• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Mr. Robot

JoeTheStoner

Bluelighter
In MR. ROBOT, Elliot, a cyber-security engineer by day and vigilante hacker by night, is recruited by a mysterious underground group to destroy the firm he's paid to protect. Elliot must decide how far he'll go to expose the forces he believes are running (and ruining) the world.

full pilot episode available on youtube from network. i enjoyed it and think others may so im posting it because i wasn't aware of this till a friend mentioned it, just spreading the word. heck, i'll watch anything with christian slater tho, been a fan since gleaming the cube.

It was okay. Better production values than most TV shows. The lead actor was good.
I'm not really into hacker stuff, though... It's difficult to craft a show (or a movie) around hacking.
Seems like it's going to be rigidly episodic, too, like "The Blacklist".
Not going to bother with the second episode, personally.

(I love 80's Christian Slater, but - these days - he sucks balls.)

I am hopeful this series will end up being worthwhile. There is really nothing on TV during the summer. (not that it's much better the rest of the year)
The cinematography was terrible in the few USA shows that I tried to watch.

Christian Slater was in at least two solid films in the 90's, True Romance and Very Bad Things.

Yeah, Slater's done a couple of worthwhile films in the past couple of decades (but he's mostly done awful B-movies, like Val Kilmer).
I liked Churchill: The Hollywood Years (2004) and Interview with the Vampire (1994), too...
I guess I should have said post-80s Christian Slater *mostly* sucks balls.

Last edited:
glad ya gave it a chance.

i'm reminded of the first season of hannibal, how each episode had a different killer, then it became focused on hannibal and will and it got real good. hope this focuses on a single "evil corporation" for a season. looking forward to how the main character grows and evolves. im sure many can relate to his anxiety, drug use, looking out for the dog and seeing a psychiatrist for his problems.

Last edited:
It caught my attention. Not a lot of shows do that. The lead has a very intense presence, which helps.

Yeah, I just watched the first episode and enjoyed it, I'll be watching more soon.

im hooked, this show seems incredibly socially relevant to me.

Of all the shows on at the moment, I must admit that this is the one I'm tempted to invest more time in. I need something to watch, but there isn't anything that appeals to me that much... I started watching Orange is the New Black with my girlfriend, which I like to some extent, but it's just filler entertainment. It's not a show that is going to resonate, years from now.

this show seems incredibly socially relevant to me.

It seemed, to me, like it was trying too hard to be socially relevant (maybe in order to appeal to a wide range of demographics). The writers don't know anything about hacking and - although awkward - the protagonist is too "cool". The drug addiction was unnecessary, I thought. That speech in the first episode about doing a certain number of milligrams of morphine to avoid addiction doesn't sound like it was written by somebody who's ever been addicted to opiates... And how many fucking shows - post-Sopranos - are going to have cliched protagonist / therapist scenes (to justify exposition). The protagonist in Mr. Robot doesn't seem like the sort of person who sees a psychiatrist. (Maybe I'm being picky.)

Having said all that, the lead actor is great.
He has an intense screen presence (read: very spooky eyes).
And the first 10 minutes of the pilot was excellent.

I've tried to watch beyond the pilot a couple of times, but I just can't seem to do it (which is annoying).
I'm rapidly becoming someone who cannot tolerate being exposed to too much film and television.

Oh, well.
I bought a Kindle today.

yeah I admit I got side tracked on the 2nd episode and lost interest. I might try and re-watch it :p

This show is like a continual tribute to Dexter. When Dexter was good.

I don't think he's using Suboxone correctly. Why does he mix it with morphine? That's a waste of morphine.

Also, who does lines of morphine!?

I've been following this, just when i feel like the show is becoming predictable it manages to throw in a curve ball.. i like been surprised. The most recent episode was very interesting

I saw the [spoil]father[/spoil] thing coming from a mile away, but not the [spoil]sister[/spoil] thing.

I'd like somebody to comment on the theory that this is all a SIMS game and the characters are avatars of the players, and that the person playing Elliot is also playing other characters in the game.

I have no clue what a SIMS game is; I just read that on IMDB.

I'd like somebody to comment on the theory that this is all a SIMS game and the characters are avatars of the players, and that the person playing Elliot is also playing other characters in the game.

In the beginning, the show attempted to portray that perhaps these people Elliot was interacting with were imagined.. it wanted the audience to consider the idea, and then later revealed that they were actually real people. And im noticing this pattern throughout the series, it's hard to really know whats going on. I mean it paints quite a solid narrative and there seems to be an over-arching story, but it's all very vague.

I think there's a LOT more going on then what's been revealed, and that above theory is just crazy enough to be possible.. but it would also mean the end-game for the series.

This series was a total mindfq. A+ in my book, especially the later episodes. I'm so glad they renewed for a season 2. Oh and don't miss the post-credits scene on the finale, I wasn't expecting that and was about to turn it off ;)

My guess is that the Mr Robot in Elliot killed Tyrell. The last scene before the finale showed the popcorn popping in the machine, and remember his sister put the gun in the popcorn when Elliot wouldn't take it to protect himself from the dark army.
I have mixed feelings on them not showing the actual execute, and instead skipping to Elliot waking up in Tyrells car days later with amnesia. Regardless, one of the last scenes in the finale with Mr Robot going on that rant in times square was an incredible scene. Heck, the acting and script between Elliot & Mr Robot was outstanding. Cool to see that post-credit finale scene and that the actor BD Wong playing whiterose will likely be in season 2.
I went back and re-watched all the episodes after it was confirmed Mr Robot was Elliot to watch it from a different perspective. Some of the scenes where Mr Robot is interacting with other people and Elliot is also around don't seem to make sense, but in most of them Mr Robot is in the background and no one is talking to him directly. When Mr Robot is alone talking to other people it must just be Elliot, or a hallucination, imagination, of Elliot's. Good summer show %)

First of all, thank-you Tromps for pointing out the post-credit scene i wouldn't known otherwise - it was interesting.

Secondly on the spoiler comment:

I was also attempting to wrap my head around the older scenes with Elliot and Mr Robot.. but what i noticed as you did is; usually there's always one of them in the background, before it was even revealed they were the same person i found it strange that Mr Robot was quiet and hiding in the shadows at times and Elliot was at the forefront.. even when shit was hitting the fan he just remained in the background, that aroused my suspicion. But i was still surprised when it was revealed.

Times Square rant was fantastic, i was sort of expecting a climax like that from either Elliot or Mr Robot.

One a side note: When was the final episode filmed? The events they mentioned were very recent in real-life (Greece/EU debt bailout, Ashley Madison hacks) - I did love how tuned in the show seemed to be with real events happening in the world right now.

I really can't stand his sister though, she seems to be all rebellion and no thought.. The whole 'were now free' ok great, but lets do a reality check and ask yourself what are you going to do now, what's next.. there whole plan was to erase debt with zero thought given to an alternative solution and i think this is emphasized when her colleagues are all asking the question 'Now what?'. - I have a real issue with that anarchist rebellion crap, so that was my only gripe.. but the show was an outstanding surprise.