• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mushroom virgin looking for advice 💗

Old saying is very applicable here: "Fear of God is beginning of wisdom.". I am afraid every time I am taking psilocybin mushrooms. Fear comes because I respect mashrooms. Mashrooms are very potent tool that should never be taken just to party. That is my own opinion at least...

Mashrooms are to be feared but not in a negative context. It is a fear due to humility one has to have if he is aware of imense potential they bring to the table. Especially if one is dosing 4 grams or more.

As I said, I am afraid every time I am taking them, but I still proceed and take between 4 and 8 grams. 6 grams is my sweetspot.

I wouldn't push anybody into taking psilocybin mashrooms as it has to be personal and very intimate desicion...but they are the vehicle that got me closest to what I would call Being (some will say God, some will say primal nature, some will not name it...). Power they have to connect individual to life around him is astonishing. But with great power comes great responsibility. Fear, respect and humility are 3 ingridients that one should have in their set before taking this entheogen.

Benefits for me from taking mashrooms were stopping smoking as they vividly showed how important is to breathe properly. They also helped me with anxiety, addiction and depression. Even the "bad" trips (there is no such a thing in my mind - I would replace "bad" with "unpleasant" or "difficult") teach you about yourself, and few weeks later you are greatfull for that "bad" trip.

So being affraid is not only normal, but in my view desirable. As long as it is right kind of fear. Having said all that I will not recommend that you take or don't take mashrooms because the reasons mentioned earlier.

I will end with 2 texts I wrote day after taking mashrooms. English is not my mother tongue so give me a bit of a slack. xD

Whats the point? That there is no point!

If you think yourself as something you are putting limits on yourself. You are creating a part in infinity and then you are clinging to this part as you were it, and by this way you are creating tension toward infinity. You are creating the point in infinity and you are pointing to it as yourself. Once a point is created, and you associate yourself with it you have limited yourself. You have put yourself outside of everything -it is you against everything else. This is the situation where we are now. We think we are the point! Each one of us thinks he is the point. But if you get off this illusion that there is some point, that you as that point exist independently, that you are some thing...if you get rid of the illusion of identifying - then you can see that there is really no you and that in this way you are everything. You are the point, but not seeing yourself as any particular point you can break yourself down in two and still remain unchanged. You can be broken down in half eternally, and still remain yourself, just because you did not identify yourself with any particular point, with any particular state .Here is the source of eternal, unlimited energy emanating from one point - not identifying as any particular point, not limiting yourself with any state. Then you can be broken down to eternity - split up, played with, created with, sustained, and broken down again without being anything less at any state and any time. This is what is thought when said "You gotta lose yourself in order to become everything...". What point are you? You are no point! What's the point? There is no point! And what a wonderful point of view this is!

Right or wrong?

One day in a little monastery a student of Zen was anxiously pondering about whether he has done the right thing in one of his actions the day before... After his thoughts became so busy that it was unbearable he went to his teacher, explained him his problem and asked:

"My beloved teacher, have I done the right thing?"

-„Right thing for who?“ ...Zen master replied...

...and continued:

Right thing for one is inevitably wrong thing for another! ...right is always contrary to left...and what you are left with then is the conclusion that it cannot be all right - what would be left then?

You are asking an irrelevant question. Rather selfish one I would add.

You can never know what is the right thing for you...let alone what is the right thing to do for another person.
In fact, there is no such thing as doing the right thing! Right is done and automatically wrong is done.There is only the doing and it is being done eternally and effortlessly by itself!

Trust the Universe to take care of itself and you will be free from any wrong or right ...and left at peace eternally by stopping all judgment in your mind.

...and the student had no further doubts any more...

Hope it helped a bit. :)

Yeah that term is almost exclusive to psychedelics as far as I know. And I totally get what you’re talking about on coke, but with psychedelics it’s a far more existential and humbling experience, and in many cases much scarier. Not to be taken lightly, especially with mushrooms which, although ultimately subjective and anecdotal, have been known to induce more harshly introspective states than other psychedelics. Bad trips are usually less frequent then good ones, but please treat them with the respect they deserve. They are also the first psychedelic I tried and I was blown away. Truly life-changing. I hope you have a similar experience. I’d love to hear how it goes when you do and if you have any questions let me know. ✌️🍄🍄

BTW, though I’m sure it’s been covered already, don’t expect to hallucinate in the classic sense. You won’t necessarily see things that aren’t there, rather you see things with a dynamic filter from a vastly different perspective. You won’t see pink elephants and clowns unless you go to a circus. It’s a very difficult experience to describe so go into it with an open mind and realize everything passes.

