• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Moving to the UK

I haven't been, but Bristol is cool for a bluelighter type. Very underground scenes on the go; lots of weird and wonderful drugs.

I remember at Glade (festival) the Bristol kids would happily sell ketamine for a quarter of what we paid in Newcastle. You know the droughts bad when it hits Bristol, or used to be at least.

I'm not sure if anybody else will find this as funny as me, but me and my ex-girlfriend (who was very middle class), used to have an ongoing heated dispute (she got really angry) over whether the ketamine capital of the world was Bristol, or Oxford.

Can confirm Bristol is cool as fuck. Would love to be there again :)

As long as you stay the fuck out of London the cost of living isn't too bad especially with a flatmate or two. No way are you affording to live inside London without winning the Lotto or saving for a decade at this rate though. Sad because it's a lovely city.

Yeah London is definitely out of question.

I remember at Glade (festival) the Bristol kids would happily sell ketamine for a quarter of what we paid in Newcastle. You know the droughts bad when it hits Bristol, or used to be at least.

I'm not sure if anybody else will find this as funny as me, but me and my ex-girlfriend (who was very middle class), used to have an ongoing heated dispute (she got really angry) over whether the ketamine capital of the world was Bristol, or Oxford.

Cheap and abundant ketamine? Fucking lovely. +1 for Bristol.

Can confirm Bristol is cool as fuck. Would love to be there again :)

+2 for Bristol then. :)

I rent a large studio flat in Zone 2, East London for a stone cold £1,000 a month.

I'm broke as fuck but...Worth. Every. Penny.

There's a reason why London is ridiculously expensive. It's because it's ridiculously amazing.

Once you've lived in London for over 5 years the novelty wears off.

After even more years you become kinda fed up with it. You only realize that when you sleep in a house in the countryside where there's at night no noise and you actually manage a deep good sleep, not the one where you subconsciously get woken up by passing busses, taxi's, fire engines, police cars every x amount of minutes.
Also you won't actually manage to see smog travelling past your bedroom window in the evening if you live in the countryside.

This only applies to people who weren't born there, if you're born there and you don't know anything else than it's where you're at your most comfortable. Yet a lot of Londoners don't dare crossing the Thames because the people on the other side are nasty!

Yeah I mean London by zone 1-5 anything outside ain't London, Stevenage ain't fucking London nor is Esher or anything past Epsom...

Anything past there sure is a different world.

Yeah I mean London by zone 1-5 anything outside ain't London, Stevenage ain't fucking London nor is Esher or anything past Epsom...

Anything past there sure is a different world.
In my day, you had to live in a London postcode to be London, so N,NW, E,SW,SE,W,EC,WC were London and everything else wasn't including Wembley and us in Stanmore wasn't, I still feel embarrassed when I put down place of birth as London.

Not always true. I was born in the east midlands but have lived in London for seven years now and I find more and more I love about it, the more that I discover and feel at home. There's just something about London.

Once you've lived in London for over 5 years the novelty wears off.

After even more years you become kinda fed up with it. You only realize that when you sleep in a house in the countryside where there's at night no noise and you actually manage a deep good sleep, not the one where you subconsciously get woken up by passing busses, taxi's, fire engines, police cars every x amount of minutes.
Also you won't actually manage to see smog travelling past your bedroom window in the evening if you live in the countryside.

This only applies to people who weren't born there, if you're born there and you don't know anything else than it's where you're at your most comfortable. Yet a lot of Londoners don't dare crossing the Thames because the people on the other side are nasty!

That goes for every European and probably every western city in the world.