• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Most effective ROA/Method to do Gabapentin?

Siccness909

Bluelighter
What's up guys long time no see, well I've acquired some gabas about 8000mgs worth. Now I've heard gabapentin is a weird drug the way its metabolised in the blood, what's the safe staggering method to get the most out of them? Also what's the best roa to ingest them. I also wanna make sure its safe to take as stated. I've been taking large doses orally all at once and getting a little buzz as I have tolerance to them but regardless if I didn't, is it effective? Any advice welcome, thanks BL....I'm back for awhile been working on getting into a rehab anyway yeah thanks in advance guys

I learned to stagger my gabapentin prescription by watching Bluelight. No, really. Had a script for like three years now, and it IS the way to enjoy this truly great (for some, alcoholics seem to really like it, case in point) medication. Also, try not to abuse this one (hard to anyway)--she's your very slow best bud who shows up four hours late, you'll never party or have drunken sex, but she'll say the just the right thing to leave you feeling OK. Gabapentin has eliminated any need for booze with me, and I wish more folks would sing that).

It's not your blood, or even your liver, that effects the concentration, but your guts. There's a specific transporter that moves the drug into your bloodstream, and it gets overwhelmed around the therapeutic dose. You could eat a dozen, and most of it will move to your poop chute before it can be absorbed.

So before the mods banish you to the search engines, I'll share: simplest for me is 600mg at T-4 hours, -3.5, and like -1, T being dinner out with extended family or whatever your anxiety triggers are. Best to keep it at that, but sometimes you'll really want to ride the "buzz" out if you start early, and you can reserve a #4 or #5 at least two hours apart. Yes, of course I've chewed one every half hour all day long. But like I said, she just won't have sex with you, stop asking and enjoy this actually amazing evening. The extra doses (I get 3x600/day/month) go toward forced abstinence to help avoid tolerance.

Esp. for day-long horrors of sober living you want to keep your tolerance low and your pills plenty. NB: this schedule at first will add extra time to any pop math quizzes, and the mood shift IS apparent to others, so be prepared for accusations of using if you have a history (you'll walk a straight line but be comfortable and actually TALK to people, just like when you did DRUGS!!!).

Also, get a doctor to agree to this if you do rehab--Nurse Ratched will be the one administering them according to the label.

Ok few hours in between sounds right, is it true eating before taking it will increase its effects?

I've been fiddling with this shit for a few years now and have arrived at the system that works best for myself. Whether it will work for you in the same fashion, I cannot say. Firstly, I've read that Narpoxen (Aleve) has the potential t boost effects by a maximum of 10%. I'm just saying, don't be going out of your way with the Naproxen, as the benefits are really not that great.

The biggest variable at play, again, in my experience, is the environment of the stomach. Having a high-fat meal on board can greatly increase bioavailability. Another poster had made a reference to one of my other threads regarding Gabapentin, but what I do, is eat a high-fat meal, like an english muffin with a lot of peanut butter, dose ~600mg every 30 minutes with a little more peanut butter and whole milk, for a period of 3-4 hours. This is the method that I've arrived at and it appears to be the most effective.

Keif' Richards seems to know quite a lot about this so I suggest taking a look at this thread:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...-this-a-read)?highlight=gabapentin+staggering

Ok few hours in between sounds right, is it true eating before taking it will increase its effects?

Not really. A little fat/protein might retain a pill in your stomach longer, and you need the drug to have a net neutral charge, so people holler about gettin' acids going and all that Since you of course remember when I was your biochem lab TA, that means you want the carboxylate anion and the amine cation, just like an amino acid that your stomach thinks it is, and even at pH 7 you're there. Just don't take it with five tums.

First two should be more like less than an hour, same time works well enough; I think of it as one dose, all others maintenance.

There IS some mysterious factor that I haven't found that really makes the angels come down and turn up the color on everything, maybe once a month, and might be food-related If I figure it out you'll hear about it everywhere.

I learned to stagger my gabapentin prescription by watching Bluelight. No, really. Had a script for like three years now, and it IS the way to enjoy this truly great (for some, alcoholics seem to really like it, case in point) medication. Also, try not to abuse this one (hard to anyway)--she's your very slow best bud who shows up four hours late, you'll never party or have drunken sex, but she'll say the just the right thing to leave you feeling OK. Gabapentin has eliminated any need for booze with me, and I wish more folks would sing that).

It's not your blood, or even your liver, that effects the concentration, but your guts. There's a specific transporter that moves the drug into your bloodstream, and it gets overwhelmed around the therapeutic dose. You could eat a dozen, and most of it will move to your poop chute before it can be absorbed.