Last edited:
Thank you so much everyone for your replies!!! they are invaluable, so myself and my soul si 🌟 have had a chat today and she knows someone that has knowledge on and grows the same strains as a Terrance McKenna? This is still just an option atm, we’re sourcing this week, I need to look more into what it is I’ll be taking. Anyone heard of these? We’ve decided to head to the forest around 5pm this will be in January, with all the necessities, lanterns, quilts , crystals etc, all the spiritual shit we need , ensure we have no commitments until the following morning or disturbances and take somearound 6pm and end up sleeping in the back of the car under the stars. I’ll def report my experience, but thanks to you guys I really am much much less scared and you’ve really alleviated a lot of the things that were holding me back and my fear has absolutely morphed into excitement!!
Any other tips for our night out are more than welcomed !! She’s my best friend and so glad she’s gona do this with me, we’re very connected and are hoping for a shared experience.is this also a common thing amongst doing them together with this intention? She’s a newbie aswell never done them but less afraid that I’ve been lol. A lot of spiritual workers have told us that combined we are capable of shared experiences and power gained . We are weirdly in sync. Xx

^That sounds like a great plan! The only thing I recommend is maybe having a sitter or at least someone sober that knows where you are and what you’re doing. Though I’ve skipped that step many times myself, it was only after I was pretty experienced.
Do you have any ideas on dosing? Terrence McKenna is known for bringing easy home cultivation to the masses, especially Psilocybe Cubensis which is an average strength species that is most commonly encountered when not picking wild ones yourself. That would be a great species to start out with, but be careful: some strains of even cubensis can differ from others, especially the Penis Envy type which are almost impossible to miss because they are massive in size and are usually significantly more potent. Even different batches of grows can be wildly inconsistent.

Thank you will near that in mind, yeah we won’t go too far out , a couple of people will have our location and we plan to be very careful on dosing, once I know exactly what we’re getting I’ll post and see what you all advise. We’re both neither over or underweight and healthy , will be totally sober and will have been for at least a week before.
What happens with body temperature or perceived body temp? I’m in England as I said so it’s gona be reallllll cold, so I’m gona have to be careful I don’t forget it’s freezing and well basically freeze to death 😂. X

Oh and sorry to be pesty but anyone had shared experiences on mushrooms? I’ve been scouring through all the trip reports , I’m not just being lazy 😂 x

Make sure you bundle up! I don’t feel cold or hot really when tripping. It doesn’t even register, so don’t freeze to death thinking you’re warm. You’ll be fine though.

I used to read trip reports endlessly before I tried psychedelics and although some pieces are beautiful works of prose that reveal some small aspect of what tripping is like, nothing quite does it justice. One of the best things I’ve seen is a picture on here that @Xorkoth posted (might still be there) that uses some psychedelic filter feature.

Or trace the Fibonacci sequence out on graph paper and you’ll understand all the secrets of the universe. Also, phyllotaxis. Look it up.

Mushrooms are great. Like others said I would start with a low dose. A low dose to me feels more akin to being psychedelically stoned than straight tripping.
The Terrence McKenna shrooms sound like Penis Envies to me. I rarely get very strong hallucinations with mushrooms though. The real good effects for me are the mental changes. I love the shroom mind. I haven't really gone over 4-5 grams though. I agree that if you are going to have a hard time during any part of it that it will be near the beginning at the plateau. I find with psychedelics in general that the feeling of lifting off imparts much of the anxiety, and once you get used to it it will just be a natural part of the experience. I like to start off mushroom/tryptamine experiences in a really cozy setting without much stimulation for this reason. With, say, a heavy dose of 4-AcO-DMT that come up can feel like a rocket taking off in your veins. Its good to concentrate on slow deep breathing and general meditation stuff while you are coming up. It helps to stay grounded. If things ever get especially rocky, which is pretty rare for me, "this is not permanent" becomes a sort of mantra. The anxiety almost always fades for me when it plateaus, and it feels basically just like that. You feel the "up and up and up" feeling level out and suddenly things feel really comfortable and awesome. I think about this point of the trip and it usually makes me a little more comfortable pushing my doses higher in the future. You may have a little stomach discomfort at any point but it will generally pass too.

I recommend preparing with your sitter beforehand. It's good to set clear guidelines for expectations so that you both feel comfortable. You will feel more at ease knowing someone is there with you holding space, looking after the needs of your body as you journey. They will feel better knowing what your expectations are, and how to be better at being hands off, letting you guide your own journey.

Here is a resource:

One quick note: Mushrooms are exceedingly safe. They aren't, however, "DMT-light." In many sant people's view, mushrooms are one of the deepest and potentially most challenging psychedelics. I personally find them considerably more vast and disorienting than DMT. I also find them to be much more valuable, healing, and rewarding.

As others have said, there's no rule saying that you can only trip once in your life and have to make it count. You're totally welcome to dip your toes in with light doses to get a feel for it.