• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine Mega Thread & FAQ'S

Yes, micron filters will filter out all particulate matter larger than 0.2um.

I wanted to point out a couple of things about one pill filler. Silicon dioxide(SiO2) AKA Silica). SiO2 is chemically inert but it is also insoluble. Why? Because SiO2 in pills is merely micro fine quartz dust. It will be transparent in water or any solvent but is a suspension of nano sized particles.
It is only soluble in hydrofluoric acid. You definitely do not want to mess around with this acid. Remember the scene in "Breaking Bad" where Jesse tried to dissolve a body in his bath tub and the acid devoured the tub? He used hydrofluoric acid and didn't use the right kind of plastic containers Walt told him to buy.
These qualities make it a good filler for pills designed to be ingested orally but the SiO2 will eventually be deposited in the capillaries. Especially in the lungs and brain so IV any extraction is a very poor idea.
Basically all the extraction methods I have seen described here can not eliminate the SiO2.

Another technicality. Many seem to think the route of ingestion makes a difference as to whether or not the drug will go through the liver or not. No matter how it gets into your blood stream the drug will pass through the liver equally. The gastrointestinal acid, a weak hydrochloric acid, that is the primary chemical which breaks down enough of the morphine sulfate to lesser bioavailabilty than rear end or IV methods but again, regardless of the route of ingestion the liver will be the primary processor of the morphine. Just that oral ingestion will diminish the effective dose compared to IV or rectal and extend the duration of it's effects.

I've tried the rectal method using 2 X 100 mg tabs of pulverized MS Contin. My subjective effects were no different from when I take it orally. I do crush my pills in a commercial pill crusher but not down to powder. I just break it down into smaller chunks. I want the gel timed release protection to help it survive the stomach but still slightly increase the onset of felt effects.

Last edited:
I finally tried plugging about 100 mg out of 400 mg of MS Contin which was allowed to sit in the refrigerator for a week.
Not much difference than a slightly crushed tab taken orally.
Yesterday I tried the rest, 300 mg, plugged.
Only slightly stronger and onset was also only slightly faster.
Lasted about as long as same doses taken orally.
So my conclusion is that it's a waste of time.
I find I get best results by using a pill crusher to fracture the tab into a dozen large fragments and some smaller particle than if I pulverize and take that orally.
When pulverized it is apparently subject to more damage by digestive juices. Its a surface area thing. But fracturing the tab allows it to survive passage through the stomach better and speeds onset. This is essentially the same effect and same speed of onset as plugging so why bother? At least that is my conclusion. I think after going over a month taking half my daily Rx 200 mg should have made it easier for me to feel 300 mg plugged. But it really wasn't a big enough improvement to bother with.

That's too bad that it didn't work out for you. Plugging is not the best ROA for everyone but most people get much better results when dosed rectally. I personally experience extremely rapid onset and the intensity/analgesia is significantly higher than oral dosing.

I bother because:
1) instant onset
2) longer duration
3) more pain killing action / analgesia
4) less side effects
5) better overall experience

However, some people get better effects from oral dosing, everyone's body is different, and the science backing up the rectal ROA is variable, including the rectal BA which goes from about 30% (so around the same of oral) up to like 70%, in which case obviously if you fall into this category, the rectal ROA is a very viable and good option.

I think you get closer to the 70% if you add around 100mg of baking soda to your morphine concoction to alkalize it...

edit: when dosing rectally that is...

Last edited:
Nothing like a colon full of MSContin and baking soda. I have crushed and eaten 100-200mg MSContin orally on numerous occasions but never got much off of them. Had all of the side effects of a strong opiate (itching, constricted pupils, etc.) with very little euphoria. If a 70% bioavailability can be achieved rectally though I would definitely be interested if I run across some more any time soon.

I think you get closer to the 70% if you add around 100mg of baking soda to your morphine concoction to alkalize it...

edit: when dosing rectally that is...

This is correct, which is why I recommend plugging morphine at a pH of 8.