So before the mods banish you to the search engines, I'll share: simplest for me is 600mg at T-4 hours, -3.5, and like -1, T being dinner out with extended family or whatever your anxiety triggers are. Best to keep it at that, but sometimes you'll really want to ride the "buzz" out if you start early, and you can reserve a #4 or #5 at least two hours apart. Yes, of course I've chewed one every half hour all day long. But like I said, she just won't have sex with you, stop asking and enjoy this actually amazing evening. The extra doses (I get 3x600/day/month) go toward forced abstinence to help avoid tolerance.

Esp. for day-long horrors of sober living you want to keep your tolerance low and your pills plenty. NB: this schedule at first will add extra time to any pop math quizzes, and the mood shift IS apparent to others, so be prepared for accusations of using if you have a history (you'll walk a straight line but be comfortable and actually TALK to people, just like when you did DRUGS!!!).

Also, get a doctor to agree to this if you do rehab--Nurse Ratched will be the one administering them according to the label.

Ha! I just felt this was a good post so I quoted. Kind of like Dale Pendell in the Pharmako Trilogy: Pharmako/Poeia (1994), Pharmako/Dynamis (2002) and Pharmako/Gnosis (2005)

I have a script. I only use it once a week or two. To me it is a strong drug. I stagger then night I am taking, like now and go 600 mgs every 40 min to 2400mgs. Always works. And although I think my stretches helped my sciatica more than gabapentin, it did help with some nerve pain at a single dose for like a week. Could just be me. It is an interesting drug with some concerning effects too. So I am glad I didn't go daily. But one night I had a transcending experience. Strange.

I think my stretches helped my sciatica more than gabapentin, it did help with some nerve pain at a single dose for like a week.

I got it for cluster headaches. By the time I saw the PA, my nightly attacks had already stopped, and I think she saw me as just some loon. I was clear to say I wasn't after opiates, that I'd used my aunt's entire dilaudid stash in one go and these headaches just laughed. I worry that a lot of docs see it as a mostly harmless mildly anti-anxiety med and give it to their "refractory" patients (aka fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, my aunt). I don't think it does shit for pain, and if those clusters come back, she'll hear about it (now that the Rx is in regular doc's refill list). It DID get rid of my occasional weird foot sensations at night. Or, they happened together.

Ha! I just felt this was a good post so I quoted.
Aw, thank you, current drug of abuse makes me wordy, but then the drugs get more and the words that I make they don't come together often as much to meet sense.

But one night I had a transcending experience. Strange
OK, that's a new thread, right?

So you Scrofula are one of the lucky tiny percentage that gets cluster headaches? I suffered from them from 1990-2005 and then they went away. But I remember wimpering and pain from the ice pic pain in the side of my head that would wake me up at 2:00AM and then again at 4:00AM. Every Spring and Fall for a 4 week cycle where that happened every other night. Opiates made it worse. Caffeine and aspirin. I hated taking caffeine in the middle of the night but that pain was bad. But I am one that grew out of them. I had heard that and it happened. I don't get them anymore. But I wonder if gabapentin would do anything to relieve. Those damn headaches attack so quick and then leave so quick before meds work.

I had one of those nights that I read about in the gabapentin thread where people compare to MDMA. I really had a peak experience one evening, but it could have been a lot of things, but gabapentin was part of that night.

I to think this drug is given to quickly. THe pharm made sure the doc refills them. I didn't even ask. Every month I get them and I don't use them that much.

Ok, first the headaches. I'd heard of them, didn't know their rep. Get migraines more often each year, but each less painful so its now just the light show, a little nausea. Then one night in an October came the first at about 8:43pm. Intense and focused, with pressure, behind my left eye. F'in sinus infection from nowhere. And then somehow it got worse. And it was mostly dull agony after just an hour.

Day 2, 8:43, on time; Day 3 mixed it up with a weird tickle around noon, goosed by Mengele's ghost, just a matinee for the evening show; this became a full double feature. And somewhere somehow on top of the philip's head torquing out my left retina there was this . . . kind of divine lightning rod, rail-gunned into my upper left temple, shooting filaments across my face and to my toes, followed by a charge that would completely drop me if I was still ambulatory. That came every minute.

I'd turn this into 10,000 words quick, so: but as I was looking up welding supplies for cheapest oxygen supplier and waiting for the PA to get triptans she would refuse, and not take credibly anyway, they just fuckin stopped. One single month of nightly incapacitation. Some kind of warning from the fourth-dimensional entities trying to save us. So I eat drugs and type on the internet. And wait.

