Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

My Ex Left After Finding a Hotter Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain.Heroin

Bluelight Crew
Same thing happened ... AGAIN!

I seriously can't fathom how or why that happened.

If anyone else has been through anything like this I would love to hear your experiences.

Edit

Y'all know what I am talking about.

Except this time I did it without really thinking and probably stampeded over someone else's feelings. WHOOPS.

So anyways wtf? Am I getting too high? I have alone time in this relationship I am in now but 3 people 0 seconds of "single".

Last edited:
You're saying that your gf broke up with your for someone else?
I mean, is this really the case?

I'm not trying to downplay the situation but I know that when we are unclear of why things happen, we need to find an excuse....

Unless she said that she flat out left you for someone else.... it might not have been her intentions.

I've been through it, Cap'n. My girl of 6 years bailed on me for a married coworker. She was never vocal about her needs and apparently I wasn't fulfilling them. We had purchased a home together and everything. Since we weren't married, and it was in her name, I got nothing outta the deal but my freedom. Four years later I still miss the house, but I'll take my apartment and current girl over her and the house any day. Time may not heal all wounds (i still dont like her), but it certainly lends perspective. Hang in there man. It'll get better eventually...

I've been through it, Cap'n. My girl of 6 years bailed on me for a married coworker. She was never vocal about her needs and apparently I wasn't fulfilling them. We had purchased a home together and everything. Since we weren't married, and it was in her name, I got nothing outta the deal but my freedom. Four years later I still miss the house, but I'll take my apartment and current girl over her and the house any day. Time may not heal all wounds (i still dont like her), but it certainly lends perspective. Hang in there man. It'll get better eventually...

how much money did you put into it?

A fair shot. Couple G's plus half the mortgage for two years. Not counting yard work, wood splitting, general fixing of broken shit.

My ex left aftr he met mr.ed, shes super ugly....I laugh about it..he down graded but I most definitely have not.. ;)

The other person was FOR me. It was a complete coincidence. It was like they knew it was better to let it happen without considering anything more than what is best for me.

...why though ?

(Sorry if this post isn't making much sense; it's been a long and hectic week).

I doubt it's as simple as "Oh, now that I have found a more attractive person, I am leaving you, C.H." To me that sounds like something you have concluded on your own, or something hurtful she said in the heat of a way more complicated situation.

^ much greater than that.

I won't bother trying to paint the picture for anyone. I was just wondering if people actually been through anything like this before.

The other person was FOR me. It was a complete coincidence. It was like they knew it was better to let it happen without considering anything more than what is best for me.

...why though ?

I don't get it, what do you mean that the other person was FOR you? Like did they tell your ex that she should stay with you instead of leaving to be with them?

Edit: ↓ That was my next guess. And wasn't that what happened on Friends?

Last edited:

...why though ?

Hmm, Did she by any chance leave you for another chick that was supposed to be part of a threesome?

I'm sorry for your heartache. My last boyfriend left me for his freshman biology teacher a few months ago.
It had me hurting for a long time but I'm doing better now that I've made new friends.
Not sure I want to date anytime soon but just know that your not alone Captain Heroin.

Im sorry. :( I do find it interesting that you may have been so oblivious that it really took you by surprise of no reasoning at all. Usually people in relationships are very open with each-other and their needs, and if they are not and a woman would do something like that to you then its not normal, healthy behavior. If Im reading this right this has more to do with her mental baggage than yours.

Keep us updated if you find out anything pertinent to the situation. Id like to hear it.

I doubt it's as simple as "Oh, now that I have found a more attractive person, I am leaving you, C.H." To me that sounds like something you have concluded on your own, or something hurtful she said in the heat of a way more complicated situation.
That's exactly what I was implying in my first post.

So like in this scenario....

I've been through it, Cap'n. My girl of 6 years bailed on me for a married coworker. She was never vocal about her needs and apparently I wasn't fulfilling them...

There was trouble in the relationship to begin with.... and then she just ended up with someone else.

I am sure that somewhere, at sometimes someone came home and said to their S/O "I am leaving you for someone else."
But I think alot of times, 2 people grow distant in a relationship because they are unhappy... and they start to find comfort somewhere else, where someone can relate to them, and then feelings start to form, before other feelings and obligations are ended.... and then it just looks to the other person that they left you for someone else.

I am not trying to talk shit here, or downplay your scenario like I said from the start C.H. Any relationship that has ended due to any reason is NEVER easy to get over, and it's hard to try and sort through what really happened. But the sooner you find truth in what really happened, is the sooner that you can grieve and move on. So really, I wouldn't start by comparing yourself to this other person saying why why why what does this other person have that I don't go. Because it ain't about that. much love.

That's exactly what I was implying in my first post.

So like in this scenario....

There was trouble in the relationship to begin with.... and then she just ended up with someone else.

I am sure that somewhere, at sometimes someone came home and said to their S/O "I am leaving you for someone else."
But I think alot of times, 2 people grow distant in a relationship because they are unhappy... and they start to find comfort somewhere else, where someone can relate to them, and then feelings start to form, before other feelings and obligations are ended.... and then it just looks to the other person that they left you for someone else.

I am not trying to talk shit here, or downplay your scenario like I said from the start C.H. Any relationship that has ended due to any reason is NEVER easy to get over, and it's hard to try and sort through what really happened. But the sooner you find truth in what really happened, is the sooner that you can grieve and move on. So really, I wouldn't start by comparing yourself to this other person saying why why why what does this other person have that I don't go. Because it ain't about that. much love.

Yea I was in a relationship where we were just kinda keeping each other company and having some fun until we found someone else, but I knew that and so when I didn't hear back from her one night I knew to just leave it alone since she probably found someone else. That's not the same as being with someone who you grow apart from since it was basically like that from the start and we were pretty much just keeping each other 'fresh' in terms of how to be in a relationship, but just like I recognized how it was like this from the start, anybody that's in a relationship that ends up going down that road should also be able to recognize it.

This thread completely pertains to what I came to the SLR for today.

I'm a bad person, and until I find a girl that just absolutely interest me/holds my attention and I have a huge desire for, all other girls are just stepping stones.

At the moment, I'm seeing a very nice girl who seems to like me very much. She's cool, but she'll be leaving for another country for about a year and a half in the very near future. She can't possibly expect me to take her seriously if she's about to leave so soon, can she? I certainly hope not, because I feel like I can do better superficially. Not that she isn't bangin' , but come to find out, her breast are fake, and her hair is actually very frizzy, but she's had a blowout to make it nicer. Long term, I can't see myself with a girl who's genetics are : Huge ass, flat chest, frizzy hair.

OP, I hope that my line of thought gives you some perspective into what your former girlfriend might have been thinking in relation to your relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.