• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] High Dosage Trips

Hey Akoto,

Having done 7+ grams myself at once...you have no idea! 8o You have NO idea how far out...8o 8o 8o ...how fucking amazing...how fucking scarey...8o 8o 8o

DJAcetone, it might be an exaggeration in his case but it's not hard to believe. It's no different than drinking a vial of LSD. Just makes your trip last for days instead of hours.

Well, there's no way to tell exactly how much i had. It was the hardest i ever tripped. It lasted an eternity, or about 14 hours, and i had been plugged into an IV for the last 3 hours of the trip. Here's some other wild things that happened during my journey:

Lost one shoe, wondered around in the street and watched cars fly away, lost shirt, pants down to knees, swimming on the sidewalk....most of the time i thought i was in a dream because i had taken a nap at the begining of the trip. The apartment appeared to be a quarter mile long and the cieling disappeared. It was crazy....Mmm mmm Florida!!!

fisheye, i think you just convinced me. dunno if ill be able to this weekend

"i basically want to trip mega balls and dont want it to be bad in any way (ive yet to have a bad experiance) "

If you don't want to increase the chance of a bad experience then don't increase the dose, or only by half a gram. Ask yourself: "why am i in such a hurry?". If you don't think about it now you will when the 8grams start to kick in. Doing what you want to do introduced me to my first bad experience. If you are having fun and a worthwhile time on shrooms until now, why go crazy with such a big dose. Unless you mushrooms are not that potent 4 grams is quite a bit already.

How about Salvia?

Have you tried Salvia? Although Salvia does not last as long, my experience with smoking the extract blew 6 grams of shrooms away completely. It sounds like something you should try if you want more of a "supernatural" experience.

It's definitely not recreational but then again neither is talking to entities, which is exactly what happened the first time I smoked Salvia extract, and has never happened even on large doses of LSD or shrooms in the past.

ya i would like to try salvia, but havent found an apropriate time, and havent been bothered to make a trip into toronto to get some

All I gotta say is make sure you have two things on hand:

1) A TRUSTED tripsitter. Not only trusted, but experienced with psychedelics and handling other people's bad trips well. This is pretty crucial if you ask me when first trying heroic doses of any psychedelic. It could mean the difference between a beautiful experience and a terribly ugly, bad experience.

2) Benzos! Preferebly xanax. Xanax has a quick, quick onset (15-20 minutes). If the trip turns bad, even first swalling 2-4mg might be comforting before the effects even kick in. (I say 2-4mg because I have a tolerance. Myself, I'd probably go quite a bitter higher in dose because of this tolerance. For someone with zero tolerance 2mg would proabably be sufficient. However, because of the high mushroom dose a higher dose of benzo's may be required to calm one's self down from a frenzied state).

Be careful my friend. The first time I ventured into the mushroom realm I was hippy flipping and handled 5-6g pretty easily. I'd attribute the easy-goingness of my experience to the fact that I was rolling. It definately took any sort of edge I might have experienced off, but I had no idea of the actual potential of the mushroom's true power. I found it out on my second trip on a half ounce (apx. 14g), this time without any rolls or any benzos handy. Probably the stupidest dose and event I've ever put myself through. Although, I'm glad I was shown what I was shown. For a good year or two afterwards I couldn't trip on mushrooms without recalling the experience literally, no matter how low the dose. I finally got over that with the help of LSD and some deep thought/meditation. BE CAREFUL and consider those two things I listed! Godspeed.

im kind of oblivious to benzos and dont really know what they are or what they do. i dont really like the idea of taking more drugs to help me tho

one question... do you smoke pot when u do mushrooms? it takes me up over 3.5 grams of mush to get into ego loss territory, but if i take like 2.5 and smoke, i can really feel almost like a synergy between the two.... of course u may be looking to use ONLY shrooms, in which case, i understand.... just a suggestion... peace!

Akoto said:
im kind of oblivious to benzos and dont really know what they are or what they do. i dont really like the idea of taking more drugs to help me tho

I respect the cautionary attitude towads combos with unkown side-effects when combined, but benzos are often used by hospitals for sedating patients with severe psychedelic drug psychosis even alcoholics with DTs (which can be similar to a hallucinatory state not unlike the psychedelic experience). It's quite a safe method for grounding oneself when talking a person into a calm state and removing fearful surroundings is not working. In the higher doses for either LSD or mushrooms some people might not be able to be calmed down by simply talking and require either sedation or restraint which a lot of hospitals do not hesitate to use which is extremely unpleasent. Just some advice from actual experience. Peace, be safe.

I don't see why benzos would be needed by an experienced tripper, as long as set and setting is carefully planned (don't be out in public for example) I would think a trip to the hosiptal would be very unlikely.

NoRtYbYN8uRe, i usualy do smoke pot when i shroom, but since i wanted this one to be different then all the others i was planning on not. perhaps a bowl or 2 at the start but not much.

thoes benzoz sound like a good idea, ill see if i can get some (dont know where to start really)

and ChemicalBro, its cause something can go wrong at any moment to anyone (your elbows very well may melt off as you read this)

ChemicalBro said:
I don't see why benzos would be needed by an experienced tripper, as long as set and setting is carefully planned (don't be out in public for example) I would think a trip to the hosiptal would be very unlikely.

Even for the most experienced individual in ANY field where vast experience diminishes the likelihood of distaster, a trainwreck is not an impossible occurance and can occur outside the clutches of our own control. The odds of this happening rise as variables in one's actions are changed (ie: the accustomed dose, the fear--no matter how slight--of attempting this dose, et cetera). Benzodiazepines are not a 'must have' per se, but they aren't a bad idea for someone who is especially cautious with their mind and body.

Personally, I've tripped approximately 12 times on mushrooms and 10 times on LSD. I've used benzos (clonazepam and alprazolam most commonly) on occasion, not every time, and found them to be very helpful. Not only do they take the uncomfortable electric edge off (which some people love, 'each to his own'), which can be irritating for me, but they also allow me to sleep the next day as I personally have trouble sleeping for a full 24+ hours following any trip or stimulating substance. Just my personal advice from my own personal experience. Doesn't apply to everyone.

Its weird hearing people talking about taking grams of mushrooms. I live in CA now and I see alot of people selling mushrooms by weight, but I've never bought shrooms. I went to college in Mississippi for a bit and during the rainy humid spring/summer months there is virtually an unlimited supply of shrooms if you know where to go pick. I've see feilds if the conditions are right with literally thousands of mushrooms growing.

My personal experiences with the high doses the original poster was asking about has been only with drinking tea. I had about 10 oz. of some tea that was made with over 80 medium to large shrooms. Hard to get down.8o I was definately tripping surprisingly with little hallucinations, but I had some memory problems of the night and cognitive problems. IMO I wouldn't suggest doing this because I could definately tell I had taken too much of something although I did not vomit. It was not a bad trip but not enjoyable either. I might add that with every experience from those Mississippi shrooms is different, but that may be highly dependent on other factors as well.

BTW roughly how many shrooms are in a gram?

i did them btw, and it ended up being not nearly as large as intended because i think my brother may have taken some of them from me. maby next time

i did smoke alot of pot during it and got super intence cev's especialy at the come down when i smoked another J

I usually stay away from pot while I'm tripping because I can get very paranoid when I'm stoned. I also get some pretty gnarly panic attacks because of my braces, sometimes they can get overwelming. While tripping, they feel like chain link fences!

it did turn the trip somewhat more violent and less piecefull (i remember some sort of zeuse character beating on an exact mirror image of himself who is the oposite colour)

ChemicalBro said:
i have tripped many times, my friends too. yet after every new trip we take, i realize just how crazy things can get. i think when youre tripping, especially if its with other people, you tend to forget just how fucked up you are. walking around in public, doing stupid shit, and doing other drugs that you really shouldnt be doing can all seem too normal when youre tripping.
never assume that you are too experienced to have something go wrong during your trip.

^^^Good advice.

You stupids out there that want to trip alone...

we may never hear from you again.

"Goodbye cruel world... ...goodbye, goodbye." Pink Floyd