View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Morning Glory Seeds

TheUrbanShaman

Greenlighter
So im relatively new to psychedelics and want to try morning glory seeds. I tried hawaiian baby woodrose seeds once and even though people say they dont really get visuals off of them I did and they were very prominent and the whole trip lasted around 13 hours more or less. And that was only from 4 seeds from which I presume where very potent. Anyway ive read a lot on morning glories and from what Ive read so far they produce more visuals and are more like acid which is what im going for since acid is sparse in my area and I wanted to know what others have experienced on it. Im also curious to see if there are any good combos since I have access to cannabis and nitrous oxide. Your feedback is greatly appreciated! :)

IME, HBWR has MG beat all to Hell.
The first time I tried MG I ate around 500 seeds frapped in a blender to powder and it was meh.
Then I did the same thing with40 HBWR seeds and tripped harder off of those than anything else I've EVER done and I've done some fairly large doses of several different psychedelics, and HBWR beat them ALL...By a mile!

IME, HBWR has MG beat all to Hell.
The first time I tried MG I ate around 500 seeds frapped in a blender to powder and it was meh.

Au contraire, morning glory seeds will do the trick. I don't necessarily recommend this, because some people complain of the vasoconstriction, and the alkaloid content in the seeds varies unpredictably due to natural circumstances, but I had success with dosages between 1000-1500 morning gory seeds. That's a lot of seed matter to consume, so it may be that HBWR is the more efficient way to go. But I can say that morning glory is effective at such dosages.

I don't really do it anymore because at those dosages I would trip for up to 24 hours and the come-up was almost unbearably slow (2-3 hours of nausea for me). I haven't had that kind of time on my hands in several years, though if I did again at some point I would be down to re-explore morning glory. I also once made the mistake of taking 1500 seeds on a Sunday and had to go into work the next morning still tripping.

The visuals were not exactly like acid in my experience, but very strong and euphoric. Once the nausea passes, the visuals explode into a kind of pulsing blue-purple flowery arabesque patterns flowing down overlaid on my field of vision like Matrix code. On one occasion my entire field of vision became enclosed in a rectangular frame and started pulsing to the music that was playing, and so on, and so on. As I come upon 5-8 hours of tripping, the visuals become more of a warping of surfaces, like Dali's clock in "the persistence of memory," walls dripping down like wet paint. Audio enhancement is quite spectacular; I have recorded in my notes the sensation that "I'm sitting inside the music, and I cannot even remember what artist it is, each song lasts an eternity, unless I focus on the mundane I cannot even remember that there is music playing, it just seems like part of the environment like the sound has replaced the walls around me" and so on and so forth. Apparently gives a good warping of time-consciousness as well!

Mixes well with cannabis for me, but I mix literally everything with cannabis so that's not such an informed opinion probably. Can't say about the nitrous. As always, plan your combos ahead of time and take low doses. One or two hits of cannabis is usually plenty to kick things up a notch, even for the seasoned smoker.

N2o will give you stained glass visuals while in the midst of HBW or mg seeds.

Au contraire, morning glory seeds will do the trick. I don't necessarily recommend this, because some people complain of the vasoconstriction, and the alkaloid content in the seeds varies unpredictably due to natural circumstances, but I had success with dosages between 1000-1500 morning gory seeds. That's a lot of seed matter to consume, so it may be that HBWR is the more efficient way to go. But I can say that morning glory is effective at such dosages.

I don't really do it anymore because at those dosages I would trip for up to 24 hours and the come-up was almost unbearably slow (2-3 hours of nausea for me). I haven't had that kind of time on my hands in several years, though if I did again at some point I would be down to re-explore morning glory. I also once made the mistake of taking 1500 seeds on a Sunday and had to go into work the next morning still tripping.

The visuals were not exactly like acid in my experience, but very strong and euphoric. Once the nausea passes, the visuals explode into a kind of pulsing blue-purple flowery arabesque patterns flowing down overlaid on my field of vision like Matrix code. On one occasion my entire field of vision became enclosed in a rectangular frame and started pulsing to the music that was playing, and so on, and so on. As I come upon 5-8 hours of tripping, the visuals become more of a warping of surfaces, like Dali's clock in "the persistence of memory," walls dripping down like wet paint. Audio enhancement is quite spectacular; I have recorded in my notes the sensation that "I'm sitting inside the music, and I cannot even remember what artist it is, each song lasts an eternity, unless I focus on the mundane I cannot even remember that there is music playing, it just seems like part of the environment like the sound has replaced the walls around me" and so on and so forth. Apparently gives a good warping of time-consciousness as well!

