• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

"Mixed messages to young on drugs " West Australian Sat. 11th

sure, he can criticize sites like bluelight that provide info on drugs, but i think it's wrong to do that. being a science student at uni, i'm certainly not satisfied with the amount of real info on government sites about drugs. stuff like "MDMA is like an amphetamine... you might get depressed after you come down" and all that, just doesn't cut it.
I'm a smart guy. i understand science at a deeper level than that. i want to know how things work. if the government isn't going to provide this info (and i think it would be wrong for the gov to provide it cos that would be encouraging illegal activity), then why shouldn't someone else?
we are a group of free citizens, who have a right to access and provide information, as long as people understand where they are getting info from, and know its limitations. but we don't necessarily have to censor ourselves, just to conform to the media. sure, this info is not for everyone, but people only find it if they're actively seeking it. parents may not like their kids finding out about drugs, but i'm sure mine would prefer that i knew about what i was doing, than that i went in completely blind.
knowledge is power. perhaps the government and media don't want young people to have this sort of power. it just shits me how people in authority underestimate young people, and constantly seem to deny that we are capable of intelligent, independent thought.
[/rant]
------------------
DQ

*Lame post alert*
Sure, what the articles saying is accurate. But it's still making us look bad isn't it?! And he makes himself sound so righteous about it to, when we all know our world would be better if we all dropped an E every now and again and disposed of violence inducing alcohol. Why are you siding with him??

"Sure, what the articles saying is accurate. But it's still making us look bad isn't it?!"
Truth hurts sometimes
smile.gif

The HiVe MiND: who were you directing the question of "why are you siding with him?" to?
if it was me, i am definately NOT siding with him. personally, i hate the way he generalises about "young people today".
i feel as though, from previous articles he has written as well as this one, that he doesnt give young people enough credit.
it might be considered that using sights like bluelight and teknoscape is alot better than relying on what your friends inform you of certain illicit drugs.
do you agree?