• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

mono and smoking?

Fr0st5

Bluelighter
I just got diagnosed with mono today. Even tho its a really weak one or somethin cuz my doctor said this is the worst it will get but im barley even feeling the symptoms. But he told me that i cant drink because it will hurt my splean (which mono does) and can cause permenant damage. I know i should know this but i dont so does weed effect ur liver simarly to alcohal? is it ok to smoke if u have mono? cuz ima be so bored staying home all next week.

I wouldn't smoke if I were you. Mono is a pretty serious virus and your body needs all the help it can get to heal itself and get back to normal. While weed doesn't seem to be that bad for one's health, it can have slightly immune-supressing effects and I think in your case you shouldn't even risk it. You want to get better as soon as you can, right?

I nearly died from mono, made my throat so swollen I was choking.. but if I were you I wouldn't smoke for the same reason as above, and its better to be safe. Dont kick yourself when you're down =P

I almost died from mono because it totally destroyed alot of my muscle tissue, ripped my stomach apart so I couldnt eat food for weeks, and I had liquids pouring out of every orface in my body. Was so bad, I had migranes so intense that I couldnt see. I was on the couch on morphene for a few weeks, followed by 6 months of 6 pills of darvocet A DAY.
The reason my mono got so bad, was because the first week or two I ignored it, and figured it would go away, since I had very weak symptoms and hardly felt the effects, like you said. It mutated into some rare form of mono and well, read the above. If you dont want to spend 6 months on a couch, I suggest you stay indoors untill it passes...

dude if you do take a risk on smoking i would leave it at a hit or two..
i remember when i had mono. i didn't have to do anything that i didn't want to. bliss. mer?
peace

Take mono seriously man, it destroyed 2 years of my life. Don't threaten your body, get well soon.