• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

My perspective of God

Villian3one0

Greenlighter
I’m happy to answer this, but it’s only fair for me to point out that my answer reflects my own perspective. My view is that God, Christ, and Satan are symbols. And of course different people interpret these symbols differently. For mainstream Christians, Jesus was God, and Satan is the enemy of God and of Christians. Following a more Gnostic interpretation, I see the true God as being ineffable and existing in the Pleroma beyond the material universe created by the false god.

I equate the god of this world with Satan. He is our adversary. He is the principle or power that seeks to keep us imprisoned in the material realm. Jesus may or may not have been a historical figure. My view is that there very well may have been a historical Jesus, and I’ve read many different theories about who he was and what he did. At the very least, I would say that if there was a historical Jesus, it’s very hard to say very much if anything about him. And most of what is recorded about him is almost completely legendary and mythical. So I approach the Christ as a mythical figure. For me, he is a Lucifer figure. That is to say, he is a messenger of light. He is that being through whom we can know the unknowable Father or Divine Source. In a sense, the Christ is that higher Self that exists within each of us and guides us toward Truth. Of course, the Christ myth is very complex and I don’t want to try to explain it all here. I’m not sure if that’s even possible.

In a sense, the goal of all spirituality is to enter into a personal relationship with this Christ figure and to experience him within ourselves. This is something I haven’t talked about directly before. For me, this is the essence of mystical Christianity, or Christian Gnosticism. In some interpretations
, Satan or the Demiurge is a kind of tester. Although he appears to be our enemy, he ultimately exists in order to help us evolve. A very down to earth way of understanding this idea would be that life tests us. It presents us with challenges that we must overcome. It reveals our true character. It offers us opportunities to grow. And the suffering we experience allows us to reveal God to one another. Taken literally, this leads to a dry theological argument about why a good god allows evil and suffering. I don’t believe anyone has ever found comfort, meaning, or the experience of the Transcendent in that sort of dead religion. The symbols have to resonate with you in a direct an personal way such that they provide you with a kind of map. The map gives you a sense of where you are so that you don’t feel lost.

In a sense I would agree with that you are your own savior and destroyer. But in your destructive aspect is that function is working properly. But in the end, I believe that everything that happens to you happens in order to help you to know yourself and to become God. I’m hesitant to say that everything is opinion. I do accept that there is such a thing as absolute truth. I don’t promote relativism. But I do think that truth will sometimes reveal itself to different people in different ways at different points along their journey. I do believe there are provisional truths. Something may be “true” in the sense that it is what you needed to know to get you to the next stage in your evolution... at which point a higher truth may be revealed to you which you wouldn’t have been ready for previously. This is to say that we become illuminated by degrees.

I think it’s healthy to recognize that others may be wrong. There is a danger in trusting too much in someone else’s “authority”. But it’s great to seek out those who you can learn from. I just advise people to avoid the trap of becoming a “disciple”. Christ wasn’t a Christian, Hegel wasn’t a Hegelian, Pythagoras wasn’t a Pythagorean, Buddha wasn’t a Buddhist, Jung wasn’t a Jungian…you get the idea. Once a person becomes an Illuminist, they’re unlikely to ever become an Illuminatus. That’s my view. No teacher worth following seeks followers. no God worthy of worship needs to be worshiped. There’s a reason why my friend Illuminatus Pythagoras ended his video “God’s Dying Words” with the words “You Are”. The words symbolize the redemption of the Abrahamic God who identified himself to Moses as “I Am”. In becoming a generative rather than a receptive force, he merged with the Source of Life. Those are a few thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see the true God as being ineffable and existing in the Pleroma beyond the material universe created by the false god.

Ah but the material God is God inasmuch as He exists in linear materialism.

Yeah, when I have a computer things will be a lot better. Using this phone is bitch. Sorry about the "wall of words".

Can you please also cite the source you're copying and pasting from?

Yeah, when I have a computer things will be a lot better. Using this phone is bitch. Sorry about the "wall of words".

Depending on what phone you have, you may get better with practice. Most of my posts are typed out on my phone and often approach or well exceed being wayyy too long. But it's just because I've been typing pretty much every day for 20 years, most of my life. It's just practice.

