• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Mirtazapine

I take the stuff for depression, but it also gives me a hell of an appetite and knocks me out somewhat. I'd say that it's on par with benzos in that last regard, but then again I am a hardened insomniac and benzos do little to me at this point.

I haven't skipped any doses so far, but I imagine a temporary discontinuation would be relatively mild. I used to be on 15 mg / day for 2 weeks (mostly for sleep) and quit CT, no problems.

Are there any sources on the claim that it's less sedating at higher dosages? I discussed this with my doctor and he said that there simply wasn't any evidence for it. Recently, I started at 15 mg (hit me), then 30 mg (hit me harder), and now 45 mg (hits me harder still). I personally don't buy into that argument any more.

Im short for time so I'll jsut quickly throw in my 2cents on this comound... come back later and add more :)

I have also used mitrazapine, used it for 2 weeks all up and found it deffintly can help put you to sleep its pretty strong in that regard. In terms of anti depressant effects I found it is fairly effective and also noticed it helped banish any anxiety I had.

In regards to withdrawl I looked into it whiel I was on it and found some people have next to no withdrawl where as some find they go throuhg a heavy withdrawl - even after taking it for 2 weeks at a low dose (7.5 for the first week then 15mg for the second) I did expiernce withdrawl symptoms that persisted for a bit. My main ones were a real shit mood, on and off nausea yet no anxiety at all - I wasnt having any problems with anxiety anyway.