View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Morning Glories for my psychedelic garden

HeadphonesandLSD

Bluelighter
Does anyone here grow these? I'm thinking about planting some in my yard and I was wondering how the effects of them will compare to doing store bought seeds. I have only one bad experience with LSA/morning glory seeds from my youth that I don't really recall much of aside from nausea. I'm planting these just because I think they look nice but if I can get a nice experience out of them all the better. People seem split between loving and hating LSA but most of the reports I've read are from people that bought the seeds instead of harvesting them.

Any other plants you'd recommend for my psychedelic garden? I want to plant a lot of things in my yard that can be used for tripping or just medical needs. I'm already planning on planting some poppy and maybe a cactus.

I recommend eating the morning glory seeds when they're fully ripe but still green and vegetal. They're much gentler on the stomach

I had some of those growing indoors last year and noticed you can chew the leaves with baking soda (like you would use coca leaves) and get some psychedelic effects that way, too. It did initially cause some cold sweats and other side effects, probably because the alkaloid content isn't exactly the same as in the seed.

I had some of those growing indoors last year and noticed you can chew the leaves with baking soda (like you would use coca leaves) and get some psychedelic effects that way, too. It did initially cause some cold sweats and other side effects, probably because the alkaloid content isn't exactly the same as in the seed.

Were you able to get them to seed indoors? I’ve been thinking about growing some myself this year too but live somewhere really dry and wonder if potted indoors would be a better idea.

To OP, you could grow a Phalaris species. I just planted Phalaris brachystachys a few days ago.

San Pedro and related Mescaline containing cacti are others. I’ve had San Pedro for years and they are really easy.

-GC

They didn't produce flowers or seeds when I grew them indoors. It's possible that I just didn't wait long enough, or my artificial lighting didn't have enough power.

Growing them on purpose will yield great quantities (outdoor, these taproots go down up to 40 feet).
Fresh, as @Pfafffed says, are nothing like store-bought seeds. Way nicer, gentler on the tummy, visual.

I love MG and am lucky because it is everywhere around me. It‘s considered a noxious weed, because of its pervasive nature, deep roots. Planting them in your yard will likely lead to them popping up in other adjacent yards in a couple years!
My fav are the heavenly blues or the flying saucers.

Orher things in my garden are P. Cyanescens - they just volunteer, though they love growing among the herb garden.
Depending on your region, possibly look at HBWR bush. More LSA and less seeds needed.

Be aware that it is an incredibly hardy plant, a friend planted one up against their chain link fence about 10 years ago, and in a few years it had spread across the whole entire fence. It produces so many seeds. It's pretty impossible to get rid of and it will overtake other things.

HBWR produce a far inferior trip in my experience, but not everyone feels that way.

My vote is pick them when they're fully ripe, but the seeds have not yet turned black and hard. Then you can either chew them and eat them or blend them into a grassy smoothie in some cold, distilled water. You could filter it, too. They're always going to be hard on the guts, but I suspect that one reason extracts are kinder is that the chemicals are readily absorbed high in the GI tract, while more cramp-inducing lysergamides make it through to the lower GI tract in the hard seeds. There are plenty of serotonin receptors there for the to wreak havoc on.

I've successfully grown the "Heavenly Blue' variety from seed in my back garden in the UK and once established they grow like fuck. The trick is to keep the slugs off them when they're young. You also need a suitable mesh for them to climb. Unfortunately, mine never came to fruition because the mrs destroyed them in a fit of rag rage...

Passionflowers are easy, pretty af and medical. Ephedra will probably survive the winter there as well if morning glories will.

Growing my own Morning Glories was one of the most rewarding things I did. Harvest the seeds just before they harden, like in October in the norther hemisphere. The year I did that I ate a handful of soft, tastless seeds and tripped way hard. Like jungle scenes in a dark room. Visuals were amazing. Fresh seeds are totally different than ones sitting aound for months. I do not feel any vasoconstriction or any discomfort. It was smooth on the stomach too.

I always say I have to do that again. But they are hardy. They grew up the side of my house to the top and over. Made a lor of vines that were hard to remove. But the goodness that comes from it should be experienced.

