• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mushrooms: Are they right under our noses?

OLMARTEEE

Bluelighter
Ok first let me state that I know nothing about mushroom species or mushroom picking. but I live in Louisiana and Im told that theygrow wildly in this state. I was wondering as to how easy (if you knew enough about mushroom species) it would be to find them. I mean could you just go to a cow field or some woods by a neighborhood and find them growing? If anyone knows a good bit about these amazing mushrooms or has some answers for me , please reply or u can email me at [email protected]
Thanks alot, Mikey
[This message has been edited by OLMARTEEE (edited 18 June 2001).]

Yes, they are right under your nose, as long as it's the right season. I forget which season that is, but scavenging cow fields and woods should yield you some nice wild shrooms. Just do your research, and if possible be accompanied by someone with more mycology experience. More info @ http://www.shroomery.org the definitive site for shroom info, including guides to finding htem in the wild.

Thanks man I really dont know anyone with a good degree of knowledge of mycology. And Im definetely not eating anything that I pick. LOL Id like to meet someone with experience in shroom picking
smile.gif
Id road trip no problemo.
, Mikey

Please be very careful picking wild mushrooms....eating the wrong ones may mean you die a slow and agonising death by liver failure some weeks after you have eaten them.

Mr Geezer, I agreee with you totally. This is why Im searching for help in the matter. I have read a good bit but Im def. not goin shrooming until I have someone with me with experience. There has to be someone out there!!!!!! lol~thanks, Mikey
[This message has been edited by OLMARTEEE (edited 18 June 2001).]

well ive checked in the mirror, and i dont got no shroom's under my nose, damn, i wish i was like you guy's.
------------------
I tried sniffing Coke once, but the ice cubes got stuck in my nose. :(

i got a mushroom under my nose...but it's way down there...more like under my belly button...in my pants even...
biggrin.gif
LOL!!!

LOL Good Corruption. But seriously you guys lolI need some help with this stuff., Mikey

Mikey,
Read the mushroom hunter's guide. I think you can link to it through the shroomery. One way to help ensure you get the right ones: Search in a cattle field. Look for mushrooms growing on manure. Squeeze the shroom. If it has a tan-yellow cap and turns blue (bruise) where you touch it and it's growing in cowshit, it's the real McCoy. Since we had so much rain in south Louisiana, now is the time to go a-lookin. Wild shrooms have popped up everywhere. Just follow the above instructions, and read the guide. Or, grow the damn things. It isn't hard or expensive (I've heard).
Peace
------------------
"the pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple" Oscar Wilde

seriously, they are, they are wild mushrooms. thats all! they even grow like mold (pun intended) over here in the uk.
although like Mr Geezer already said, be carefull, there are type's that look very similar which are deadly.
do some research on a shroomie website, or just search www.google.com.
just say know! (where've i read that?)
------------------
I tried sniffing Coke once, but the ice cubes got stuck in my nose. :(

Thanks alot for all the help guys I really appreciate it. Im goin out probably today to see if I can get some. Wish me luck, Mikey

Is it just another drug myth that new forms of cow feed prevent the growth of mushrooms? I grew up in Texas in a large cattle area and heard this when I was a teen,... no idea if it has any truth to it, but I'm sure you people would know.

Cattle feed from the co-op trucks is untreated therefore fungi can grow in co-op fed cattle crap...
But if the rancher/farmer purches thier feed from a feed store say Calahans chances are it will be fungiside sprayed and therefore the cows will produce worthless craps.
Here in Texas these trucks are labled co-op on the both sides... Just follow these trucks to their destinations...and after a good rain go back to that field in the early morning before the sun comes up(preferably when the moon is out) there will be crazy caps all over that shiat...
good luck

Exx-Head do ya think maybe one weekend youd wanna take a little trip to the local cow fields with me? I mean Id be willin to pick ya up and stuff. So If I see mushrooms growing in cow shit and I squeeze um and they turn blue or purple then its without a doubt the real thing? Thanks guys, Mikey

more than likely.
priceless book to pick up at your local bookstore to carry out with you into the field : The Audobon (sp?) Society's Field Guide to Mushrooms.
Great color photos, complete descriptions, and it even tells which species are psychoactive! Yay for the fuckin hippies who wrote this book!
------------------
D. A. R. E.
Drugs Are Really Expensive
AIM - CaucasianHomeboy

Have you ever just tried to grow them? There are countless sites that will sell spores, and since spores don't contain any psylocybin, it's perfectly legal until you start growing them. That way, you're not searching through cow dung (can you cuss on this site?) and you know you've got the real thing.
------------------
Knowledge is the only key
To unlock reality
"Just say know"
-Timothy Leary
Since hotmail is apparently banned, feel free to hit me up at
[email protected]

nah never really thought about growing um. How long do they usually take to grow? What other stuff would I need besides the spores like equipment etc.? , Mikey

Just be careful when trespassing in a field; my friends and I were chased off by an angry redneck on a tractor while searching for fungus on the Northshore.
ALthough I have yet to have any luck, my dad has regaled me with tales of his successful shroom-hunting experiences. It can be done, just be careful both of the shrooms you pick and the trespassing issue...
Read the Field Guide to Wild Mushrooms, which has good color pictures and ID information.

Yeah you have to watch the farmer here here kinda pissy sometimes...
A friend of mine got chase off by the guy who owned Southpark meadows. He said the rock salt didn't feel very good in his back...hehehe....
Ironically we ended up working for that guy for a a little while and the shrooms were all ours!