Depression My cat died about 6 hours ago

polarthedog

Bluelighter
She got sick from a puncture to her eye, and it just got worse and worse, we don’t know what disease she got, but she died quickly.

She stopped breathing, she was one of my best friends, I miss her so damn much. I feel numb.

Why would god let such a wonderful kind creature die? It’s not fair, she deserved to live, she didn’t want to die.

Why? Why would god let my poor, sweet, innocent baby suffocate in my arms?

She was on a lot of pain medicine, so atleast I don’t think it hurt at all, she was high as a kite.

So sorry to read that Polar .Ive been there a couple of times in the past with the fur kids.It was her time mate in the Universe to move on.The bond we make with our animals is truly unique and it hurts when we lose them .You cant replace the ones you have lost but you can pour love and kindness in the future to others (be it cat dog whatever).Dont really know what else to say that it fkn sux when it happens.

Poor Baby. Omg I am so sorry. How did she get hurt ?

I know that you are feeling a lot of pain right now. I know how much you hurt too.

Remember her forever and keep her in your heart . . . but like I know you will.

I know it will always hurt and then you have to get used to it somehow.

Do you think you will be alright then ?

First I want to convey my very deepest sympathy and condolences.
It is hard to lose something valuable but a friend/family can be almost unbearable.
Think of how much love and affection this loved one brought to this world either by itself or through you... I find cats have a unique way of "teaching" us some important life lessons. There are no words to offer for the mitigation of grief.
She got sick from a puncture to her eye
Bobo got this a few years back. He still has his eye but he is blind in it. I did not have the monies to get him proper treatment but can improvise rather well and had him on an analgesic, sedative and treated the eye with triple antibiotic ointment the whole while wiping blood from the oozing wound.

Could you please post a picture of her here with name on it?
:cry:

First I want to say I'm so sorry for your loss. Believe me I know the pain you're feeling now. They become your kids and the love and bond we have for our furbabies is immense. Sometimes it hurts more losing a pet than a human. But know your kitty is watching over you until you meet again. Until then, hold him/her in your heart. ❤ 💕

Jesus Christ GIF

I know that you are feeling a lot of pain right now. I know how much you hurt too.

I’m guessing she got in a fight with another cat, or maybe a skunk or something, we didn’t have the money to pay the tests, but the vet didn’t think it was curable

I’m guessing she got in a fight with another cat, or maybe a skunk or something, we didn’t have the money to pay the tests, but the vet didn’t think it was curable
I'm so sorry about your cat. I lost cats and it hurts to have them anymore. I don't have an emoti.

But I hope you feel better somehow. I guess you have to love them as much as possible. Thnx. For sharing. Try to get better.

I know there is nothing to offer in words, that will make you feel better. And getting another cat right away...I couldn't do it. I lost my 'Scrapper' 2 years ago, he was fucking 20 when he passed away. Twenty years is longer than most marriages last. Gutted is an apt word for what I felt. He lost mobility in his hind quarters one morning, just dragging his back legs and he couldn't stay upright. THAT shit was devastating enough, watching him suffer and know that his time was coming to an end. My cat looked fearful, struggling to stay alive. I am crying now as I type this out because of my affinity for animals. They rule supreme in my world, much more regarded than humans. I cannot trust a human, but I can a dog, cat, etc. Their love is pure without strings attached. And you know that your cat loved you like this. Polar I hope you find a way to live alongside the grief until you are ready to welcome a new furry friend into your life. I cannot live without an animal in mine. It took two years before I could be vulnerable again. My new cat is 3, a rescue and my support animal. I think the time we have with our furry families shouldn't be squandered. I didn't mean to write a book, sorry. I just understand the loss and feel so strongly about it. Take care of yourself in the meantime, Polar :heart5: :heart5: :heart5:

I really appreciate all the kind words everyone, I just buried her today :(.

We were saying a prayer over her grave, Andy I couldn’t finish because I couldn’t stop crying.

I’ve been doing a lot of opium lately...

I tried so hard to keep her alive Andy it wasn’t enough. I forced fed her the last couple days. She cried most of the way through, but I wanted her to live so I kept going, then she died about 2 hours after we had finished that for the day, I had just gotten her out of the bath when she died, fucked up right, she died wet, cats hate being wet. I was drying her off when I realized she wasn’t breathing right, then she just stopped breathing. I was about Tom take her into our bed so she could sleep with us that night, she would have loved it, would have made the bath worth it, she just needed to live anou5er few hours...

Last edited:
I know there is nothing to offer in words, that will make you feel better. And getting another cat right away...I couldn't do it. I lost my 'Scrapper' 2 years ago, he was fucking 20 when he passed away. Twenty years is longer than most marriages last. Gutted is an apt word for what I felt. He lost mobility in his hind quarters one morning, just dragging his back legs and he couldn't stay upright. THAT shit was devastating enough, watching him suffer and know that his time was coming to an end. My cat looked fearful, struggling to stay alive. I am crying now as I type this out because of my affinity for animals. They rule supreme in my world, much more regarded than humans. I cannot trust a human, but I can a dog, cat, etc. Their love is pure without strings attached. And you know that your cat loved you like this. Polar I hope you find a way to live alongside the grief until you are ready to welcome a new furry friend into your life. I cannot live without an animal in mine. It took two years before I could be vulnerable again. My new cat is 3, a rescue and my support animal. I think the time we have with our furry families shouldn't be squandered. I didn't mean to write a book, sorry. I just understand the loss and feel so strongly about it. Take care of yourself in the meantime, Polar :heart5: :heart5: :heart5:
Couldnt have said it better myself. They become our kids and with a love so strong that it cant be broken. I lost 3 of my cats over the last several years. And each one not any easier. Like you I cannot live without them. I have 5 rascals now and they help me keep my sanity, and I love them all profusely. May you carry your kitty in your heart until we all meet again one happy day. ❤

I feel you. Had a young cat die not even five quite suddenly I cursed the heavens still harbor massive resentment against spiritual topics don’t know what has become of my life anyways I was on a binge and thought holy shit that could have been me I cried for him hmm I don’t cry for people so easy lol

Anyways I can’t sit here in all rationality and blame some Grand Cosmic Referee or Architect or whatever for his death

Surely there was a reason I did not want to acknowledge perhaps due to how poor we are and how I did not buy quality food but fed him from pantries and the last bag purchased from Dollar General the cheapest kibble who knows maybe it was that that did him in?

Couldnt have said it better myself. They become our kids and with a love so strong that it cant be broken. I lost 3 of my cats over the last several years. And each one not any easier. Like you I cannot live without them. I have 5 rascals now and they help me keep my sanity, and I love them all profusely. May you carry your kitty in your heart until we all meet again one happy day. ❤
Ya, they definitely do become our children. I’ve said this to people and they usually just don’t understand/look at me like I’m crazy

I’m sure I’ll be alright eventually, another cat probably, we’renot really sure, she started getting an infection in her eye, and it just got worse from there

I’m sure I’ll be alright eventually, another cat probably, we’renot really sure, she started getting an infection in her eye, and it just got worse from there

There are coyotes around here and cat's will just disappear and never return. Some people have cats for 16 yrs or more. I have another pet now to worry about. (d0g)
And cat stories. But it is really too over whelming. I am glad to know that we are all trying not to hurt but it is too harsh.

I am glad you did real well and got through this as best as you can. Prayers for some Serenity. Hope you are alright and keep doing well. Right. Thnx for all !