Those are my own words. As for articles I plan to make future poste of they will be from the ArmagedonConspiracy.Uk.Co. That was an old website of my associates, and mine. You can find the website on the wayback machine. Another website is Mathmonism.com, I'd recommend people look up my friend's website Educated Peasant on Angel fire, and my website I use with my friend called Illuminatus Pythagoras. I just got a computer, but don't have Internet yet.

I already had to close one of your wall-of-no-paragraph-text threads. Few people will care to read such a big wall of text, and by the responses it's obvious why. Either edit the OP and condense your argument/problem into a properly readable piece of text, or I'll have to take the same path, unfortunately.

Surprisingly compared to most theories, the gist of your wall of text seems pretty true with most of our gut conciousness. You Lost me on trying to quantify what part of God and lucifer are out there vs within us though hahaha.

I think what your getting at is its obviously not worshipping God when people need to praise or feel completely locked down in material worship to some unappeaseable God. It should be something you believe and you should pray,

but His compassion is above all not kneel 10x a day and be a Slave lol.

Standard Gnostic philosophy ... good job, but maybe try to find some of your own answers instead of subscribing to wikileaks definition of Gnosticism

I have edited your post into paragraphs for you where I found it appropriate, since I know that editing a post on the mobile site causes the post to delete. I hope for your sake you get internet for your PC soon, because the mobile site sucks IMO, I hate using it. I also hate using phones to type posts.

I like the paragraphs and a lot of what you say. The personal relationship with the Christ figure I hold as the defining center of my being so I like the way you've worded it. Really well written thanks to the intervention of paragraphs. I understand your advice regarding teachers, good points.

Jesus went around preaching to ppl and claiming to be God. The next day, the powers that be had him executed, and he died. What his death has to do with anyone's salvation is beyond me. You can't kill God, plain and simple. And God isn't gonna come down and willingly sacrifice himself for you unless he is truly suicidal. If anything, you should sacrifice yourself for your God, not the pther way around. That's ass backwards. Why couldn't we just stick with our traditional Greek pantheon? Whose bright idea was it to replace all belief with ancient Jewish, Islamic and Christian teachings of all hare brained ideas. The Abrahamic religions have caused nothing but strife and discord since the days of the Egyptian plagues. And those three religions can't even get along with each other. The true, eternal religion of our planet is Hinduism.

IMO, there is no true religion. Any religion is an attempt to assign immutable characteristics to the infinite, and dogmatize belief systems in order to attempt to enforce a particular way of thinking of others. Spirituality is a personal experience. There should be as many "religions" as there are people.

But yeah I agree with the OP more or less. I think we are all "god", in that we are all the universe, experiencing itself. No more, no less.

I hadn't seen this OP before, but I would say this is a very beautiful, evocative, and sophisticaded explanation that falls in line with the Gnostic or mystical Christian view. It's a shame that more don't seek out Christian mysticism and insist on only relating to mainstream Christianity and its various political agendas, as it's missing the point.

I also mostly agree with the description of the devil, or the adversary. That is what it seems to come down to on the deepest level, although there are other dimensions to it than that. I think the devil is some kind of 7th, or higher dimensional, god figure who can act on this world like we would stir in an ant farm and has dominion over this world for some reason. Maybe because we unconsciously fall in line with his agenda, and our challenge is to break free of that, but this is something that takes a long time.

The great masters say "The lord of darkness is the real prince of this world", meaning the negative forces are in control of this world. It is not a divine planet, or not under divine rule, and that is why there is so much darkness, evil, and suffering on this world.

I think our purpose for incarnating here is to transform it to a divine planet, and give it back to God, and we do that as a willing sacrifice to the Creator and creation, as we know it's just something we temporarily have to endure. But I think the way this works is far too complex for us to possibly understand while in human form so we have all kinds of misconceptions about it.

Last edited:
Standard Gnostic philosophy ... good job, but maybe try to find some of your own answers instead of subscribing to wikileaks definition of Gnosticism

Not quite the standard Gnostic philosophy I know. Villian seems to believe in a supernatural realm whereas most Gnostic Christians that I chat with hold no supernatural beliefs at all.

We believe more like the ancients did before idol worship became so popular.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Regards
DL

I’m happy to answer this, but it’s only fair for me to point out that my answer reflects my own perspective. My view is that God, Christ, and Satan are symbols. And of course different people interpret these symbols differently. For mainstream Christians, Jesus was God, and Satan is the enemy of God and of Christians. Following a more Gnostic interpretation, I see the true God as being ineffable and existing in the Pleroma beyond the material universe created by the false god.

