• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine ER 60 mg Zydus Pharma any experiences or info on these?

buttershots21

Bluelighter
So I've seen these pills and I would like to hear from anyone who has any info on these. They are like no ER formulation I've ever come accross. They crush right up, no gelling, no clumping, they act just like most instant release formulas would. In 10 years this is the first time I've come across these. Are they really new? A really old formula from before they started adding wax and gelling agents and plastic matrixes to all the ER formulas? How do they compare to other ER formulas? Did I mess with the ER mechanism when I crushed them? Any and all info would be appreciated. Thanks!

So I've seen these pills and I would like to hear from anyone who has any info on these. They are like no ER formulation I've ever come accross. They crush right up, no gelling, no clumping, they act just like most instant release formulas would. In 10 years this is the first time I've come across these. Are they really new? A really old formula from before they started adding wax and gelling agents and plastic matrixes to all the ER formulas? How do they compare to other ER formulas? Did I mess with the ER mechanism when I crushed them? Any and all info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Well just as an update. I tried them yesterday after not having any pain meds in a few days and let me tell you, I love these by far better than any other ER formula I've tried. They crush up beautifully and it seems they kicked in faster and stronger than any other, except maybe ground up Kadians, but it's been so long since I've had a K that I can't honestly compare. I just crushed and swallowed them. Yet the ER effect must still be left somewhat intact because after the first hour or two the "feelings" leveled off and stayed consistant for another 12 hours and that dose held me for a solid 24 hours. By that I mean I felt no need to redose, my pain was under a 2, and when I woke up my pain which is usually sky high first thing in the morning was bearable. Today when I took them (120 mg both times) the initial come up wasn't quite as intense, due to tolerance I'm sure, as I'm taking doses at a quarter to half of what I used to take, tolerance memory kicks in fast. It still kicked in quite nicely, and these have the long duration that I look for. I took them at 3pm, and it is 10pm now and I'm still pleasantly itchy, feeling slightly warm and fuzzy but most important, my pain is under control.

If anyone has any experience with these particular tablets, please share your thoughts. Tomorrow I'm thinking about adding some potentiators to them to see how they interact and adding some water to the powder to see if they clump or gell. So far I would compare them powdering up to Dilaudid. That easy. So strange for an ER formula pill to be so easily manipulated. I'm truly curious to know what in these makes them extended release. They don't even have a noticable coating.

Oh, and one more question: I never bother trying to snort other ER pills due to the wax and gelling. I've also read that the bioavalability of morphine is lower that way compared to just taking it orally. Does anyone think snorting these would be worth it? I don't want to waste them, so correct me if I'm wrong, but it will all end up in my stomach anyways, so would I truly be wasting any of it by snorting if it ends up being taken orally anyways?

I get the 200mg (Big wafers) idk what the 60's are like but these do crush up very nicely. i do get a fast kick when snorting them but even if it is not a gelling agent they absolutely clog up your nostrils really bad unlike the roxi's i like so much that way. I have not tried Parachuting them, but feel that would prob be the best way to take them - I hadn't thought of doing these That way in a long time and will def try.

I've read many differing opinions on the bioavailability of taking ms orally, rectally, intravenously, and insufflating. While I've not had any luck when attempting the intravenous route (from what I've read it appears to be a huge pain is the arse anyway, just as the manufacturers intended) and almost every attempt at going in the back door leaves me with a mess to clean up and little pleasure to be had, insufflating most brands of mscontin seems to work much better for me...EXCEPT for these. They are larger in size than other brands, and as such they inevitably lead to a clogged nasal cavity. For these in particular, I would suggest you stick to crushing them and taking the orally. While insufflation allows the blood vessels in your nasal cavity to absorb it quicker, the actual size of these means that there's quite a bit more to get up there in the first place. As for the other two methods, I've not tried it with these. Good luck either way and please enjoy as responsibly as you can

^ actually they did an extensive study at a university-more like an experiment, I suppose- and under the right conditions, nearly 100% of the morphine in mscontin(genetic IIRC, not sure which, though it was one had used myself before, and can verify that although some are harder than others, they all work, though you need a 3ml syringe, as morphine has a low water solubility compared to the other hard hitters, and even with a 5ml syringe, a quarter gram is about all you could put, as the binders lower solubility a bit

3ml syringes work fine, although because of tolerance would often do back to back shots, and really with 15ng er?s, it is a lot of trouble

Don?t know about the brand in particular, however can tell you how to extract it efficiently, if it is anything like other brands that tried in the past

However this is not at all good on your veins, and long term, probably not at all safe- though if you are determined, and it isn?t like Opana Er, or the dreaded OP?s, you may as well do it right- however with an insulin syringe you are probably just wasting your time- if you have a modest tolerance than back-back shots. Will work, although you would also need good technique

Unfortunately there isn?t much of an alternative with morphine, however chronic oral morphine is 1.5-2x as potent as a single dose(at least for analgesia) and BA% is also partially dose dependent, and can actually reach 50% with high doses- would need to check at which doses a significant BA% increase is achieved, and you?re tolerance to make sure it is safe, however this is actually a little known, yet quite effective and much safer option-Oxycodone BA% is around 50% or maybe just a tad higher on average, so if oxy oral satisfies, then no reason this would not

Please don?t snort mscontin, even regular formulations are not very effective- and you are right, data on plugging is at best, conflicting, although because of daily poor lipid solubility and modest water solubility, the only advantage would be skipping first pass; however absorption is so poor it does not seem to make much of a difference and you can increase morphine BA% by mouth- though by all means, if plugging morphine works, then you should probably stick with what works for you