• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushie hunting season (Sydney)

have we had enough rain yet? what does everyone around sydney think...

i'm not too sure, i hope so!

it usually takes some decent rainfall to make them fruit... sydney also kinda sucks because the temperature here doesn't usually get as low as it does in melbourne. that said, sub's are growing in some areas of sydney. i've not had much success myself here, because they havent been introduced yet to my area (well perhaps they have, but we'll have to see when it rains some more).

if all else fails, take a drive to somewhere a bit more chilly, after it has rained a reasonable amount in such an area ;) from experience, often the day after is the best time to hunt... leave it for too many days with rainfall on and off and u get a big patch of rotten bluey black mushrooms :(

Wow, I had to dig deap to find this thread, Anyone had any luck?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I've found heaps !!

oh wait...this is the Sydney thread, sorry, i thought it was the Melb one !!

had some luck over the weekend they are around :) just have to keep your eyes peeled

Psilocybe subaeruginosa

i suspect it to be a varient in the form of Psilocybe australiana

however it is very difficult to tell without a microscope, which i do not have

found about 50 in total praying for more rain this week as their was a LOT of little dots :) waiting to pop up

2004 Shroom Season (Syd)

Well, has anyone had any luck yet?

Its been bone dry around here for me :\ Not enough rain but its definately getting nice and cold during the nights. I'm sure there would be some sneaky little moist patches in the mountains that could be sprouting some but whos going to look, not me :(

After nights like last night I'd say it's cold enough, but we need some bloody rain... :\

I'm actually considering trying mushrooms this year for my first psychoactive experience, just waiting for rain and time to go and have a look and see if I can find what I need..

i have already found some earlier so they are around.. we just need some more rain, which there is no sign of on the radar :(

keystroke said:
I'm actually considering trying mushrooms this year for my first psychoactive experience, just waiting for rain and time to go and have a look and see if I can find what I need..

Make sure you go with an experienced hunter or read up on mushrooms and their species for hours upon hours. There are species of mushroom which can be mistaken for the hallucinogenic types which can kill you days after eating them.

Take a look at this thread here and the rest of the forum from that link, also search for as many sources of information as you can here. Try http://www.shroomery.org as well.

thanks Cavey, I've done a fair bit of reading into it - and wont take anything I don't 100% know will be the right type.

bit weary on doing it myself but i'll just have to keep reading and looking at photos.

Been overseas for the last couple of months, and about the only reason I was happy to come home was coz I'd be right in the middle of mushie season. Came home the other day to discover we've barely had any rain since I've left..
Waaaah! Looks like this will be the worst season we've had here in a long while. :(

Thread Cleaned.

This thread has been cleaned of off-topic and inflammatory remarks. Please keep posts on topic, and civil, and keep personal remarks to private message or email. This forum is not a place for name-calling or flaming.

BigTrancer.