• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

My own Inception

zooms

Bluelighter
Hey guys, I haven't posted in a long time and, though I haven't touched any substances in months, I didn't know where else to seek advice and/or information.

I`m going to refer to what I see while sleeping as dreams. Even though, they're actually nightmares, they don't scare me.

Recently I've been starting to have really, really lucid dreams. Not only that, I can now control nearly every single dream I have, and, have started to have dreams, inside of dreams.

I love dreaming, seriously. I must dream many times each night, as I can remember at least three or four different scenarios when I wake up every day.

My latest sequence, was last night of course. I had a dream about so and so, and inside that dream, I had another dream that I woke up from, but was obviously still dreaming my first plateau. I can remember me thinking 'wtf, my thumb is hurting, must of been from my dream'. I really can't explain it so, yeh, I guess it's kind of pointless.

The other happening was really, really bizarre. I was having a dream, and talking to somebody. Then I`d purposely wake myself up, but carry on with the sentence. It's like a monologue in a film where somebody is having a conversation, then they look at the camera and say 'see what I mean? He's fucked up', and carry on.

Apologies for the lack of explanation. I just find it so hard to truly explain what happened.

So anyway, seeing as nobody I know has ever experienced this, should I be worried? I`m just thinking, could this have a long term negative impact, psychologically? As I`m quite a 'take nothing as you see it' kind of person. And hardly associate with anybody due to the fact that I think 99.9% of beings are socially naive, and have been so brainwashed by society that they fail to imagine what things could really be, due to metaphorically incorrect words spoken by somebody else.

I`ll end this blog with a recent quote of my own; "insanity is a meaningless, metaphorically incorrect term given to those to whom can forsee society, amongst other things, for their true state. Maybe the matter of the fact is, you're insane. For being oblivious as to what's really there. Nothing is ever as it seems."

Any advice is much appreciated. Out.

I have always experienced lucid dreams and nightmares. For 18 years, I never had a 'dream within a dream' experience...then i tried MDMA.

The dreams within dreams 1st happened within a month of use and persisted intermitantly for another month...i didn't use any other drugs at this time.

It wasn't until my 4th or 5th time with MDMA that i realized i only experienced the dreams within dreams in the days after use. By this time, i had tried a few psychadelics, and a few stimulants. But didn't have those dreams within dreams after using those substances.

An unfortunate series of events forced me to give up MDMA (amongst other things) for 5 years. No dreams within dreams during this time. When i tried it again last year, they happened again about a week later.

For me, recuperation from MDMA causes the dreams within dreams.

i have never known another person to have experienced this before...i'm positively thrilled that you posted about this. Thank you! :)

But, I haven't touched any sunstances in fair few months. And, I never experienced these happenings before very recently.

It might possibly be triggered by my 'question everything' sort of attitude I've started to adopt. But indeed, I`m glad I`m not the the only one to experience this. It's erm, sort of reassuring.

I have reoccuring dreams, that while I am dreaming them I know that I am dreaming, but I am like stuck within the dream. It only gets scarey when I try to wake up while dreaming, and I get the sensation that I cannot move my body. I am trying to move my limbs and open my eyes, but it's like I'm paralyzed by something and I get really freaked out.

I doubt its harmful, unless you give up your day to day life to go navigate the dream world.

IME I only remember my dreams or have lucid dreams when I'm not using any drugs. I don't see any problem with lucid dreaming, I mean we spend like 1/3 of our lives asleep, why not have fun while doing it?

I don't know man. To me this sounds totally awesome and not at all disconcerting. I really want learn to lucid dream but I can barely even recall one dream every couple of days. I tried keeping a dream journal and everything. Reading this makes me jealous.

Also as far as I can tell an active and multi-layered dream life has nothing to do with you being "insane" and is on the contrary an indicator of mental vitality.

i do this too, off and on... it'll happen for several months and then stop for a few years.
seems to be in the realm of normal

Hey, the word 'inception' means like the beginning, the source, or the root, am I right? So these dreams are like revealing the origin of yourself! You better write all these dreams down!

But it is really hard to write about dreams and make any sense at all, but still I would write a short summary of them if I were you!

damn thats crazy stuff! ive had similar experiences however with extremely long, vivid and lucic dreams. many of them play out in puzzles like sherlok holmes. for example ive had a dream where i learned a "fact" at the beginning of the puzzle, that came into play at the end of my dream to solve my puzzle...and it blew my MIND! while i was still dreaming too! then it blew my mind even more when i woke up.

it happens more on downers for me (besides benzos), but occasionally occurs when Im going through stressful times in my life.