Movie references.

i gotta agree with "Nowhere" i have been tryin to find it around here but none of the stores ive looked at carry it, luckily my friend has it
smile.gif
i think that movie is wierd as hell, but its real good, alot of famous people are actually in there...i think that the whole 'alien' thing is strange and the soup can part is ummm disturbing but ive always been one for wierd movies... GO! was good, but SO DUMB at the part where the girl was sittin in the van with the kid she sold fake pills to and he was sayin that he felt it (wtf?) and the dancing in the grocery store was a bit much, but it made me laugh.
The Acid House was a damn good book, but i havent seen the movie yet, im waitin for it on video. I think that 'Ecstacy' was more related to E (duh) and the party scene and i liked that too (both by irvine welsh)
O yea and well, i never saw it rolling but 'The Minds Eye' videos while trippin out are phat as hell
smile.gif

"someone tell me about the fuckin golf shoes"
------------------
"We hold these experiences to be self-evident, that all is equal, that the creation endows us with certain inalienable rights, that among them are: the freedom of the body, the pursuit of joy, and the expansion of consciousness."

Ok I just saw it this weekend but being john malkovitch. It didn't contain any drug scenes except Charlie sheen asking John Malkovitch if he was Stoned, but when you see it you'll know. I don't want to give anything away.

Check out the movie SYNTHETHIC PLEASURES!!!
best movie ever made
Damn GO! sucks big time...that movie is for MTV infested minds...
------------------
Like all ways P.L.U.R to my people......

Thanks for the tips on good movies.
I got "Pleasantville" out last night on video and thought it was terrific!!!!

Wizard of Oz, no explicit dosing, but definite metaphors: tornado as coming on, b/w to color, DMT munchkins, stasis-animation of scarecrow, hallucinatory clouds, ego death.
Plus i've tried the Dark Side of the Moon/Wizard of Oz combo twice and it worked well, definite drug connotations there.
Resurrect your favorite old posting today!

linz-e: Welsh's lesser-known but (in my opinion) BEST book is "Marabou Stork Nightmares"...not many drug references in it, but its the best book I've ever read.
While on the topic of books, there's a couple of great short story compilations out there: "Disco Biscuits" & "Intoxication" (this one has stories written while on drugs, not just about them
smile.gif
)
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas has got to be one of the best and funniest drug movies ever made
smile.gif
I love the scene when they're in a bar on ether and Hunter goes "why is that woman fucking a polar bear?" and also when the other guy says "as your lawyer, I advise you to take more drugs"
smile.gif
smile.gif

One movie I haven't seen mentioned is "Blue Juice". It's an english surfie(!) movie with catherine zeta jones and ewan mcgregor among the cast. A group of friends kidnap another friend who is soon to be married, to show him a good time....one of them slips him a pill and he runs amok
smile.gif

I can't remember the name of this movie....but it has leonardo dicaprio in it...its about a gay french poet, and they drink lots of Absynthe
smile.gif
Anyone seen it?
[This message has been edited by Joelle (edited 07 December 1999).]

Blue Juice indeed has a big E scene, the guy drops and basically loses it big time but loves it all the same. He ends up getting naked painting himself blue and dancing.
Human Traffic is the only film that is actually about E and club culture. Club scenes were so realistic that people were dropping and dancing in the cinema's at home (UK).

Try watching a horror film while tripping, like one of the NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET movies!
Freddy's face.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!
Horror movies on drugs rule! All that happens is people do drugs, have sex, and die.******Kinda like real life
wink.gif
Check one out! LATE.

Joelle said
I can't remember the name of this movie....but it has leonardo dicaprio in it...its about a gay french poet, and they drink lots of Absynthe Anyone seen it?
The movies is "Total Eclipse". The poets are Rimbaud and Verlaine.

The Simpsons episode where Homer thinks he sees an alien but its Mr.Burns hopped up on his medication that makes him live longer,,, notice he is glowing green, calm, nice and saying "i love everyone" and not to mention his pupils look like dinner plates.. makes ya think.

Did anybody see The End of Days? One of my cali friends said they were at a real rave shooting footage. I guess Arnold was in disbelief of how druged up the kids were in the background during the filming. So did the rave scene make it in the final cut?

that episode of the simspsons was on tv here tonight! and also the one were homer eats that chili and goes on that trippy walk through the desert. There's another one with drug references were Lisa drinks the water on that ride at duff world....love that episode..."I can feel the music..."
smile.gif
smile.gif

..............KIDS..............
That movie has Jenny took a pill and getting all fucked up in that club. Look at all the kids in the club you know that they are all blowin up. It's the best movie ever made. Everyone should see it. Wake up!

Hi children,
The reson there are not any great movies about e is that no one heavily into the scene has enough working brain cells left to wtite anything half interesting.

Hell, I think all cartoons are tripping. Watch cartoon network with it muted and put on house music--you will believe it! They are ALL tripping! I swear!!
------------------
~~Majik

"PARTY GIRL" WITH PARKER POSEY!!!!
that is the best movie. And lots of e references... its all about her throwing wharehouse parties
I love the part where she goes to the dealer at that party near the end and says something like
:"give me something so powerful that my unborn children will sprout gills"
That film was the bomb!
But I think that everything that parker posey does has rocked- kudos to whoever mentioned Daytrippers earlier too!! (sorry, so far back in the post I lost your name)

"PARTY GIRL" WITH PARKER POSEY!!!!
that is the best movie. And lots of e references... its all about her throwing wharehouse parties
I love the part where she goes to the dealer at that party near the end and says something like
:"give me something so powerful that my unborn children will sprout gills"
That film was the bomb!
But I think that everything that parker posey does has rocked- kudos to whoever mentioned Daytrippers earlier too!! (sorry, so far back in the post I lost your name)