• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc My phenibut taper

Fooman!
Congratulations. ?U r helping me so much-started my taper today & really scared. How r u feeling? For what it's worth I keep reading all the negative effects r over in a week?

Feeling basically how I have the last few weeks or so. Low level depression and anxiety. Feeling demotivated and kind of down. But I've made good progress so one part of my brain is trying to tell the other part to chill out :)

I have to make a confession as well, I've been having a few beers before bed for the last few nights. I forced myself to go to a music festival last weekend, to get out and have some fun. I had quite a bit to drink all 3 nights I went (maybe 5-6 beers each night - this is a lot for me). It helped with the general anxiety. Since then I've been having a few at night.

This is interesting because I've never drank much in my life before. I drink so little I think I might have gone 365 days sometimes without drinking and not noticed. Definitely I go months at a time without drinking most of my life. Just not my thing really, because I always get hangovers. And the calories. ;)

But, in full disclosure it seems to be helping with the sort of low level anxiety I'm getting, so I feel like I should mention it. I hesitate because someone reading this might have an alcohol problem, so I just don't want to suggest it to anyone else.

100. I guess this is the last phenibut that will have entered my body.

As usual these last few weeks, woke up with that slight "ugh" feeling. I've been up for an hour or so and feel fine, even good, now.

I have a feeling I know how today is going to go. Like yesterday, I'm going to be slightly unproductive/unmotivated, but feeling okay throughout the day.

At night I might get more anxiety because I'll feel guilty that I didn't get enough done today (handing freelance consulting biz, along with my dad's estate).

This is nothing like going cold turkey from a 6-month long 1.5-2g/day habit!

I would have been a crying anxious mess if I only had 100mg a few months ago. It really makes me feel good that I can "train" my brain to get used to pre-phenibut levels.

just curious, why again did you decide to quit using phenibut?

when you kicked a 6 month long phenibut habit, when did these miserable withdrawals kick in for you?i have taken phenibut for many years daily, i jumped off cold turkey about 4 days ago, well close to it and so far i dont feel any withdrawals..im not complaining or trying to search for them, i am just confused about phenibut wds..

So, 0 again today.

I noticed something new the last few days, and that's problems with sleeping. I'll basically wake up several times during the night and then have to fall back asleep. Not the end of the world, but it started just within the last few days, I thought the timing was interesting.

just curious, why again did you decide to quit using phenibut?

when you kicked a 6 month long phenibut habit, when did these miserable withdrawals kick in for you?i have taken phenibut for many years daily, i jumped off cold turkey about 4 days ago, well close to it and so far i dont feel any withdrawals..im not complaining or trying to search for them, i am just confused about phenibut wds..

To understand why I quit phenibut, it might help to know a little about why I started taking phenibut in the first place. I had a life event about a year ago - sickness and death of a parent - that caused me to start taking it. I tried various things online, and phenibut was the only thing to really help. I was surprised something legal online could actually work so well. I foolishly didn't do my research. But it helped, especially the more I took. But as time went on I found I felt the need to take it every single day.

After I started taking it every day, that's when I started taking more of it too. I had to start using more and more to get the same effect. I started at 500mg, and kept going up and up over the months until I had to take 2000mg to get the same relief. It's now been five months since my Dad's passed away, and I feel it's time to stop using this specific crutch. It was a tool used to assist me during a difficult time, not a long term solution to anxiety and depression.

When I tried cold turkey, the withdrawals kicked in the night I stopped taking it. I'm happy for you that you're not experiencing any of this.

So basically what you did was functional drug use (self medication/alteration, that serves a specific goal other than fighting boredom). You quit just before you could develop a serious habit. When a person reports, that they took Phenibut for a prolonged time frame and then just stopped CT without experiencing any symptoms, they probably withhold some relevant info about additional meds, that they take regularly, which may neutralize the wd symptoms.

For the insomnia : Did you try tiny doses of melatonine ?

Day 3 at 0. Similar to yesterday, maybe a little less depression.

I haven't tried melatonin. I have some, I should try that before bed tonight.

'low level depression and anxiety' this may be the effect of withdrawals OR just your normal feelings coming back..with me when i kick any drug, i always feel just 'bleh' and lack pep, these feelings do ease up over weeks/months BUT i still will feel a lingering low and anxiety, low motivation.. this is just my natural personality i realize..hopefully this isnt true in your case as i find these 3-4 issues very hard to treat successfully

your insomnia seems mild so melatonin miight help you but if you are anything like me, you will need a nice sleep medication to help..trazadone or ambien are a few i can think of atm..

So it's been about a week since going to 0. There is indeed an improvement in my mood. It is subtle but recognizable. The more physical feelings of anxiousness, especially upon waking up, are improved. During the day, I feel some of my usual rambunctious ambition returning. I'll check in next week or if anything noteworthy happens.

Just wanted to check in real quick and mention things are going good. I feel like my system has reset and I no longer wake up with that anxiety in my stomach, and overall depression/anxiety is where it was pre-phenibut

Yeah man, excellent will power (considering the reason, you started to take it). And you shouldn't be ashamed of yourself if you need to take it once in a while in the future. Just set a reasonable weekly maximum and never exceed that. If you choose 0g as max., so be it, even better.