• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Missouri Methadone clinic laws?

memphisxpat

Greenlighter
I just drove 4+hrs, from Memphis, Tennessee to St. Louis, Missouri to watch my nephews, so my sister can go to the closest Methadone clinic to receive her daily dose. She called me telling me that they won't see her if she has the kids with her because state law dictates this. Really, like seriously? I need to know, is this true? I have looked online and cannot find anything concerning this. I must know the truth, so I can handle this immediately. Tennessee doesn't have laws like this, quite the opposite actually, they have a little area in the waiting room for the children to play while they wait.
I was a heroin user for 10yrs and know the ropes pretty well, the only thing that has changed; the drugs, they kill you now. She has no track marks where I can politely inspect. I know what it is like to try and take care of kids while dope sick, gosh it's the worse. I imagine, if this is true, that the state legislators did this because someone received their dose, attempted to drive home and had a car accident, and they blamed it on the drugs.
If anyone has personal experience at a Missouri Methadone clinic or familiar with the law I spoke of; your comments will be most appreciated.
This is an existential crisis that needs handled now.