Honestly, anyone can get through a few of those. It's knowing that they'll come tomorrow to the end of time that would have me take out my own eyeball and brain matter after another couple weeks. I'd be jello after fifteen years.

They stopped the same time the script came, but they weren't related, and I don't think gabapentin will do fuck-all for them, because things not of our world can't be fought with our technology. I think the PA knew they wouldn't, and gave me the latest "half-an-ativan before bed, dear". I'd used gabapentin more than once before, though, and really wanted a script; also, the headaches had stopped and I'd already determined no human doctor could help.

I think this class of meds shows there's at least a couple different important isoforms of this receptor, that tie into addiction and anxiety disorders. I think there's a whole lot more promise here and that benzos should be mostly given up. I think every sell-out rehab doc should have a mandatory reminder of its potential for treatment and superiority to benzos (it doesn't make us sleepy! just you proto-drunks) glued to their Audi TTs. Xack lost another thingx

What they should not do is treat the med like a vaguely relaxing placebo for made-up symptoms, and hand them out to every person who saw a thing on Netflix and now think they have chronic lyme disease. Of course, when my MediCal supports not paying my doctor to apparently even read my history before every appointment, resulting in three years of these things without even saying "headache" once to me (remember, the PA wrote the script), I will only rant to slightly intoxicated mostly-Australians online.

I also stay out of the gaba forums, since I won't take any grief about my lady, even if she won't put out.

Thanks for all the replys guys, I would do the stagger method but I'm to inpatient. Based on all the research I've done, things like snorting roa is pointless and either stagger your doses or all at once orally seems favorable. So that's what I'll do...I got really fucking high dosing like 6000mgs once or twice but I've taking 2400mgs a day for 2 months straight prescribed dosing mind you, so my tolerance is probably godly? Lol anyway I'll try a few thousand dosing at once and report back if not closed tonight. Thanks guys, appreciate it.

I haven't felt anything??? Any tips I've tried staggering and at once...in like 3000-4000mgs still nothing wtf?!

Lol I don't know how you guys can handle taking massive doses of gabapentin. 800mg strong enough for me anything above that makes me feel almost dysphoric and very uncomfortable

I haven't felt anything??? Any tips

I told you, she doesn't put out like that.
You will never get a rush with gabapentin.
You will never get a high like with opiates or meth or booze.

If you do more than about 1.5g at once, it's wasted, and I cry a little. You're just dosing the fucking toilet bowl.

If you don't "feel" anything after 4 hours at that 1.5g, it's just not a drug for you. It's not a drug for a lot of people.

Although I found it is actually a little synergistic with meth, anything else you have on board will mask it, esp. booze and benzos.

It could be because you're somehow missing the sensation, because you're expecting something like a pyschedelic or MDMA come-up or something. You won't notice till it's been going a while. The people around you might notice a change first.

It could be a biologic/conditioning reason, because this drug seems to work best in people who got really into their hooch, at least enough they put warnings on the commercials now, and all us addicts are just gonna fuck ourselves harder when they no longer prescribe it to the one group who could really use it, cause allah forbid, someone might get a pleasant sensation from it.

OR could be she just doesn't like some people. I told you, she's a fickle bitch.

I got high on it a few times back in the day but as far as recently I'm in a rehab facility, I was dosing 600 3x a day and 800 at night the past 90 days straight, so maybe my tolerance is up. But I've also been dosing extremely high random doses past 2 weeks now that I have control over my own meds. From doses all at once 3600-4500mgs etc to the stagger method 400-500mgs every 30mins, but whether I felt it or not pretty much all 24 hours through out day I've been raking Gaba recreationally....maybe tolerance?? I really wanna get a good high again I know I can cause I have before long time ago...so no tips?

Just eat them, were not talking about some worthy controlled substance with all these benefits and feel good attributes..gabapentin is low end..and the pills are huge

I have eaten 3-400mga at once... I don't feel it anymore... You talking all at once or what

Tolerance sure, but an added dose will still feel like an added dose. And 600 x3 over the day, you'd come down overnight, still feel the morning's dose.

Just face that you are one of the folks who doesn't respond to gabapentin.

Just eat them, were not talking about some worthy controlled substance with all these benefits and feel good attributes..gabapentin is low end..and the pills are huge

Are you calling my lady friend fat?

I like gabapentin, they are always good to have in handy for mixing, come downs, etc, or just for anxiety, But they are not worth experimenting other ROAs