• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

mixing psilocybin cubensis and aminita muscaria?

I think it depends on the person (obviously this is already a well established thought haha). Say with mushrooms - if you're undergoing the experience for a spiritual reason, the source of the 4-HO-DMT (psilocin) may play a part in your mindset. You may be getting back to nature so to speak, ergo it may feel more 'right' to obtain the active compound from its natural source - the mushroom - even if you somehow hypothetically had access to pure lab-synthesised 4-HO-DMT. However for the more recreational tripper, or simply someone not chasing that particular therapeutic state of mind, the source of the compound may be entirely irrelevant and of little concern; hell, you may even prefer a pure lab-synthesised version over the naturally occurring one as it removes the need to eat the physical mushroom.

But this is most certainly a matter of opinion and personal preference, which simply cannot be argued as to which one is "better". The only circumstance in which it could would be related to my last point above: it would be easier on the stomach and digestive system to consume an amount of pure 4-HO-DMT than it would be to consume the amount of mushrooms (dried or not) required to provide an equal amount of active compound.

(...)
man with his complex brain, abstracts a mental image of who he thinks he is and then identifies himself with that image thus creating a sort false self, or a psychological self that is very real in experiences but has no substance when you actually look for/at it. This false self lives in self consciousness.

i actually agree with this and what you said after it. i do believe that this mental image we create of ourselves and try to live up to is indeed the source of our psychological suffering. you can conclude then that we should accept and let things be as they are, or, put in another manner, let things be natural. but i don't think this concept of natural we just defined is the same as that popular idea of 'nature' which disagrees and is opposite to science, reason and technology.

(...)
When I take mushrooms for instance I can feel myself as part of nature, it is so obvious how the idea that man and nature are two separate things is some sort of silly little delusion that we have somehow created. THus I feel that recongizing ones place in nature is essential to healing and living a happy life. Anything that can help one to live a happy and healthy life is a worthv

yes, in fact i believe i felt the same way as you when tripping once. felt alive, part of this world, one with nature and one with everything else... but i was tripping on a random NBOMe, a synthethic and by what it seems, very hated by the BL community, psychedelic compound. and personally i find this to be the most awesome (side) effect of psychedelics.

i also agree completely that the idea that man and nature are two separate things is silly (it was this i was trying to point out on my previous post, but i was in my cellphone and had to be short), after all 'nature' is a construct of our minds - just like our mental image - an arbitrary set of things ('this, this and this is part of nature, but this is not')... well, whatever

i guess we agree on a few things at least. and after all, all that matters is the last sentence you said...

peace