• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Live Long and Prosper đź–– My endless search for pain medication

LifeQuitter

Greenlighter
Hey there I am new!
I want to say hello and introduce myself in a few short sentences. I came a long way. Walked a long path. Fell from a very high place in life into a very dark abyss but here I am. I had to choose between death or trying to find a pain med that actually helps me. Well, I chose the latter so here I am! I am a wanderer and my previous website has been sanctionedsuicide. I should have died end of January actually but the drugs help me stay on planet Earth. I am still looking for the right pain medication for my situation. Will write about it later, perhaps. Or maybe not. We will see.

I will use this forum to look for harm reduction and write about my experience with various different drugs.

For now I gotta sleep tight, currently high on PCP. Goodnight guys

Sorry for your troubles. I've suffered from a painful inherited arthritis condition for many years, and I finally discovered that Prednisone is the only medicine that helps me.

Many people don't realize: inflammation is commonly responsible for MOST of the pain they're suffering from. Even if it's only 50% responsible, that's a lot. Take it from me, there is NOTHING better for controlling that than Prednisone.

How much of an improvement might you expect? That depends on how much of your pain is due to inflammation. Prednisone will stop that portion of it COLD. 20mg daily can make an otherwise unbearable condition manageable. But try not to take more than that. Good luck!

Last edited:
Hey there.

Sorry for being on the CPS index. But we are all still here. For some sadistic weird reason

@LifeQuitter

I have chronic pain from multiple sclerosis that is completely disseminated throughout my whole body and is untreatable with conventional pain medication.

It's not really pain from a reason, it's pain because the scars in my brain caused the signals coming back from my peripheral nerves to be misinterpreted as pain.

Funny enough the only things that work consistently and at all is Librium or Valium (chlordiazepoxide or diazepam) other benzodiazepines are not effective. My neurologist told me that there was evidence that he's developed that they likely have a noise dampening effect on the electrical signals that are being misinterpreted. So they reduce the 'static' and provide a better signal to noise ratio.

Since I've moved and no longer see that doctor, my pain is untreated. Except for rare flare-ups where it feels like the end of an appendage has been dipped in gasoline and lit on fire, the constant nature of the pain has allowed my brain to edit it out of my consciousness.

Hope you find what you need here.