Modern rap - hey old timers our music doesnt actually suck

It's a tough first listen if you're about more melodic rap like I usually am but goddamn if this doesn't hit like a million lbs of raw force.

No shadow person can survive in its face lol

heh listened full volume with headphones, it's OK, not my style, but kinda catchy

I really don't like this style but there are definitely some songs from this style I like if that makes sense

heh listened full volume with headphones, it's OK, not my style, but kinda catchy

I really don't like this style but there are definitely some songs from this style I like if that makes sense

Makes total sense bc its I think the ONLY song in that style I get down on. It's the bridge for me "666 my wrist is iced up..." I feel those sentiments on bad days..

On the other side of the spectrum:

Makes total sense bc its I think the ONLY song in that style I get down on. It's the bridge for me "666 my wrist is iced up..." I feel those sentiments on bad days..

On the other side of the spectrum:

this song is so 2005 for me in a nutshell (mostly spent in rehab) so awesome

Album Theory: IGOR

Igor_-_Tyler%2C_the_Creator.jpg

Clearly a groundbreaking album showcasing Tyler's maturity and development level not only in music but his personal life. Overflowing with colorful conflicts and resolutions surrounding his bisexuality, this album not only highlights self discovery but also self preservation. He achieves this through song selection.

Specifically there was one song he chose to leave OFF of the album. The song fits in quite well with the theme of the rest of the album so why would he choose to leave this song out? The song, "Best Interest" was intentionally left off of the album because he understood that even though the album ended on a slightly confusing/unsure note (Are we still friends?) he didn't want to box himself in with a theme that left him with no choice at all. It's better to leave the album with an ambiguous question rather than a cocky oversight.

Would he still have gotten the grammy if he left this song on the album? I dunno, but I can say that even though I like the song and can relate to it (been there-done that), the album feels more complete without and mature without it.

Here's the song he left off the album:

just wait until el-p counts to 16 in his 16 bars...... its nuts

with inverted 31's and other unlucky omens
that's why I chug 7&7 until I'm fuckin homeless

(couning 13 + 14... stupid shit)

Last edited: