• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mirapex? Recreational?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soundsystem00

Bluelighter
I was prescribed Mirapex for RLS due to withdrawals and it has not helped very much, but I have only taken small doses of it. My doctor said it was actually an anti-seizure medication type thing but works for RLS. It doesnt really work for me but I was thinking of taking two tonight instead of one to help me sleep. Any experiences?

It's not recreational, but will most likely put you to sleep faster if you take more than directed, it just stimulates dopamine receptors.

I've actually read that taking meds for RLS due to withdrawals can make your WD's WORSE. Withdrawal RLS isn't really RLS...

Your doc doesn't know you are W/Ding right?

he actually does know.. and obviously knows nothing bout wds cuz he gave me ambien and mirapex, neither help.

You know I also have RLS kind of so I'm wondering if there's any recreational value to Mirapex or Requip... I've heard it isn't too euphoric, although some places list euphoria as a side effect. Extended use of dopaminergics supposedly causes dopamine_dysregulation_syndrome which has symptoms like "euphoria, hypomania, omnipotence, grandiosity, gambling, compulsive shopping, eating disorders and hypersexuality" associated with taking the mirapex. So there might be something to it.

Lol, haven't you seen mirapex's commercials? "This product may cause compulsive gambling, hypersexuality, etc. etc." Most people on it start flirting 24/7. I've heard sometimes it causes weight loss, sometimes weight gain. Either way.

I'm sorry did you say omnipotence and grandiosity? Fuck yeah sign me up.

I seriously wonder what these dopamine-agonists react like with some dopaminergic stimulants i.e. methylphenidate. Could be an interesting interaction. Might be lame. Idk.

Um, I'm pretty sure at the very least they dampen the effects if the stimulant, and may even be harmful. Dunno and don't want to look it up - don't do it though. Again, best case scenario, its a waste, worst case scenario, you get sick.

You know I also have RLS kind of so I'm wondering if there's any recreational value to Mirapex or Requip... I've heard it isn't too euphoric, although some places list euphoria as a side effect. Extended use of dopaminergics supposedly causes dopamine_dysregulation_syndrome which has symptoms like "euphoria, hypomania, omnipotence, grandiosity, gambling, compulsive shopping, eating disorders and hypersexuality" associated with taking the mirapex. So there might be something to it.

This is kinda old, but I was looking for info on Mirapex here and elsewhere....and the king of French Canadian news blames a gambling addiction on Mirapex, he talked about it in a totally impromptu news segment. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Luc_Mongrain He's big enough to have his english wikipedia article, funny, usually our closed to the outside world culture (which we enforce on purpose, too), that he ends up having his own english wiki.

I remember as a kid, he was reading newspapers, cigarette in one hand, coffee mug in the other, going batshit insane about stuff in downtown Montreal and the biker gangs and the politicians and how his family said the 2 italians who moved into Montreal in front were homosexuals, but no soon enough they had their pizzeria and wives in that building. And then he would scorn us Quebecois for not being entrepreneurial.

Anyway, I had half a 0.2 generic mirapex to see if it would kill the kind of akathisia I experience since a while, legs wont stop moving, not moving them hurts, and sometimes it's even up there with my arms needing to be flailed around while lying in my bed or else this really deep tension, balls of nerves feelings. I hope it'll help, it's mid-day but I expect to go to bed soon. When the 20mg flubromazolam hits (damn the 3-4 hours waiting time) I should be ok.It's really depressing to have so many downers that additional problems show up to mess with my sleep. I bought back some magnesium glycerophosphate 90%, the rest is oxide and another form of mg, but glycerophosphate at 90% is what I want to prevent those epic, I don't know what to call this event, it hurts so bad, it's like you're in bed, you stretch out and suddenly,a nerve under your knee locks, and IT FUCKING HURTS, and its like nothing helps to stop it, you kinda have to sit down in a way that will put back things where they should be. If mirapex helps for this condition then, cool.

I am prescribed mirapex (1.5g mg tid) or 4.5 a day for PTSD (off label)
I have taken up to 15 mg at once and felt dizzy and nauseous for 6 hours. Not pleasant.
If anyone has contradictory information or a positive recreational experience I would like to hear from you.
I do not suffer from any of the side effects associated with the class action lawsuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.