mitragynine question

peacefrog97

Greenlighter
I recently ordered a bottle of mitragynine 80% extract, 15 mL with 10mg per mL. I decided to take some last night and had a very bad experience. I thought one dropper full would be 1 mL so a good dose would be about 15 mgs from what I'd read. About an hour after dosing I was at a friends smoking a bowl when things started to get weird.

My heart rate increased to an extremely uncomfortable level and I got really cold, I had to lay down with a blanket over me and basically shake until I came down. It was awful. Does anyone know what caused this? I thought mitragynine was a downer and even if I took too much I wouldn't expect what happened to happen. Do you guys think I was shipped something else? I had a scare with mdpv over the summer and while this experience wasn't nearly the same it was scary in the same way. I should also note I took about 10mgs of oxycodone earlier in the day but I figured it had worn off by the time I drank the extract.

Also I haven't done any drugs since this experience. I've thought about taking a little bit of oxy to calm my nerves but I'm afraid, do you all think it would be safe?

ive read everywhere that Kratom can actually produce stimulant like effects at a lower dose and then the more you take produces the more downer effects (hits those opiate receptors in the brain). In fact, i read it's related to yohimbe in structure, and I personally have had a reaction to yohimbe that was like the one you described here! Yohimbe is stimulant like for me, and gave me increased heart rate, thus anxiety, and a feeling of "please pass so I can feel better" symptoms haha. I have never done Kratom myself, nor have any firsthand experience or guide with what a proper dose would be for either effect. I assume you took a low dose, and thus had a stimulant reaction, and I think it's nothing to worry about EXCEPT for the fact that it is anxiety causing and you should refrain from doing that!

If I recall correctly, 7-Hydroxymitragynine is the alkaloid in Kratom that is responsible for the more opiate like effects while mitragynine has more stimulating properties, especially at low doses.

smoking a bowl will increase your heart rate, and sometimes more than you bargained for...I'm guessing it was mostly the weed, and ultimately the combo that did it.

Yeah it initially is stimulating and then slows down to a more opiate like effect. If you do it again, use a fraction of what you took and avoid weed until your familiar with the Krat.