• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Murder possible on DXM?

If you have a predisposition, practically any drug can trigger it. Certainly dissociatives are among the more likely ones. Still, it's a catalyst, not a cause.

Coricidin contains CPM, a delerient, making acting out more likely (it's nasty dangerous shit you shouldn't take either)

DXM alone can cause blackouts at high dosages, it's happened to me on ~1080 mg. It's not a pleasant trip and I wouldn't repeat it but it just cements the fact that you need a sitter at high-dose dissociative trips.

Sometimes you get lucky and the immobilizing effects of the drug will prevent too much coordinated muscular activity, but not everyone is glued to the bed, and while blkacked out who knows what you'd end up doing.

Most people don't get violent or cause harm to others, mostly there's a lot of puking, slurred speech, and strange posturing. It looks like this guy was disturbed to start with though.

I've smacked the shit out of people on 2nd plateau DXM in late teens early 20s because I was a loose cannon.

The drugs that would make violence difficult IMO are empathogens and classic psychedelics (serotonin agonists) and anything causing OOBE (salvia, high dose dissociatives.)

Violence on non immobilizing dissociatives isn't common but it's not unusual, many stories out there.

LOL I can't see it even being physically possible for somebody to fight whilst under the influence of salvinorin-A. The last time I smoked a salvia extract, my propioception and body map were so completely...messed with, that it was a heroic and almost impossible act simply to bring the lighter to my pipe for the second time and cache the bowl, what with the way in which my left arm felt like it was attached to my right shoulder, the right to the left, and both facing such that the crooks of my elbows were rotated round to the outside, elbows pointing towards my wrists whilst my body was sliding through the wall at the back of the bed I was lying on, like a patient slowly entering an MRI scanner.