• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc modafinil overdose

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjack

Greenlighter
Hi,

on sunday night from around 10 or 11 I was taking modafinil to get high while skateboarding. I didnt really know how strong they were and I took around 1100 to 1200 mg over the course of the night until 7 am, at which point I had started to feel really bad. I was shaking slightly, I felt like I was fighting for consiousness and I had a racing heart and chest pains. I went home and tried to sleep, but couldnt. At 8 that evening when I still felt terrible I decided to go to A&E. I was put on a drip and had chest Xrays, blood tests and heart scans etc. They told me the results were good and that there was no permanent damage. I've now been able to sleep for a few hours on two occasions, but I still feel like its in my system, sometimes I feel sort of okay, but at others I can't move very much without getting chest pains and heart palpitations. I know what I've done was reckless and stupid, but I'm unsure of what to do now, because the docs have done all they can to help me and they didnt really seem to know much about the drug themselves. quick research told me that similar doses have been tested on people before with no permanent damage, however I'm terrified that I'm not going to be so lucky. I anyone has any advice, please help me.

I'd stay away from it in the future. Relax, I'm sure you'll be fine. Try not to let that anxiety rule ya

Whoa those are massive doses. Maximum dose is I think 400mg. But yeah you'll be fine.

you've nothing to fear. wait a bit. have chamomile tea

I'm still feeling very odd, I went for a walk earlier and I started to get pains in my left arm at one point. I've booked an appointment with my GP tomorrow.

This sounds like anxiety. As others have mentioned just relax. Go see your GP tomorrow if it will put your mind at ease.

In the mean time, have that chamomile tea Valium suggested, smoke some weed if you know it will relax you and not make you more anxious.

Think I may have overdone it.

I got some modafinil a couple of days ago and I wanted to try them so at about 11am I had 2x 200mg doses then over the course of the day and then night and this morning I had a few more. I've had about 3000mg in 20 hours and now Im starting to think I may have taken to much? (I know its over the recommended dose, go big or go home right?) I can't stop shaking and throwing up. My head is pounding and there's no chance of sleep. I think I'm seeing things that i know arnt there. lights are to bright and sounds are to loud. I can focus on one thing but that's it I can't see anything else. My hearts racing and I feel like I'm fighting to keep my eyes open and if I close them its like bright flashes behind my eyelids. one minute im to hot then im freezing. I can't eat or drink anything. What should I do? Rather not go to the hospital if I can avoid it.

I got some modafinil a couple of days ago and I wanted to try them so at about 11am I had 2x 200mg doses then over the course of the day and then night and this morning I had a few more. I've had about 3000mg in 20 hours and now Im starting to think I may have taken to much? (I know its over the recommended dose, go big or go home right?) I can't stop shaking and throwing up. My head is pounding and there's no chance of sleep. I think I'm seeing things that i know arnt there. lights are to bright and sounds are to loud. I can focus on one thing but that's it I can't see anything else. My hearts racing and I feel like I'm fighting to keep my eyes open and if I close them its like bright flashes behind my eyelids. one minute im to hot then im freezing. I can't eat or drink anything. What should I do? Rather not go to the hospital if I can avoid it.

Seek medical attention now, don't wait. You took a massive dose in 20 hours.

What is up with people who think taking 6-15x the recommended dose of something is a good idea?

No doubt you'll both survive. But will you live AND learn?

FFS.

Ride it out, good luck, etc. And I'm being VERY kind.

sucks...benzos really dont help if i remember correctly modafinil and adrafinil both block out your gaba receptors. i took 1 adrafinil one day which was a low dose (half the recommended dose on the bottle) and i was cracked out for 12+ hrs finally tried drinking a few beers taking som etiz benedryl and melatonin and nothing helped i was up late as fuck and felt like shit the next day.

you probably should go to the hospital if you ate 3 grams of modafinil.

I OD'd on Modafinil myself two years ago and it was horrible, not like "normal" stim OD at all. Benzos on hand proved useless so I had to resolve to call for an ambulance. At the ER they IV'ed Versed and some other drug after that that caused me to fall asleep. This was about 1pm and I came to 'round 8pm. They kept me for the night giving me IV Ativan which felt really soothing.

That's the only time I used Modafinil, it has no recreational value and this extremely unpleasant episode unveiled a dangerous side to a drug that most benzos cannot counteract when OD occurs. I also suspect major cardiotoxic effects, never had my heart thrown in such a frenzy before not even with meth or crack/freebase. Modafinil is permanently barred from my medicine cabinet.

Anyone who wants to know what' it's like

Hey everyone I found a couple sheets of it in my dads room so I researched it seemed harmles enough but I didn't know how much I should take so I took 1x 200mg before school and then I took enougher 3 at school I had a test next and completely aced it it was one of the best feelings if ever had and this is coming from someone who's done ket mdma coke and smokes weed regularly about 3 hours after taking them I was feeling really depressed and this lasted about and hour then I felt energic for an hour then depressed this has been going on for 12 am until now at 3.40 pm because I am in able to sleep its been 19 hours since I took them and I am still buzzing any thought in what I should do

Modafinil is a really long lasting drug, taking 200-400mg in the morning should be enough to keep the average person up for 12 hours or more. It's also the kind of drug where taking more is not better, past a certain threshold taking more just keeps you awake for longer. It doesn't help that modafinil takes an hour or two to reach peak effects, it's not a fast hitting drug at all.

You are probably not going to sleep at all tonight. Maybe try to have a 20 minute power nap or two. But, in future, don't take modafinil past lunchtime in the day, and don't take 3x200mg as a redose... just 200mg is probably plenty.

If you need to get some sleep, then possible remedies are chamomile tea, valerian root, cannabis, diphenhydramine (one dose of 100~150mg), or go jack off... (hey, it works)

Status
Not open for further replies.