• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Dosage & Methods of Administration

Do you find the taste of shrooms disgusting (enough to take measures - which? ) ?

• I don't mind the taste and eat them dry or fresh just fine

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • It is a bit nasty but I just suck it up and chew on them anyway

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • I mind the taste a lot, I eat them as quickly as possible

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I hate the taste, only use in tea or soup, (etc)

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Other (... state in post)

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
hey, i have a tip i'd like to share with the PD community! i'm sure most have you have heard of using honey to disguise the mushroom taste...

last time i ate shrooms, i put the stems in a large spoon, poured a generous amount of honey in, then simply ate the contents. tasted just like delicious honey with like a hint of mushroom. the more grossed out you get about the taste, the more honey you add to the next spoonful!

it works ;)

love,
a heavily tripping FGH
<3

Gaian Planes said:
one time there was some powder in the bottom of a bag that had like an ounce or so in there and i put some water in the bag (it turned BLUE!) and then put that blue water up my butthole! :)
Seriously? I hope you're joking.

I know a guy that railed powdered mushrooms. It was weird and I told him it would be a waste but he did it anyway.

Last edited:
PriestTheyCalledHim said:
Eat them raw. Fast for a few hours, at least 3-4 before eating them.

Thats another thing. I am a big advocate of fasting before trips, mushroom trips especially. I try to fast for 8-12 hours if I can before a mushroom trip. It always hits so much faster it seems, and a more intense peak, but like others have said of grinding them, it doesn't last as long. My favorite trick with dried mushrooms is to put one or two between two potato chips, preferably BBQ or if you are in Canada ketchup flavored. I think that it is fucked up that ketchup chips are like the main flavor of chip in Canada besides regular. You hardly ever see them here in the States. Not to get off topic but I think the ketchup chips rock. But the chips help make the texture better to handle and the intense flavor of the chips covers up any nasty taste.

If fresh put I a cup with a LITTLE hotish water.. Use hand blender so it's a liquid and drink it Real quick xD

If required sugar to taste :)

i actually had no problems in the past but lately it makes it harder to eat the mushrooms for me when i'm nervous/anxious about the trip (which am sometimes with mushrooms, because they're so powerful and i've been using them for serious psychonautics).

i like to plug fresh mushrooms.
cap side first ;

no, but seriously, i usually eat them with apple sauce, or as a mushroom chocolate.

grind them fresh or dry (i did this last night with fresh) in a blender with orange juice PROCIFICIENTLY, you won't taste at hings and they'lll hit you in 8 minutes.

Anyone else done this?

or weighing and grinding them and putting them in gelcaps is fine, its not worth it to do an extraction because you'll only get 50% pure alkaloids, psilocin and and psilocybin.

1. raw. chew and swallow
2. melt chocolate. fill molds with ground mushrooms
3. steep in hot water add 1-2 black tea bags
4. steep in hot water. let cool. pour into gatorade container. (or something similar) add kool-aid and refrigerate. low profile shroom tea for the person on the move.

*when steeping some people use a small bit of lemon juice to help with the process

ectolysergic said:
1. raw. chew and swallow
2. melt chocolate. fill molds with ground mushrooms
3. steep in hot water add 1-2 black tea bags
4. steep in hot water. let cool. pour into gatorade container. (or something similar) add kool-aid and refrigerate. low profile shroom tea for the person on the move.

*when steeping some people use a small bit of lemon juice to help with the process

Nicte one, I'll try that some time.

Grind them in a coffee grinder and put em in gel caps wporks great too,

usps Just sent me free tyvek, no strings attached go figure!

Don't cook them at all. The best way it to eat raw. I found a very good way to decrease nausea if you are interested. Here is my way to eat shrooms.

Don't eat for 3-4 hours before hand. Down a 1/4-1/2 tablespoon vineagar, or more, doesnt matter. Vineager decreases nausea a lot believe it or not. Wait fifteen minutes or so. Take a bite of banana. Eat your shrooms. Take another bite of banana. Chew ginger or down vineagar to deal with more nausea as needeed.

yeah mine were dry...kinda tasted like sunflower seeds, just is a bitch to get it all out of your teeth and whatnot but still easy to do.

2c-buoyant said:
usps Just sent me free tyvek, no strings attached go figure!

yeah, i ended up with a lifetime supply on accident. i didnt know they would be so large. =)

Psychedelics_r_best said:
Don't eat for 3-4 hours before hand. Down a 1/4-1/2 tablespoon vineagar, or more, doesnt matter. Vineager decreases nausea a lot believe it or not. Wait fifteen minutes or so. Take a bite of banana. Eat your shrooms. Take another bite of banana. Chew ginger or down vineagar to deal with more nausea as needeed.

i nearly always take a bit of crystalized ginger with any preparation. it really does help. i'll even add ginger to my chocolates with great results. i never used to get such hardcore nausea eating raw but unfortunately i've joined the ranks of those who do. luckily, i've found my stomach to be much happier with tea and chocolates.

i feel like some of you only tried cubensis.......try some copelendia...those are really "foul" tasting (very strong taste), luckily you don't have to eat much 0.5g is like 10 stems and gives already a good trip

Gaian Planes said:
one time there was some powder in the bottom of a bag that had like an ounce or so in there and i put some water in the bag (it turned BLUE!) and then put that blue water up my butthole! :)
RECTAL ADMIN/MUSHROOMS!!! HELL YEAH!!!!! IM NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!

there is a trick, its called blue honey. Lets say you got a lb of mushrooms, you powder the lb and put them into lets say a gallon of honey. Eventualy teh honey wil break down all teh plant material and will strt to get a blushih tint. it will also act to perserve the msuhrooms and the active chemcals in the mushrooms will then evenly eb distributed through out the honey. If you get just right with mushrooms/honey you can make a spoon full of honey a dose f your mushrooms.

The Tale of blue honey

It's summer.
The sun is high up and blazing hot.
The little magic mushrooms that used to appear
in the cow pastures down the road have dried up and gone away.

For that matter so has your grass connection,
and all that you're left with is sandpaper leaf
that leaves a static edge on your head.

The mellow highs of the rainy season
are now just so many jasmine-of-your-mind memories.
Dreams from another time.

The butterfly mushroom that opened the doors of perception
in the springtime are but lost keys in the heat of summer.

You tried drying the little fungi,
but the magic is lost in the process,
and freezing turns them to mush.

What to do?

The answer comes to us born on the winds of time.
Kosmic, karmic trade winds from an ancient Mayan past.

To save the magic, all one needs to do is immerse those morsels
in raw honey and stash them in a cool, shady place,
and let osmosis do its thing.

The honey will first turn amber,
then a deep blue-black color
indicating that the honey has become psychoactive.

At this point it is time to strain out the mushrooms from the honey.
Use the mushrooms to make a psychedelic snack,
And store the honey in a tightly capped glass jar.

The honey has now taken on the magic,
and properly stored will retain it for several months.

Come summer when the mushrooms have
disappeared from the field, it doesn’t matter.

There, in the cupboard, is the honey pot,
full to the brim with "Blue Honey"
Shades of Pooh Bear and Van Morrison.

A couple of teaspoons in your tea or coffee,
and one or two to sweeten your cinnamon toast,
and its time to keep an appointment with God.

Side Note:Squeeze them with a paper towel to get rid of the excess water them drop them in the jar. Use the minimum honey needed to cover them. Just the top turns blue where the psilly is oxydizing. The rest goes dark amber. No need to pour off the water. The honey gets a bit diluted is all. After a while (say 1/2") you hardly need to add any honey at all. I just add a touch now and then cause it seems to act as a preservative to keep the shrooms from rotting. The amnazing thing is the volume that builds up just from aborts.

Test 1.. 2 Teaspoons.. good
Test 2.. 4 heaping teaspoons... WOW!

And remember Be safe dont eat anything your not sure about.

A friend of mine took this photo just now, wink.

dxmandinsomnialmostgotmefiredlamo.jpg

Yeah this honey & mushrooms thing I heard about many many moons ago - never tried it myself but a couple of people I knew did so & they seemed happy with the preserving properties & taste of the mixture.

LordKrishna - have you sampled this delicacy ?

Gaian Planes said:

i'm curious,
how'd it work out?

LordKrishna said:
there is a trick, its called blue honey.

know if this can be done with anything other than honey?

I always like to crush them up and then mix them with apple sauce . Goes down easy and quick and you cant even taste them . Ive always tripped face with this method . My buddy swears by tea but i feel it doesn't last as long and is less potent overall .