Cut for brevity but I liked most o0f what you put fellow Gnostic Christian.

I spoke above of the supernatural that you think Gnostic Christians believed in and would remind you that our myths were written to counter the Christian myth that is full of supernatural issues and we put some in ours to counter that.

Remember the times, have a look at the link I put above, and remember that literal reading will kill any esoteric or mystical ideas.
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said thatwhen asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg,said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to yourneighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, goand study it."

Please listen as to what is said about literal reading.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greekcommentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take thesetexts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put thesesort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deepermeaning."

Regards
DL

Jesus went around preaching to ppl and claiming to be God. The next day, the powers that be had him executed, and he died. What his death has to do with anyone's salvation is beyond me. You can't kill God, plain and simple. And God isn't gonna come down and willingly sacrifice himself for you unless he is truly suicidal. If anything, you should sacrifice yourself for your God, not the pther way around. That's ass backwards. Why couldn't we just stick with our traditional Greek pantheon? Whose bright idea was it to replace all belief with ancient Jewish, Islamic and Christian teachings of all hare brained ideas. The Abrahamic religions have caused nothing but strife and discord since the days of the Egyptian plagues. And those three religions can't even get along with each other. The true, eternal religion of our planet is Hinduism.

It does ring stupidly doesn't it.

They would have us believe that God would condemn us just to turn around and die for us.

Stupid is as stupid thinks.

It is more sad than funny in the sense that Christians do not look at the immorality of substitutionary atonement and the more enlightened Christian thinkers see that policy as what will kill Christianity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKNup9gEBdg&feature=em-subs_digest-vrecs

Regards
DL

IMO, there is no true religion. Any religion is an attempt to assign immutable characteristics to the infinite, and dogmatize belief systems in order to attempt to enforce a particular way of thinking of others. Spirituality is a personal experience. There should be as many "religions" as there are people.

But yeah I agree with the OP more or less. I think we are all "god", in that we are all the universe, experiencing itself. No more, no less.

I also agree and that is why I took the label of Gnostic Christian. In the old Gnostic Christian churches, anyone could take the floor and preach on whatever issue they wanted to or had gnosis on.

That sure beats the drone speeches that the idol worshiping Christian Churches were offering where you had to buy your way to heaven with indulgences.

Regards
DL

I will say I always found it odd, growing up as a Christian, that god would send himself down to be brutally murdered so that he could let us into heaven. Hey, we were really bad, but now that I've sacrificed myself, it's okay, you're good.

It's alright guys, since I tortured and killed my son*, everything you did is forgiven. Makes completely sense.

*I mean, myself?

I will say I always found it odd, growing up as a Christian, that god would send himself down to be brutally murdered so that he could let us into heaven. Hey, we were really bad, but now that I've sacrificed myself, it's okay, you're good.

It's alright guys, since I tortured and killed my son*, everything you did is forgiven. Makes completely sense.

*I mean, myself?
All religious thought (being an old institution) stresses judgement, redemption (so as not to be recidivists), and atonement/guilt/karma to reinforce existentialism. God dies to Himself as an act of Love and atonement and relieving us of the father complex. No one wants a brutal unknowable God. We don't want God to be overbearing (because we want progress) but we want a path to follow. Human society. If it isn't God it's the 'magic of the universe' which is just as brutal. We live in a chaotic field of stars and asteroids that could wipe us out like an ant hill, yet we respect the harmonious whole. We feel guilty when we disrupt "Mother Earth" or lead it to "Global Warming" etc, etc, etc. We strive for freedom and privacy but unconsciously we will never deny rules and openness.

Last edited:
It's a shame that more don't seek out Christian mysticism

That's because the term christian mystic is an oxymoron.
Mysticism – One who seeks Union with, and understands they are part of, the absolute/god/the non dual
Christian – One who believes they are separate from god, and can only come to god by proxy I.e Jesus
So you can see these two views, within the scope of belief, are pretty much diametrically opposed.
Christian mysticism is a term hobbled together by your fellow christian apologists in an attempt to sell christianity-lite.
Thankfully people see that.