My parents know...all of it...

Hi. Parent here!
My son has been completely straight with me regarding his drug use at raves (it would be tough for him to hide it as I'm usually there too). I give him all the facts, uncolored by the studpidty of the media and the government. We have agreed on a 'fun' level of use that leaves room for the rest of your life as being OK. As a result, I'm pretty sure that he won't mess with coke or smack or dissacociatives (he's seen too many people missing the party).
I'd sooner he candy-flipped when he has a safe ride home than started on tobacco (revolting, deadly, stinky stuff). He's cautious by nature and not really interested in getting f***ed up, just getting a little chemically enhanced. We've done the research together and agreed that moderate use of E, acid, bud carries lower health risks than the legal drugs. So we communicate and have fun together (though I usually rave sober).
He's a pretty cool guy. We couldn't have built this on lies and deception.

I've taken a policy of 'need to know' in regards to my life with my parents. I keep them in the loop a bit, they know I go clubbing, but since I'm a partner in a sound and light reinforcement firm, I pass it off as 'business' which it is sometimes
smile.gif
. As for the X issue, they don't know...but my father smokes and grows weed, so I can shoot back with that if needed.
Like most of you, I've done x responsibly, purchasing a testing kit, reading reports, spacing it out, etc...so I have a viable defense if I ever tell them or they find out. I figure they'd be OK as long as I can say "I've done it for awhile now, and I'm still the same son, see?"
It all depends on the situation. My advice won't work for all of ya
smile.gif

-pod