A very closely related plant, Convolvulus arvensis or field bindweed grows around where I live. That stuff is very much a weed, even dropping a small cutting on the dirt can cause a plant to sprout.

It ain't psychedelic though :(

Heimia salicifolia is damn hardy btw, can easily survive zone 7-8 in a zinc trashcan converted to planter left outside, 9 years and counting. Don't know if a dreamherb is really considered psychedelic though, maybe medicinal. Calea zacatechichi is another one of those, but less hardy, smells nicer as well.

Maybe leonotis or leonurus, uhm, st. johns worth. What about a mimosa or psychotria, beats canary grass, forget the datura's and brugmansia's and lettuce opium. Khat or kratom. Definitely poppies. Or calamus or valerian if you've got a particularly wet shitty draining spot in your garden.

Ginseng, ashwaganda, maca, maralroot. Any one of the piper family is pretty interesting.

I've tried synsepalum dulcificum three times now, only one guy sent me fresh seeds (rip kadasgarden), those nearly all sprouted, bar one or two. I killed them all though. Never buy from ebay, amazon, whatever, you will lose your money on dried up garbage. Preferably get a live plant if you can, it's worth it for novelty purposes. Similar with any coca seeds, make sure you buy them as fresh as possible.

Cacti are easy for the windowsill, trichs maybe a bit easier than the peyotes (from seed anyways). Couple of other succulents too, like ice plants or sceletium. I tried pleiospilos bolusii once, make sure you start them in the container they will end up in, they're impossible to repot without dying. Repotting a cactus is literal torture if you don't use gloves btw.

I can't think of anything else atm, lol.

Salvia.

Heimia salicifolia is damn hardy btw, can easily survive zone 7-8 in a zinc trashcan converted to planter left outside, 9 years and counting. Don't know if a dreamherb is really considered psychedelic though, maybe medicinal.

Heimia salicifolia is also known as Sinicuichi. There are a a lot of reports of consuming the tea producing a drop in pitch in sounds, accompanied by absolutely horrific full-body muscle pain and weakness. Never heard of it used as a dream herb, some reports say it causes a yellowing of the vision and a euphoric, somewhat entheogenic state. Personally, I tried it and got the pitch shift and pain... oh god, the pain. It was horrible and lasted for about a day. I wasn't even able to walk to the bathroom, I had to painfully crawl. It even hurt to move my eyeballs, and every deep breath hurt my chest muscles so I was breathing shallowly as much as possible.

My theory about the differences in effects is that the traditional preparation involved making a tea and letting it ferment in the sun for a day or two, I can't remember how long exactly. For myself and all the reports I've read with the pain effect, a tea was made and then drunk without fermenting.

My experiences with Heimia salicifolia got me nowhere. Zero effects. It also tasted quite unpleasant.

Calea zacatechichi may be the bitterest thing I have ever attempted to consume. Worse than burdock, worse than gentian, worse than bitter melon, worse than Malort. For me, it was damn near undrinkable. And it had no effect.

I've never even taken them myself, I just grow them. I might have have them mixed up with tagetes lucida, mexican tarragon. Hey they both have little yellow flowers, easy mistake, lol.

And I'm now also realizing that I'm mixing up calea with another dreamherb, I need to go through my seeds to find out for sure, but what's that little daisy looking plant with the white flower which has a vanillaish scent? Was it even a dreamherb? I'm gonna google.

edit: Oh right, silene capensis, also didn't take it, smells and looks nice though. Also see heimia salicifolia still listed on several sites as dreamherb btw, so I'm not misremembering, supposedly aids in lucid dreaming.

Sounds like my experience with lactuca extracts, it just made me sick, felt like I had instant pneumonia after trying to smoke some.

Last edited:
My experiences with Heimia salicifolia got me nowhere. Zero effects. It also tasted quite unpleasant.

Calea zacatechichi may be the bitterest thing I have ever attempted to consume. Worse than burdock, worse than gentian, worse than bitter melon, worse than Malort. For me, it was damn near undrinkable. And it had no effect.

Oh man, calea, I will never forget how bitter that plant is, it's truly next level.

I third that motion, Calea was nigh unconsumable. Even smoking it.

I never tried plugging it though, that's my go-to solution for nasty tasting stuff.