather than what my mind wants and craves. I am always aware of the thoughts running through my mind, and I am able to improve upon myself at astonishing rates. I would quite literally make mistakes only once, and make sure to learn and never repeat them again. I began to work out and stay in shape. I grew very fond of bicycling, and quite literally replaced my car with my bicycle combined with public transportation. I also started going to the gym a consistent 3 days a week with the healthiest diet I’ve ever kept. Within a few months I was in the best shape of my life.

My stress levels grew low, very low. Nothing bothered me anymore because my intentions were ideal. One example would be my job. I was working as a waiter at the time, and work had never been easier. I viewed any physical tasks that had to be done as just that, mindless physical tasks that require no mental effort. There was no point to bitch at them, you want to know why? Because I could be happy doing it, THAT was my reasoning. With my tables my intention was not to see how big of a tip I could get, it was to see how satisfied and happy I can make my customers. I slowly witnessed my daily tips growing larger and larger, along with my work ethic, and my ranking amongst my co-workers. :D

I simplified my life in many ways. I never watched T.V. anymore because I felt it was extremely unproductive, I read books instead. I ate the simplest and natural of foods, rather than processed sweets and junk. I found the beauty in hiking, bicycling, parks, views, and nature in general. I live my life in a minimalist approach, I just like it better that way.

I also gained this power of making things occur in front of my eyes with purely my thoughts. I explained earlier how I had the sensation of the affect my thoughts had on a universal scale. Well at my job as a waiter at the time, I was literally able to control the amount of people that sit in my section, and who if I wanted to. There would be times where I would come back from lunch and I'll be feeling lazy, and we'll have the restaurant split into two. I can quite literally not make one person sit on my side for over an hour and have 60-80 people sit on the other side. I simply pretend like my section doesn't exist without a SINGLE doubt in my mind. This trip gave me great control over my thoughts. People would simply look at my section and turn away. Whenever I felt like getting tables again I could get the first table as I pleased. But I quickly stopped doing this as I found it caused a mild amount of stress. I just continued living in the moment as the alternative and I'm perfectly content with that.

And finally, I stopped doing drugs. I still smoked weed but I stopped that about two months ago. I figured out ways to enjoy myself so much that drugs were simply not necessary, and actually limited my enjoyment rather than aiding it. I preferred the fact that I can enjoy myself with just myself, without the aid of mind altering substances. I simply like my reality untouched.

And that’s that. If you actually read this all the way through, Thanks. I hope you enjoyed this read, and I’m happy to share my life changing experience with all of you.

Last edited:
Here's a pic of me and my friend that night :D

3227_94018173355_829923355_2524350_4255523_n.jpg

omg that was so awesome. I really liked it. It's so awesome to see how drugs helped people. It makes me want to cry for joy at what amazing things can come out of drugs... which sadly are so looked down upon by the world, if the world only knew... which is another thing what makes me want to cry.

I wish I could just go to the tops of the world and shot for everyone to know that some drugs can be awesome and life changing.

This has made me think about my dad a lot... He is really into nature and hiking and things. I think it maybe is cuz he did lots of psychedelics back in his day, so he appreciates it a lot more. He tells me that when I get older I'll appreciate it more. Which I believe so. And I hope that someday, I'll be able to talk to my dad openly about psychedelics and drugs.

Maybe someday... someone like martin luther king will speak up. But for drugs instead. I know that sounds silly, but I believe that this injustice needs to be ruled out... or however I'd say that idk.

thanks again for your story, it was awesome.

the whole thing about being able to direct where people sit is true-i had it on the back of a bus before and i do it at work to direct passengers to other machines so i get less work to do-its fun and usefull. people pick up subconciously on body language and attitude and you can use it to your advantage.

live in the moment

Congratulations man, sounds like an incredible trip.

It reminded me of my favorite philosopher, Epictetus, when you wrote about how negative emotions don't make sense & how all the problems in your life are your own. Epictetus talks about those ideas in the context of the idea that it doesn't make sense to have opinions about the things which are not in our power.

You can check it out for free online if you want... If you do, send me a pm with your impressions!

Upon further research as to why it took almost 3 hours for the effects to come on. I've considered what I took to be an RC called 4-acetoxy-dimethyltryptamine. Anyone ever heard of it?

yeah, 4-aco-dmt was my first thought when you typed this all up. Pretty sure it metabolizes to psilocin in your brain so it's nearly the same experience as shrooms. (might be wrong there!)

It doesn't detract from your story at all tho, and it is also really easy to extract 4-ho-dmt from actual mushrooms (only need alcohol), so it is plausible someone did that and the gel cap added a bit of wait to your comeup.

Very uplifting! :) Thanks for sharing your experience. I will definitely remember it, and when I start living too much in the past or future I'll make sure to bring my mind back to the present and stay here. ^-^

PS. I've eaten mushrooms in capsules before and they took over 2 hours to hit me too.. That was the only time I ever took anything in gel caps and the only time they've ever taken so long to hit. It's a weird feeling though, eh? As soon as you're convinced you got ripped off, you start losing your shit.

Mind travelling

Thank you so much for the report.

I had this no-mind experience myself on shrooms the other weekend and now I know that im not alone with that
beyond eternity experience. Feels really good to know :).

Might aswell share something:
In my story, the philosophical journey deeper and deeper into questioning everything in life led to the understanding that all my behaviour
is based on my wish to share my understanding of the no-mind experience with other people.

An example:
I saw a great movie that really touched me, I tell you to watch it. I get disappointed because it was not the same to you.

It made me so happy to realize that I can not show anyone else then myself what beauty, love and truth really is.

Now I go back to that state of mind with ease as often as anything gets me stressed, afraid, confusing, or anything that is out of harmony.
All I have to say to myself to get "home" is: It is eternal.
The frase "It is eternal" was closly linked to the experience during my trip, whenever that thought came to mind I set myself free of EVERYTHING.