• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Millionnaires have some more money

I object against the use of the term 'butt-hurt' because I'm not American, but if I were, I'm afraid to say you're certainly not immune to getting 'butt-hurt' at the drop of a (City trader's bowler) hat. So let he who is without sin... etc. ;)

And with that, carry on.

Yes, I run around calling people cunts and crying because I don't like the party they like. You do know the reason very few liberal organisations are successful is because their members are so judgemental. They just turn on each other, and the group collapses.

None of which would have happened if they hadn't only received 36.1% of the vote and been forced into coalition with the Lib Dems.

My parents vote tory and always will - despite being disabled, unemployed and living in social housing. If Thatcher's decaying corpse was put up at the next election they would be delighted...

I despair...

It's questionable. But don't we all hate the lib dems now because they compromised their politics to get into government?

Yes, I run around calling people cunts and crying because I don't like the party they like. You do know the reason very few liberal organisations are successful is because their members are so judgemental. They just turn on each other, and the group collapses.

I object against the Americanised use of the word 'liberal'. Over here, 'liberal' means you believe in free trade. Whereas 'progressive' is the equivalent to the American 'liberal'.

Though admittedly that misunderstanding is very probably at the root of the Lib-Dems' success among the under-25 demographic.

I never said you go around calling people cunts, just that you get personal and emotional relatively quickly. In fairness to you, that's a flaw you've identified yourself in the past, for which you have my respect.

You is mental bro.But good for a laugh.

Im still waiting for the list TBH.

My parents actually voted Tory for a long time which is totally an alien concept up here. Most of the UK did not vote for the Eton boys but they are still in power. Doubt my vote would of swayed it!

All the governments have done is argue with opposition like kids in a school playground and fuck people over.
I did like that child benefit would be more in favour of those who have trouble in that area - Monetary-wise.

Still - The "rich" should be taxed as heavy as a brick reaching maximum velocity onto a mellon. Fuckin Conservatives.

The fact that Conservatives and Lib Dems are in a coalition is still utterly fucking stupid and alien to both parties (why are they called parties when they provide no drugs or fun what-so-ever????).

[/rant]

Im still waiting for the list TBH.

My parents actually voted Tory for a long time which is totally an alien concept up here. Most of the UK did not vote for the Eton boys but they are still in power. Doubt my vote would of swayed it!

You won't get that list, because they are never going to do anything for you. Why are they never going to do anything for you? Because they only have 1 seat in Scotland. Because most Scots will never ever vote Tory, so why waste their time pandering to them?

The fact that Conservatives and Lib Dems are in a coalition is still utterly fucking stupid and alien to both parties (why are they called parties when they provide no drugs or fun what-so-ever????).

[/rant]

It isn't that alien at all actually. In local Government if there is no clear majority the LDs and Tories virtually always jump into bed together...

It's questionable. But don't we all hate the lib dems now because they compromised their politics to get into government?

I certainly dislike them, signing pledges to students, of which i am, saying they opposed tuition fees then 10 minutes in a tory bed and were paying triple.
Although i think that the raising of the tax threshold is certainly a lib dem policy as it was in their manifesto so they haven't done all bad but certainly not covered themselves in glory. One could argue that the lib dems can keep the conservatives in check and that the budgets we have had under the coalition would of been much worse for the masses without them.

On the other hand if the liberals hadn't formed a coalition and we had a hung parliament, global markets would of hit us hard and we would probably of lost our triple A credit rating and ended up paying eye watering interest on eye watering debt further compounding our internal problems.

I object against the Americanised use of the word 'liberal'. Over here, 'liberal' means you believe in free trade. Whereas 'progressive' is the equivalent to the American 'liberal'.

Though admittedly that misunderstanding is very probably at the root of the Lib-Dems' success among the under-25 demographic.

I never said you go around calling people cunts, just that you get personal and emotional relatively quickly. In fairness to you, that's a flaw you've identified yourself in the past, for which you have my respect.

I am not trying to use it as an americanised term, I am using it to refer to Liberalism. I reply to people getting personal and ganging up on me quickly, yes. Because as has already been demonstrated in this thread (once again), liberals/lefties are quick to judge and slow to accept people for who they are. This is the fundamental problem I have with liberals or people on the left; Conservatives/Right wingers are perfectly capable of seeing that liberals/lefties hearts are in the right place, they are just wrong. On the flip side, liberals/lefties think that conservatives/righties are the devil incarnate because their way is the only way. They even do it among themselves.

Ever read the Orange Book? You'd swear it was written by Tories, and it's basically the blueprint for the Lib-Dem future. They're a cynical party who like to appeal to voters who they see as 'marginalised' (students, Muslims, gay men) whilst all the time nurturing a de facto right-wing agenda.