Excellent information! Thank you very, very much for posting this! I really appreciate the info on finding veins and how to use the needle. I've been using needles for various substances for over a decade, but I've never told anyone I do it. Consequently, I really don't know how to do it and I miss A LOT! This will help me with my new prescription of morphine sulfate IR tablets. Many thanks!
L.

Hello all! Last month my doc gave me morphine sulfate IR and I safely Injected many of them thanks to the info here. This month he gave me morphine sulfate ER. Can someone tell me the difference between IR and ER when it comes to injecting? Will the extended release gel up? Thank you in advance!

So they gel right up. What can I do to safely IV?

Last edited:
I've heard it's best to only use pure saline as this will keep the new er pills from gelling and to never heat option pills, is this good info/advise?

A quick question about oral Morphine.

SWIM is used to taking about 40mg-50mg of Oxy orally (IR) about three times per week and SWIM feels it at this dose.

SWIM has 20mg Morphine IR's and is wondering what dose is good to get over the cross-tolerance and feel something from it?

SWIM remembers taking 10mg Morphine IR several years ago and got quite buzzed off that with a decent rush (at that time SWIM's Oxy dose was about 7.5mg-10mg as well).

SWIM just took 3 X 20mg Morphine IR at the same time on the weekend after taking Oxy in for the two days prior to this and SWIM did not really feel much except some sedation (no real rush or buzz).

So what is a good dose for SWIM and his/her Morphine IR? 100mg? 120mg?

Thanks.

Last edited:
^ i'd simply bump your dose up 20mg every 45-60mins from where you left off last time until you reach your point of satisfaction.

I've heard it's best to only use pure saline as this will keep the new er pills from gelling and to never heat option pills, is this good info/advise?

any type of water is going to kick start the gelling that the majority of morphine pills are notorious fore. saline, distilled, bacteriostatic, whatever water will cause gelling.

I get pretty nauseous every time I take morphine, even on lower dosages, probably my paper stomach and because I take it so rarely.

I want to take 20mg of morphine IR for pain coupled with doxylamine-succinate against the nausea, does anyone know what kind of dosage I'd need in order to not throw up?
The regular dosage of diphenhydramine would help me out as well considering I can calculate what kind of a dose I'd need based on the potency.

I'd also like to know whether or not I should take them both at once or take the doxylamine and wait for it to kick in because I can pretty much feel the morphine working after about 10 minutes whereas the doxylamine would take a while longer to kick in fully, and I really don't want to throw up/itch myself to death today.

Thanks in advance.

I am used to 2 X 100 mg MS Contin every 12 hours. I believe that 80 mg of Oxycontin is about equal to 100 mg MS Contin per intended medical analgesic effects.
IMO, the subjective recreational effects are different. I prefer Oxycontin for recreation.
In the USA, the FDA forced Oxycontin to be bound together so it now is more resistant to off label usage so that it now behaves more like MS Contin, ie gelling tendency.
High dosage, instant release forms of both are restricted to 20 mg tabs or less if memory serves.

my main question about heroin is..is there an easy way to test if you what you have IN FACT IS HEROIN? like with no test labs or anything...Im assuming that testing the purity of it requires some sort of lab technique but what about if you just wannna u if u have a ligitimate heroin?
Ime not sure of the name offhand, but there are a few chemical reagants that by dropping a bit on a touch of powder will go a certain color if its H!! The darker the color, the stronger the H!!

Hi everyone,

I'd like to know if 20mg of Kapanol crushed and swallowed is anywhere near 10mg liquid IV as they have at hospital ect? I really like the IV or IM I've had before and now have some Kapanol 20mg and 10mg capsules and I'd like to safely replicate the nice euphoria I get from the IM/IV morphine. What will 20mg Kapanol crushed be equivalent to??

Usually the oral dose is like 3 times that of the IV dose..so I'd say take like 30 mg's to replicate 10 IV...Though you never will truly be able to replicate how great morphine is via IV