Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Most anticipated movies to come ?

Wolf of Wall Street - Scorcese & Di Caprio
Inherent Vice - P.T Anderson & Downey Jnr

Looking forward to both..........

Inherent Vice still being fucked around with, but stoked Scorcese got his shit together and sorted this one out. Already in production, I got high hopes for this one :)

The trailer for World War Z looked bad
Oblivion doesn't look bad
Pacific Rim looks goofy
Zero Dark Thirty maybe?

zero dark thirty is reported to be amazing. i was skeptical about the film when they halted production and changed the story to accomodate osama's death.

i am looking forward to it, along with:
life of pi (out here next week)
les miserables (out already but haven't seen it)
django unchained
gravity
man of steel
the wolverine
hobbit 2

there are probably others but i can't think of them

Last edited:
I wonder how similar Zero Thirty & Gray State will be.

Trailer for life of pi looked spectacular, also keen to les mis & man of steel.
The hobbit goes without saying =D

I personally am just dying to see Star Trek: Into Darkness. I really couldn't have loved the first reboot any more.

^but all it was was a collection of star trek cliches (disposable red shirt, green chick sex, etc) mixed with current era young action hero cliches (rebel without a cause, reluctant hero, the sexy outsider) and a crappy villain (no fault to eric bana, he was working with rubbish. ohhhh those romulans have neotribal tattoos, they must be so bad).

everything i have seen of into darkness smacks of the exact same formula. sorry, abrams isn't getting any of my money on this one.

^but all it was was a collection of star trek cliches (disposable red shirt, green chick sex, etc) mixed with current era young action hero cliches (rebel without a cause, reluctant hero, the sexy outsider) and a crappy villain (no fault to eric bana, he was working with rubbish. ohhhh those romulans have neotribal tattoos, they must be so bad).

everything i have seen of into darkness smacks of the exact same formula. sorry, abrams isn't getting any of my money on this one.

I see what you're saying, and I sort of agree with you on a few points, but I just can't wait for it to come out, I'm dying to see ANY trek to be honest, but I have to admit I really enjoyed the 2009 version, it's nice to see a Trek movie with some proper cash thrown at it for once. And I can't wait to see who Benedict Cumberbatch is playing.

Plus we've also got Die Hard 5 (not got high hopes as I thought 4 was tripe), Iron Man 3 etc

the sets were really nice, i admit. i really dug the reverse bridge angle they used too.

anyways, another 2013 film which could either be really good or extremely bad: the evil dead remake promises to be the most scary movie of all time.

anyways, another 2013 film which could either be really good or extremely bad: the evil dead remake promises to be the most scary movie of all time.

I dunno. I saw Evil Dead for the first time last year (2012) and I felt it was overwhelmingly 'meh'. It's one of those films that, at the time, I'm sure was very unique and interesting, but doesn't hold up over the years. You can tell that Raimi put a lot of love into it and that the cast (especially Bruce Campbell) was having a great time, but aside from the "fun factor" I didn't really take much away from the experience.

Considering the director of the re-make, Fede Alvarez, doesn't have any feature-length directorial credits (not that it's necessarily a deal-breaker, just an indicator of one), I won't be holding my breath.

The only movies I'm looking forward to this year are "Tyler Perry's We The Peeples" and "Tyler Perry's Temptation". They should both be quality films.

^ Are you telling me that Australia DOESN'T get three or four Tyler Perry films each year?

You guys really are upside-down.

we're like a whole country amish village, old english.

^ Are you telling me that Australia DOESN'T get three or four Tyler Perry films each year?

You guys really are upside-down.

btw, i imdb'd the name when you posted this and still couldn't figure out who you were talking about. :p

^
madea.jpg