Historically there have been a lot of people crossing from Tory to Liberal on the strength of either a single issue or electoral opportunism. Churchill being the prime example.

Look up the sordid details of the 2005 election campaign if you've ever thought they were anything more than snakes.

Mr Smokes Blunts said:
I am not trying to use it as an americanised term, I am using it to refer to Liberalism.

If, by 'liberalism' you mean Lib-Dem policy , then fine.

If you mean 'liberalism' as a broader political concept (i.e. roughly equivalent with leftism, only you can't say 'left' in post McCarthy Amerikkka), then throughout Europe it means something entirely different to what it does in the US. See 'neoliberalism' for further reference.

We actually agree on the blindness that both the left and right can suffer from as a result of their tribalism, deep convictions and attachment to doctrine. The only major difference being that my image of 'the right' is less of a caricature than your portrayal of 'the left'.

Last edited:
On the flip side, liberals/lefties think that conservatives/righties are the devil incarnate because their way is the only way.

I love your facts. They'd make a great book.

I don't think conseratvatives are the devil incarnate (Thatcher et al excepted). I see him most of them as politically indocrianted scum with the odd mental deficient thrown in who have had all traces of humanity and selfnessless washed from their souls. The rest are simply vermin.

I think you're category A MSB. Must try harder.

I love your facts. They'd make a great book.

I don't think conseratvatives are the devil incarnate (Thatcher et al excepted). I see him most of them as politically indocrianted scum with the odd mental deficient thrown in who have had all traces of humanity and selfnessless washed from their souls. The rest are simply vermin.

I think you're category A MSB. Must try harder.

I didn't present it as a fact, just an observation. Who indoctrinated me I wonder? It certainly wasn't my Labour/Union loving parents, who tried their damnedest to indoctrinate me into their ways, that's for sure. I just happen to think that throwing money at a problem doesn't fix it, it only covers it up at best. Labour expanded spending in every direction, and society got less fair, and social services only improved marginally. I only vote Conservative because they are closest to my political views, I don't agree with quite a lot of what they say and do. On the other hand, I don't agree with anything Labour say and do.

It is awfully easy for you to be 'selfless' when it is you who is taking the money and stands to benefit. I wonder, if it was you being shaken by the ankles would you change your tune? There is nothing selfless about 99% of people who vote for parties on the Left.

Both 'the left' and 'the right' will attempt to slide it up your arse.

The only difference is that the left might be generous enough to use some lube.

I didn't present it as a fact, just an observation. Who indoctrinated me I wonder?

The predominantly controlled right-wing mass media, your schooling, the dominant ideology/culture of the day, the state apparatus, globalization, 'natural' rebellion against your parents ideas, socialization, living under an age of repressive tendencies against political rebellion, your further education set against a background of careerist progression as opposed to learning for learnings sake (the profit motive vs academic rigour).

And I haven't even started. You don't know what you're missing. And believe it or not, I'm genuinely sad for you.

There Is An Alternative.

The predominantly controlled right-wing mass media, your schooling, the dominant ideology/culture of the day, the state apparatus, globalization, 'natural' rebellion against your parents ideas, socialization, living under an age of repressive tendencies against political rebellion, your further education set against a background of careerist progression as opposed to learning for learnings sake (the profit motive vs academic rigour).

And I haven't even started. You don't know what you're missing. And believe it or not, I'm genuinely sad for you.

There Is An Alternative.

It is pathetic that you are sad for people who disagree with you, as if what you believe is automatically above being influenced by anyone or anything else. As if it is the correct philosophy in life, simply because it was your thought patterns that led to it. I was schooled in a shit hole, under Labour... It would have been far easier for me to turn to the Left to answer my problems, like 99% of my school did, than the right. If anything I am bucking the trend - I am in a very small minority voting Conservative under the age of 25. It would be much much easier for me to vote Left, and defend the left in life (on here especially), but I don't.

the budget today... what a load of bollocks. if the government wanna generate more money to help sort out the economy they should legalize and tax cannabis. the price of fuel is ever increasingly taking the piss, absolute rip off, and now they're putting an extra 3p on it. the goverment have lost the plot

557815_10150894393504616_603439615_13016115_242770784_n.jpg

the budget today... what a load of bollocks. if the government wanna generate more money to help sort out the economy they should legalize and tax cannabis. the price of fuel is ever increasingly taking the piss, absolute rip off, and now they're putting an extra 3p on it. the goverment have lost the plot

557815_10150894393504616_603439615_13016115_242770784_n.jpg

Totally agree, the debt would be gone in a year, and we'd all be nose deep in quality gear...