Mixes well with cannabis for me, but I mix literally everything with cannabis so that's not such an informed opinion probably. Can't say about the nitrous. As always, plan your combos ahead of time and take low doses. One or two hits of cannabis is usually plenty to kick things up a notch, even for the seasoned smoker.
Are the effects different between the two? On HBWR the grain in the wood floors warped out and danced around and I saw blobs of color. It was a little euphoric but mostly a weird head buzz for me and music sounded intensely amazing. The reason I wanna try morning glory is because Ive heard they're more visual which is what im going for. I dont mind eating more seeds and nausea never put me off as Ive only ever vomited once on lsa and it was 13 hours after I had ingested it.

I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced anything like this on any psychedelic. Ok so long story very short my friend and I took a large dose of around 800 mg seed. Durring the peak of this trip my friend and I( ik this sounds crazy) LITERALLY felt our two individual consciousness merge INTO ONE CONSCIOUS we spent hours having full blown deep conversations WITHOUT WORDS. We did all sorts of various test to debunk this and we couldn't after a while it kinda got irritating because we couldn't conversate because there was no point. I would Literally(i can't stress this enough!!) think his thoughts while he thought mine but we still had our own thoughts too but they weren't his thoughts or my thoughts they were our thoughts because we were 1 person mentally. I could actually see his thought process as he saw mine it was like I was the left and he was the right side of the brain. On top of all this I was completely visually and physically disconnected from reality I felt as if WE were just ONE single essence floating in infinity bodyless, we tripped nuts for 3 days straight and very sloowwly we felt our conciousness slowly split back into our own two individual minds and finely we couldn't think each others thoughts we could finely have our own seperrate thoughts and VERBALLY comunicate them again. This doesn't even come close to describing two minutes of our experience as I was trying to keep it short, I would like to do a full trip report on this. Please someone tell me they have experienced something like this to because I know we aren't crazy.

^ Morning Glory seeds are pretty powerful for the right people. I have used many times up to 700 seeds, if I remember correctly and have experienced heavy effects. Nothing ever got out of hand. It was more like leave me alone and let me concentrate on these effects. I have tripped pretty good on seeds. Unfortunately, I have not used HBW seeds. I'm betting the alkaloid content is different in some way, even slightly. It definitely felt like a less intense acid trip. In some ways I would actually prefer it to acid, depending on my mood. Now I'm in the mood to do it again. Thanks for the post op.

I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced anything like this on any psychedelic. Ok so long story very short my friend and I took a large dose of around 800 mg seed. Durring the peak of this trip my friend and I( ik this sounds crazy) LITERALLY felt our two individual consciousness merge INTO ONE CONSCIOUS we spent hours having full blown deep conversations WITHOUT WORDS. We did all sorts of various test to debunk this and we couldn't after a while it kinda got irritating because we couldn't conversate because there was no point. I would Literally(i can't stress this enough!!) think his thoughts while he thought mine but we still had our own thoughts too but they weren't his thoughts or my thoughts they were our thoughts because we were 1 person mentally. I could actually see his thought process as he saw mine it was like I was the left and he was the right side of the brain. On top of all this I was completely visually and physically disconnected from reality I felt as if WE were just ONE single essence floating in infinity bodyless, we tripped nuts for 3 days straight and very sloowwly we felt our conciousness slowly split back into our own two individual minds and finely we couldn't think each others thoughts we could finely have our own seperrate thoughts and VERBALLY comunicate them again. This doesn't even come close to describing two minutes of our experience as I was trying to keep it short, I would like to do a full trip report on this. Please someone tell me they have experienced something like this to because I know we aren't crazy.

My friend had an experience like that on a few hits of good acid. I think ill give morning glories a go after reading that. Id love to read a trip report btw, it sounds like an amazing experience you had :) Did you smoke any pot at all during your trip btw?

Durring the come up and. A little bit before the peak. But after that we were so messed up weed was the last thing on our minds lol

I've told the HBWR story many times and to this day I can't seem to rectify/debunk some of the revelations I had that night. I will go to my grave knowing that there are multiple realities out there and we are "prodding" ourselves along the "path"...sound weird? It IS weird, but true.
We send ourselves down "here" for whatever reason and sit and watch. Like a kid with an ant farm.
Only we are our own ants...call me crazy, everybody else does.

I also experienced visuals on HBWR seeds. I thought the experience was enjoyable. I haven't consumed morning glories yet. Occasionally manufacturers spray them with denaturing substances. If you consume morning glories you should rinse off the shell.