EMD Moog Enthusiasts, aka The Moog Appreciation Thread

Mysterier

Administrator
Staff member
I discovered Mort Garson's Plantasia a few years ago and instantly fell in love. He was a pioneer of electronic music and one of the first to feature the Moog synthesizer as he met Robert Moog while writing The Zodiac: Cosmic Sounds.

ihdYKvHhEioF15SgjrrFVcXbp5AijPaSWpipTujmM3m_utNaPbfxPRs4X3KWPNK2yEHHLi1G7ASwinKD

I believe he's among the most interesting musicians and seems to fly under the radar still.

A great tribute to him:

This ultimately led to discoveries of Jean-Jacques Perrey, Gershon Kingsley, and revisiting George Harrison's Electronic Sound.

What are your favorite Moog-featured tracks?

Never heard of this guy/girl.... but reminds me of similarly named Woob. I absolutely LOVE 90s ambient electronica..... always gives me the best visuals on LSD <3

thanks for sharing just found a new soundtrack to my next trip

Last edited:
I fucking love it.

We used the Nord Lead 3 in a post-rock, ambient, alternative rock band I was in several years ago. We flicked the hell out of that bean.
I fking love it too! I'm not a synth man, i am a guitarist by trade , but the dude who was playing with an old band i was in loved his nord lead and I always geeked out on the sweet sounds he would make with it

I fking love it too! I'm not a synth man, i am a guitarist by trade , but the dude who was playing with an old band i was in loved his nord lead and I always geeked out on the sweet sounds he would make with it

It's one of those instruments with which you can get lost in creating without a particular journey and not feel guilty about it. Haha.

Last edited:

I've literally had to turn this album off because I was tripping too hard.................... fuck I love woob man what a genius

wait for the peak at 18:30.... fuck man this album/song twists my mind hard as fuck!!!!! <3 LSD/DMT/PSILOCYBIN and <3 WOOB

track 2 is also great! 4:50-10:00

I love the Modular the Mini, never seen the big one but I interned in a studio that had a Mini for a while.
The oscillators going out of tune can be a bit of a PITA but there's ways around that.
The oscillators are awesome, but that filter is what sets its apart.

I jammed on a Moog just once, it hummed like a womb.

Lisa Carbon / atom is the avowed moog project i know. Impossible to cos i'm totally fried on each one.