my best friend is addicted to meth! need help asap

!_MDMA_!

Bluelighter
i havent really talked to him for about a month, i just talked to him a week ago and found this out

hes been using for about 3 months behind my back, so i dont know how deep hes in but he himself said he feels very strongly addicted

im gonna talk to him today in about 12 hrs about all this
hes already lost his gf, his relationship w his parents, relationship with friends over this
we've been best friends for 14 years so this is huge for me

i need to help him stop digging his own grave
how should i talk to him about this? i know i shouldnt yell at all brcause he'll just shutdown
what should i reccomend to him to get him to quit

There's only one thing you can do, and that is just to be there as a friend. Is your friend ready to quit meth yet? That's the thig about addiction, you can only quit when you want to. Thats why often jail, interventions and rehab do nothing if they are all forced. For sure, make sure your friend is practicing harm reduction with meth. They're going to do what they want to do, so they might as well do it safely. I really wish the best for your friend <3

^^^^ This is true. I started doing meth when I was 14 and I quit when I was 19. I had a meth/heroin addiction for 5 years. I had every reason to stop; it was bad for my health, a waste of money, I ended up in some really, really scary situations with some really fucked up guys who didn't give a crap about me or if I said "no". All of those reasons and I still didn't quit. I didn't quit until I wanted to. You can't force someone to quit. If they don't want to, its not going to happen. Just try to be there for your friend, but keep in mind meth really screws you up and your friend may not act like the person he once was. Good luck :)