View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

My Journey Into Madness

silverbirch

Bluelighter
The other night I ate some mushrooms and smoked a joint and everything went south. I wrote a report in the Trip Report forum if anybody is interested in reading it: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...Partially-experienced-My-Journey-Into-Madness

It started with the realisation that I was tripping very hard and I would hit moments of confusion where I couldn't remember a single thing that I had been thinking. My memory slowly deteriorated until I lost all connection to external reality. Nothing made sense. All information was separated into independent pieces and disconnected from everything else. This led me to forget what I was thinking or saying after the first word. I started hearing voices asking questions such as "who?" whenever I used the word "I", "what?" whenever I thought anything, "where?" as well. I didn't understand anything including who I was or even what "I" meant. It was my own fresh hell.

The possibility of being schizophrenic became real except I returned after a couple of hours, shaken. Presumably after the weed's peak had passed. I had a similar experience at the beginning of my first AL-LAD (300ug) trip where I was overwhelmed and basically got my ass handed to me. I lost most of my consciousness and I was trapped in loops with the same repetitive dead-end voices in my head which were my own but unrecognisable. That was without cannabis.

Smoking weed on psychedelics has always gone extremely well for me in the past as I've always waited until after the peak of the trip before sparking up. This time I smoked during the peak which must've been the cause.

There is more info in the link I posted above which paints a clearer picture of my condition.
Can anybody relate to this? Is it common? Is this what is described as a psychotic break?

Feelings of permanent insanity are not uncommon on strong trips. I would definitely not say this was a psychotic break. Psychotic breaks are much more severe. They often involve people removing their clothes and being very inappropriate in various ways, or being completely out of control and violent. Sometimes there is no memory of the event. Psychosis generally manifests some extreme paranoia and delusion as well.

I've had quite a few trips over the years where during it I believed I had broken my brain and was not going to be able to recover.

this is a regular high dose experience, probably triggered by 6 tokes of weed on top of a large standard dose of shrooms.

Personally I am not attracted to this degree of resonance (stonedness) in which body sense is disrupted and your personality spawns additional selves such that you can hear voices. Moments of loss of consciousness are also not attractive to me. I do not mind time running backwards but the whole cascade of it gets too much.
A higher dose would ensure more of the same with more loss of consciousness (blackout(s))
A lower dose would let you stay in a zone that is more like enhanced reality with layers of dream more evenly mixed in.
maybe 2 tokes would have been OK. or no tokes or less shrooms and some tokes....