View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

mushroom tea and other mushroom stuff

falsifiedhypothesi

Bluelight Crew
I did mushrooms for the first time last night, it was not a strong experience but it made me contemplate changes I could make in my life. I only did 1.5g's .75 caps and .75 stems, I cut them up into small pieces and ate them. I only felt mild effects at the 2 hour mark so I ended up smoking a little weed too.

The weed made me feel a little uneasy and paranoid, I'd like to not have to smoke any next time. I only have ~2 grams left and was wondering if mushroom tea would be a better option for more intense effects? If so what's the best method for making tea? I heard tolerance builds fast with mushrooms, how long will I have to wait between experiences to make sure I get the full effects?

I feel a stronger and less diluted (with other drugs) trip could really help with my depression. Last time I felt like I was on the verge of something great but was slightly out of reach.

Your tolerance will go down after a few days, but I would do some thinking first, get yourself in the right mindset, and after say a week, dose again. I forgot how to make the tea, but there are some tek's on here on how to do that stuff. I personally liked the lemon tek. You soak your shrooms in lemon juice and after a while(you have to check), you drink the lemon and trip. I thought it was cool. Go into the PD social at the top of the Psychedelic Drugs menu, and ask them. They will tell you.

The standard rule of thumb for 5ht2a based psychedelics (with the possible exception of DMT) is wait two weeks between every significantly "above-baseline" psychedelic trip you take.

As for making tea, cut the mushrooms to little chunks, boil a cup of water and let it sit and cool until it's merely hot, then add it to the cut up mushrooms. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and a dollop of honey as it brews to make the taste slightly more palatable. Let it infuse for 10 to 20 minutes, longer is better. Stir it often, feel free to microwave it to keep it warm too.

You can pick the goopy mushrooms out afterwards, strain the tea, or just drink the whole thing. I don't think Psilocybe sp. mushroom-flesh on its own is much of anything more than cellulose or some other biologically inert structural material. If there's a compound in shrooms that can be said to make people's stomach feel strange, it's psilocybin, I suspect.

It's also good to know that mushrooms can have a tendency to not "play well" with some people either, myself included. No matter how I take 'em they end up leaving me a little shaken - every time I attempt to take a trypamine, funnily enough ... Too much inner restlessness?

I know for a fact lots of people find cannabis has a tendency to supercharge psychedelic highs to a level where things get uncomfortable. Especially if you're prone to cannabis anxiety using it on its own. And for Heaven's sake don't let anyone convince you to start dabbing when you're on shrooms, until you're a seasoned veteran.

Thanks sekio. Always busting out the knowledge. I learned from your post also.

most people just boil it quickly - I try to avoid that since excessive heat should damage psilocybin - mainly psilocin shrooms like cubes might be worse than semilanceta - I know lots briefly boil them with no apparent loss at all. I find tea a good way but have or had (done tons over the years but I can't stand shrooms in all honesty) a more complex way to make tea to make sure there is no waste:

cut the shrooms as fine as poss and put in not too much hot acid water (the lemon) as above; put the liquid aside and repeat twice and pool the results to get everything; I get a potato masher and crush them each time there in the water to extra break up the shrooms (actually made of chitin)

There is only so far your gonna get with 2g if 1,5g weak though - other than taking syrian rue before hand - but it's not a large dose of cubes eitherway

What mushrooms were you using? Try a stronger species or a higher dose for your next trip. Teas are disgusting when they are laced with shrooms. If have fresh shrooms, you can put the fungus onto a pizza. If dry, just grind and eat 'em.

I'm fairly certain the shrooms have already lost potency from improper storage so I don't want them to lose too much potency from boiling or heating. On the other hand I need them to be as powerful as possible so I think tea is the best way to go.

Thanks for all the replies, I'll look up some tea recipes on my own too I just needed some general info.

I'm fairly certain the shrooms have already lost potency from improper storage so I don't want them to lose too much potency from boiling or heating. On the other hand I need them to be as powerful as possible so I think tea is the best way to go.

Thanks for all the replies, I'll look up some tea recipes on my own too I just needed some general info.

Yep, they loose some potency when you cook with them. But they are still active. I have made various meals substituting standard non-active mushrooms for psilocybes. Cooking them also eliminates nausea and makes them taste great. I baked a pizza with 5g of Azures on it and it worked great. Potency was more like a 2-3 g trip. Sauteing them as part of a meal works great and results in much less of a potency drop than roasting in an oven. Try chicken marsala with psilocybes.

Anyway, tea is stupid as hell. If you really want to get the most bang for your buck, just eat them. There is no reason to cook a vile and revolting tea when you could just grind the fungus and encapsulate it or eat it raw.

but wouldn't making them into tea create a solution/suspension of psilocybin making it easier and quicker for your body to absorb once ingested?

Ok, here's my recipe for mushroom tea.

First off, re: degradation through high temperatures - 185F is supposedly the magic number. I use a digital kettle and set my water to that temperature; or use regular boiling water, and then let it cool for 2 minutes to bring the temperature down.

1) I always use filtered/bottled water without chlorine in it. Basically you want your water as 'pure' as possible. Distilled/deionized if you can get it.
2) Working with cracker dry shrooms, I grind them in a blade coffee grinder until they are dust.
3) The shroom powder goes into a Bodum press tea pot (you can google it if you want).
4) Add 1 jasmine green tea bag, a spoonful of honey and a spoonful of lemon juice.
5) Add your water, and let sit for 1,2 or 3 hours. It doesn't matter.
6) Plunge the tea press to get rid of the gunky mushroom bits

Your tea will be at room temperature now and you can gulp it down in one go. Or, you can put it in the fridge in a sealable coffee mug and cool it overnight. Mushroom ice tea :) It is stable with no less of effectiveness for at least 4 days (I've tried). The ice tea can also be placed in ice cube trays, and the resultant ice cubes are good for at least 2 weeks (I used them within this time frame, but they would probably last longer).

The strongest I ever made the tea was 17g dried in 32 oz water.

Tom

but wouldn't making them into tea create a solution/suspension of psilocybin making it easier and quicker for your body to absorb once ingested?

You can grind the fungus into powder and dissolve it in lemon juice or a small quantity of water (as in just enough to cover the powder) if you really want to use solution. Using juice potentates it significantly as it changes the alks to a salt and dephophorylates psilocybine and baeocystine into psilocine and 4-HO-NMT.

I guess that depends on how well you chew also. If I eat them (or if I eat mushroom chocolates) I chew them to a mush and I keep that mush in my mouth for a period of time (say twenty minutes) and that works well for me.

BTW, I've always interpreted the Lemon Tek as simply:

cut mushrooms fine/ grind/ powder
throw in a glass of cranberry juice,
mix,
let stand for half an hour,
drink.

I used cranberry juice for its taste. OJ or something similar with citric acid also works. I hear the phosphoric acid of Coke (the soda) enhances oral DMT very much by converting it into its phosphate(1) so that might work for mushrooms - maybe someone more knowledgeable could comment on that.

Also take note of the exceptional status of grapefruit juice before you use that(2)

1)https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=39239
2)https://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=2726

This thread said mushroom tea and other mushroom stuff, so here is other stuff.

Nexus, you mentioned lemon juice. Would you consider the Lemon Tek good?

seems like lemon tek would be better since there is no heat involved, I would just mix it longer than the tea.

Yea. I did a decent soak in lemon juice, and was surprised at how quick it gave me a buzz.

Tea still tastes pretty rank. I always dry the mushrooms and capsule them with my magic "cap-m-quik" machine. That way you can have an accurate dosage every time.