• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushy season opener 2006

A couple of people from melbourne in this thread have already come across some P. Subs. This is at least the third thread regarding the winter 2005 season to be started in the last month.

Just thought I'd bring this thread to everyone's attention again.

I have had a few reports of finds down here in Tas. I checked out a few spots the other day, but the weather has been fine down here so I didn't have any luck.

Has anyone else had any luck yet? I would expect at least someone to have found some more in the last week or so. I'll be out hunting as soon as the weather turns again.

Good luck hunting!

endlesseulogy: How many did you find, i really wouldn't have expected much yet as it has been so fucking dry.

We will have to go hunting together one day.

The area i found the mushies in was very wet because it was under a giant creeper that keeps in all the moisture. All the other pactches were extremely dry :(

Its on guys and girls!

mushies3.jpg

motherload.jpg

Damn son! Thats quite a haul you got yourself there. May they all be tasty and trippy :D

I'm around the Brissy area and i'm thinking of going for a hunt pretty soon. I still think its a bit hot but we are getting a nice bit of rain lately so the season should be apon us soon!

^^^ A bit hot you think, the mushies (psilocybin cubensis and Panaeolus Cyanescens) that grow in South East Queensland and Northern New South Whales love the heat, if it rained a lot more over december you could have started looking back then even earlier sometimes, except this season has been pretty crappy (for friends and i anyway). The seasons up here is coming to an end pretty soon(these type of mushies dont like cold much, mainly Panaeolus Cyanescens) but you still might have luck (psilocybin cubensis), you never know. Here is a real good tip wait for it to rain heavily for a least 3 days(if not don't bother) then on your first sunny humid dry day go for the hunt preferbably away from traffic and big roads and hope you dont get spotted, you might have to go on bit of a drive in this area to find any suitable location. I like going in a south west direction towards the boarder of NSW and QLD but thats all I will say

Last edited:
ok im a complete n00b and spotted this on my way to uni.... is it what im looking for?
image_00006.jpg

Great to see some of you guys are having luck......bastards!!:) No, my time will come. Its still too dry at my seasonal batch. Its has not let me down yet and I've been frequenting it since I was 17. Im now 24. Happy hunting people. I'll fill you in when in luck.

I need a mushie mentor=D . Any takers?

Oh, and could someone please answer che_melbourne

che_melbourne said:
ok im a complete n00b and spotted this on my way to uni.... is it what im looking for?

No I don't believe they are. They look more like a Coprinus ... particularly they way they seem to be "auto-digesting" (ie. dissolving from the edges of the caps inward).

che_melbourne said:

^I think not not. They look as though they're growing out of fairly dry dirt, not and wood materials there at all, and the caps aren't the right texture - sorta too dull and soggy looking. I think everyone's said it before but it cant be stressed enough - if you aren't 110% sure, dont take em.

(tho) I am a complete noob too. Although I have read the 2003, 2004 mushy threads most of the way thru, read up on erowid and looked at some online field gides I still don't feel confident enough to go out by myself. I am from an inner norther suburb, if I can find someone experienced to take us out for a field trip I'd be v glad if you'd come along too che.

endlesseulogy: is that your phone bill in the pic? Hope your name cant be made out 8) . btw love your screen name. awesome. oh and if you want to volunteer your expertise to go for some 'mycology tutorials' in inner melbourne suburbs (or is that a pointless place to go?) feel free to pm me. or perhaps i'll pm you.

Sorry mods if ^ thats against guidelines.

fuck I just wrote a monster pm to u endless eulogy about ur handle, avatar and mycology, but ur inbox is full (probably from other whiny Blers like myself asking if you'll find their mushiers for them. aah, the price of success.) I lost the whole fucking msg cos I am at my gfs house and she only has IE. Fuck i hate IE, cant wait to get home where there's mozilla. anyway, empty ur inbox and i'll type it all again.

Ive decided to post a few good mushie pics to help people on their quest

**IF IT DOSNT BRUISE BLUE AFTER AWHILE - DONT EAT - IF YOU ARE IN DOUBT, DONT EAT**

Heres a nice closeup of a Psilocybe Subareginousa that i found the other day. Notice the dark purple spore print on the top. Not all subs have this mind you. Also note that this mushroom has dried up a fair bit since fruiting. Subs are naturally a very goldish/brownish colour when wet

tyas.jpg

This is a sub i found up in the Dandenongs last winter. They dont cluster as well up there however their size is generally a bit bigger and they look rather different to Suburban mushies. Notice the "nipple" effect on the top of this sub. Its a good indication to how much they actually vary in shape and size.

sherbrooke1.jpg

Now this is one you gotta watch out for. This is the DEADLY Galarina. These babies contain the nasty amanitatoxins which will kill you unless you recieve an urgent liver transplant. They look very similar to subs and often grow in the same areas, esspecially in the bush. The major differances are that they dont bruise blue when you pick them, they have a different colouration to the stem (notice the dark nasty black colour) There is also presence on a "anular" ring. This is a small ring shaped thing near the top of the stem. Subs dont have this present. Also the gills on the Galarina are more orange. Its very important to know what you are doing before you attempt to hunt for mushies people!

sherbrooke4.jpg

Here is a nice little cluster of baby subs. Notice the colouration of the caps and stems. Sub stems are fiberous and they are pretty tough. If you flick them they wont break off.. The stems also have a shiny appearance. Kinda like silk.

subbiewubbies.jpg

This is probably the tallest sub i found last year.. This was at a campsite to the west of melbourne in the bush .. Notice the difference to suburban subs

bigsub.bmp

While looking at these pictures, pay attention to the habitat in which they grow. Suburban subs grow in unlandscaped gardens that have alot of native grasses. They grow in the council layed woodchipping mulch. It needs to be old and rotting though. The new shit they put down isnt any good. As a general rule. If it looks too neat, there will be a low chance of finding subs. Sometimes you have to go off the beaten track to find them. Ive noticed that subs love that long spinifex grass that grows near creeks and ponds. That shit plus woodchipping is a perfect environment for them.

Forest subs grow pretty much anywhere there is alot of moisture and old decaying wood. Its harder to find them in the bush because of a larger area to cover, but its always fun because bush finds are usually massive.

If you have any further questions dont hesitate to PM me!

Last edited:
che_melbourne said:
image_00006.jpg

These look like inky caps.. ive never seen subs cluster like that. If you want to know more PM me and i may be able to help ;)