Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Most powerful songs for tripping on LSD in hyperspace

TripSitterNZ

Bluelighter
Post up your most powerful songs for tripping im always keen to expand my sense

This is one of my most powerful songs for hyperspace this stuff has tripped me out so bad

I like really textural things.

Merzbow is pretty classic power electronics and is like a massage for your brain. Washes of static, higher order effects and it almost feels like parts of the song that are moving aren't.

Kali Malone made this album using a pipe organ that she ended up apprenticing with its tuner. Most of the movement in this piece is from changing stops of the organ which causes different voicings of the same note.

Nicolas Jaar started out making deep house that was profoundly interesting. He has touched on many styles since then, and is pretty much Midas-like in terms of the care and detail he puts into his music. The album Cenizas is slow and careful, a fairly somber album with moments of joy and levity.

I could go on, honestly. Music is my favorite activity on psychedelics and there are so many great albums that can take you to so many varied places.

I like nicolas jarr and had a awesome time with him on a candy flip but it was nothing on the level hyper dimensional forcing me to stare down the infinite face of god but made me feel amazing and in my soul.

Also, Carpenter Brut from France is pretty dope...and this video is is just beyond words 💖💖💖
This is honestly one of my favorite things to watch/listen to on psychedelics.

Last edited:
Anything ordinarily powerful in my experience, although do others feel certain types of music are better suited for acid vs other compounds?

'Animals As Leaders' second album 'Weightless' had me in an otherworldly euphoric state as I strolled through a grassy field.

Apart from many psytrance tracks, Enigma MXXILXX1V (or whatever the roman numerals are!) sends me to beautiful places every time.

I mostly like listening to postrock while tripping, whether on psychedelics, dissos or both.
Some of my favorite artists:
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
65daysofstatic
This Will Destroy You
God Is An Astronaut
Mogwai
Do Make Say Think
MONO

i like future sound of london and aphex twin never heard of the others though i should probably add more IDM into my trips.

Last edited:
i like future sound of london and aphex twin never heard of the others though i should probably add more IDM into my trips.

Mu ziq makes really thoughtful drill and bass ditties. This is probably my favorite cut

Boards of canada is so amazing for tripping because of the different layers of detail in the music. You really pick up on some of their near subliminal uses of samples.

Squarepusher could realistically be called "jazz fusion" idm, really great shit. He is somebody who is extremely prolific, and has gone through many phases..

Here's a random lyrical techno from him

Also autechre is another idm group I really like for tripping. They have quite a range of music from ambient techno

,to extremely abstract emotional stuff

I do have a bias against idm kind of, in that I feel like it had its moment in the 90s and early 2000s, and that exciting and interesting electronic music made these days is more likely not be called idm.

Here are some things I feel are exciting electronic music.

Kelman Duran - he makes really beautiful ambient reggaeton that is booth haunting and lit. Think pitch shifted choirs juxtaposed with looped vocals and sparse beats.

<iframe src="https://open.spotify.com/embed?uri=spotify:album:5fSGYvB1cmqcvoYI0S1Bo8" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>

Varg2tm - makes techno that switches from bangers to delicate landscapes and garnishes his tunes with emotional spoken word pieces. https://youtu.be/hMhECCaZy8U

Actress - makes music that feels lo fi in a way that YouTube videos are lo fi. A master of glittery textures and creating a mental space using song titles, the music and the album art.

Yves tumor - Uses rnb idioms and very luscious production to make extremely creative and dark and beautiful music.

Sorry for hijacking this thread a bit. I do feel quite strongly about a lot of this music, and am willing to look like an asshole for the chance of getting people into some of these artists.

Last edited:
I was listening to her when half of my working brain was returned to me during the first MDMA self-administer.

I mostly like listening to postrock while tripping, whether on psychedelics, dissos or both.
Some of my favorite artists:
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
65daysofstatic
This Will Destroy You
God Is An Astronaut
Mogwai
Do Make Say Think
MONO
I only have a few go-to songs when on psychedelics, and this one is the best track in the universe.
The explosion at the end of the crescendo is the only thing I know of in this world that somewhat reminds me of 5-MeO-DMT transcendence.

It's pretty historical, but maybe have a look through this thread, anyway :

🙏

Last edited: