Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Most Depressing Movies?

Blow makes me cry without fail at the end because I can relate to being separated from your child.

What really depresses me though is bad movies you think will be good. Mad Max Fury Road was one of the biggest disappointments of my life. I was going to go to the cinema to see that and I'm so glad I didn't.

Blow makes me cry without fail at the end because I can relate to being separated from your child.

What really depresses me though is bad movies you think will be good. Mad Max Fury Road was one of the biggest disappointments of my life. I was going to go to the cinema to see that and I'm so glad I didn't.
Mad max is terrible.

What is your beef with the Mad Max franchise? I thoroughly enjoyed Fury Road and all the others personally. Do you enjoy other post-apocalyptic films?

What is your beef with the Mad Max franchise? I thoroughly enjoyed Fury Road and all the others personally. Do you enjoy other post-apocalyptic films?

Nothing, I love Mad Max (the first one was filmed in Melbourne and across the bay from where I live). Two and three were pretty cool. That's why I was excited about Fury Road.. Charlize Theron and Tom Hardy? Can't go wrong! Well it was so over-the-top and cheesy.. There was no subtlety whatsoever. I can't prove it was bad but I did do Cinema Studies at university (got a High Distinction).

Yeah, I like Terminator 1 and (moreso) 2, Matrix 1, and the best of all, Bladerunner (the original).

Well it was so over-the-top and cheesy.. There was no subtlety whatsoever.
Were the first few films not nearly as over the top? At the very least The Road Warrior and Beyond the Thunderdome, they were silly compared to Fury Road, B films in comparison. But that’s just my opinion. I only mentioned it because I’ve seen you rant against the Mad Max franchise before lol

Yeah, I like Terminator 1 and (moreso) 2, Matrix 1, and the best of all, Bladerunner (the original).
Yeah those are all good films indeed. I don’t consider them so much post-apocalyptic as I do just darker sci-fi. When I think post-apocalyptic I think A Boy and His Dog or The Book of Eli or The Omega Man/I Am Legend I guess. It’s probably my favorite sub-genre of film, I mean I even enjoy that crappy Kevin Costner stuff like Waterworld and The Postman 🙄

I only mentioned it because I’ve seen you rant against the Mad Max franchise before lol

No you haven't :) I post the video of the Interceptor in the original because I love it. Maybe those others were over the top but I'd forgotten and built up expectations of something completely different.

But it was that flame-throwing guitar player.. Furiosa with one arm missing.. And those girls -- that was like some unnecessary token feminist bs.. Then a whole bunch of CGI.. I was very upset!

Poor old Kevin Costner in Waterworld lol.

This video is the essence of Mad Max. That road is sooo Australian..

The Platform watching now seems to be something you wouldn't want happening to you lol but it's comedy at the same time a tragic black comedy it's a brutally depressing film but doesn't leave you feeling more depressed for watching.

The Experiment with Adrian Brody also wasn't the type of story that if it happened to you would be a day to be happy about life

Nightcrawler with Gyllenhaal. A Place Beyond the Pines with the Gos

Man why do I like such twisted stuff I mean to be more normal Titanic was classically depressing without any dementedness saw it as an adolescent would not rewatch in middle age

Sucker Punch (just watched couchlocked like a zombie but man was that sad makes me think of other movies I think that's enough from me)

Last edited:
Bad lieutenant is up there to
I watched this recently and was going to say this.

In a way, it's a character study like Taxi Driver but without any of the redeeming qualities. I almost turned it off at times (specifically thinking of the scene where he pulls over the two girls).

What was the point of it all? Tough watch. Saw it as a double feature with King of New York, from the same director.

I watched this recently and was going to say this.

In a way, it's a character study like Taxi Driver but without any of the redeeming qualities. I almost turned it off at times (specifically thinking of the scene where he pulls over the two girls).

What was the point of it all? Tough watch. Saw it as a double feature with King of New York, from the same director.

It's actually one of my fav movies. I really liked it because he is a person completely devoid of any redeeming qualities at all. He simply lives to get wasted on smack crack or booze. It's a movie where there is no redemption at all it is very nihilistic

It's actually one of my fav movies. I really liked it because he is a person completely devoid of any redeeming qualities at all. He simply lives to get wasted on smack crack or booze. It's a movie where there is no redemption at all it is very nihilistic
I kept watching hoping the ending would take me somewhere but nothing. Keitel nailed the part but everything else was lacking.

Scorsese said it was one of his top 5 movies of the 90s so what do I know.

I kept watching hoping the ending would take me somewhere but nothing. Keitel nailed the part but everything else was lacking.

Scorsese said it was one of his top 5 movies of the 90s so what do I know.

I loved the ending. Noone but Keitel could have played that part so well

Would love feedback on this...

not seen it but peter mullan is usually great.

it looks somewhat similar to this other movie, also with peter mullan:

alasdair