• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Midazolam (Dormicum) - Oral dosage question.

Rexeh

Bluelighter
I received some Roche brand Midazolam (Dormicum) 7.5 mg tablets from someone who is very close to me today. <3 Needless to say that I am VERY thrilled to try this Benzodiazepine after having experienced the effects in hospital settings where it was given to me before surgery but I do remember the insane euphoria a 15 mg tablet gave me last time when I had dental surgery.

So now I am wondering... what would a good recreational dose be? I have a fairly high Benzodiazepine tolerance because I am on 30 mg of Diazepam and 10 mg of Temazepam daily for over a year and I can function (read a book, play a game on my PS3, no memory problems etc.) on 20 mg of Temazepam + 50 mg of Diazepam but I am treating this one with respect and was thinking half a tab would be a good starting dose, any thoughts? :)

I feel lucky today, nothing better than getting pharms like these for free. =D

-- Peace o/

To hell with it, here goes 7.5 mg of artificial Euphoria pressed into pill form... %)

-- Peace o/

You are gonna have to dose way higher than that with your tolerance. Look up the oral dosing benzo comparison charts. You will find your answers there.

i believe the oral BA of Mida is close to 35% so yeah, you're gonna have to dose a lot higher than that bro

Plugging them is probably worth it too btw :)

15mg of Midaz orally is a good dose for me, any higher than that and the amnesia becomes very noticeable (the next day).

Sorry for necromancing, but if I can be posting right after Psychedelic Jay, a guy I liked a bunch way back, I will :)

Versed as midazolam is known here (.ca), same as the US I guess, is pretty much as described here, used for pre-op anxiety AND anaesthesia (I guess with propofol on top...not an anesthesiologist), is only given in some cases where they don't just go with the Ativan wafers, Versed is used in ER's for people having panic attacks...I was in the hospital for a different reason back when I lived in Montreal in 2007 and I guess he was one of the early victims of the 2007-2008 almost-to-1929 levels depression that could only be rectified with stagnation, but the guy was extremely agitated, in the bed next to mine, with only a curtain separating us. When asked what job he had he said, "I don't work, I only do financial bets with my money I accumulated doing that and other people's money and the hammer is coming hard", he was crying like a little baby, although I do believe he was having panic like he never imagined before he could experience, I guess he was going from being a 1% to the rest of us (not that hard to be a 1%er...only need to have 750k in the bank. So after him crying for a nicotine patch since he couldn't smoke, I heard the nurses say, we'll go with Versed on this guy and then he got very quiet and apologetic even heh.

So I got 20 of them 15mg purple Dormicums, my tolerance zig-zags a lot, but right now, 10mg diazepam with 6mg bromazepam bid for GAD and 30mg Temazepam caps for insomnia as needed, although I'd rather have 15mg ones and more of them, I'll talk to my doc about that, because I wouldn't be ordering Halcion and Dormicum if I could have my sleep be healthy.

Anyway, anyone attempted to slam some ? I have very good filters here which are called SteriFilts, made for shooting up pills, even works with crack, you can do your own research on it, they were invented in France and we do get some of them in Canada since one of the main thing people IV is hydromorphcontin crushed beads (that's my reasoning as to why a mostly-european filter made it here). I would absolutely use the score-line and only try with 7.5mg IV, unless I'm told it is too much? Triazolam has only 52% oral BA, but that doesn't matter when I can get some Pfizer Halcion 0.25 from time to time, 0.5mg of Halcion in the quantity I can get it, is able to reduce the harsh reality one faces when their RC benzo they've been taking to save up on scripts has shot up their tolerance, again, circumstances went against me and right now I'm trying to get rid of that clonazolam 1.5-2mg a day tolerance, I kept it in the safety zone, but once it had left my whole body, luckily on the same day I could renew my Valiums, so I had two bottle of 60x10mg valiums, but then a friend whom I told all about this told me he could help out and get me some Halcion and Euro-pilled Versed amongst other things to help with that.

So, yes, SteriFilts are not as good as .22 microns, but they do filter talc, and practically every bad binder out there, only thing remaining possible to get through is bacteria..and I only got myself cotton fever doing cotton shots of Dilaudid 4mg, would take the very yellow ones and press them into the bacteriostatic water and sterile cups provided for us her, and then remove them with a used needle and dispose of 'em. It worked fine at giving me another high the same night, but if I tried again the next morning if I didn't leave myself enough Dilaudid (this was in my fuck-it-all 2012 era, before ORT) in the morning to slam I'd be desperate because as usual the old man selling them to me was always having a tons of reasons why I couldn't come by and buy some right away..the guy's on disability due to all his pain issues and he just won't stop working and renovation his house, he gets 39k a year from his insurance, and shitloads of opiates, ketamine, cesamet yet there's no stopping this guy hah, he had a prescription for Oxazepam 30's and he didn't want to take them, and I told him, you're not used to benzos, that's one of the weakest out there, give it a try, but I'm mostly end up buying his scripts, but then he would lament the fact he's stressed out, I'd give him some of my valiums and he would be yeah it works, kinda. Never all that impressed, guess I could impress him now, but too late, he's the reason I went into the whole ORT nightmare, especially the first year until you get all your 6 privileges.

Going on a tangent here, but just to say, I got experience with needles, I have very good filters and this stuff is amazing IV'd, I remember before my deviated septum surgery, telling the anesthesiologist that whatever that was, it was good stuff and he said "Yeah, the 40's are strong here" and then it was lights out, until I woke up screaming in pain and got multiple shots of morphine and something for nausea along with it". That whole surgery got me to opiates pretty well, I spent 4 days with plugs up my nostrils made to be pulled out with very long metal prongs coming out of them, thankfully I only had to be seen this way in the hospital parking lot and interior 4 days after the surgery, it fucking hurt so bad when he removed the left one, then I got a script for 10mg OxyIR every 4-6 hours for a couple weeks then reduced to Empracets (30mg codeine/300mg APAP)x2 every 4 to 6 hours for 3 weeks.

I was pretty naive with all that stuff..so I didn't know I could actually get a high from Empracets like the OxyIR did. So that's why I'm asking, I'm naive about dormicum and IV preparation, although I got all stuff to make it a very safe thing, I'd like to hear some feedback, thanks.

Well, I broke a 15mg Dormicum in two at the score line, giving me a 7.5mg pill, i cut further in 2, but it was difficult and there was one much smaller piece than the other that formed, it seems to have diluted well in bacteriostatic water, the 1/4 half of the 7.5mg pill. So I'm pretty sure I'm in the safe zone here, I'm about to suck the solution up with a SteriFilt after stirring for 5 minutes, then my gf will come from with takeout, so I'm gonna join her in the feast, and then come back to my office and see if anything strange happened in the solution. If not, I'll go ahead, it must be something like 1.5-2mg max that will be in that syringe, perfectly filtered, I'll give some feedback. But as with anything, I'd like to hear about other BL'ers regarding, I looked at old threads and it seemed people had issues, mostly because it seems like they were trying to dissolve entire 7.5mg pills and just siphon away a little by little from that in their (hopefully) Securicup).

Well I went ahead...but I gotta say, totally underwhelmed, at least in this 2mg tops small piece of the half of a 15mg. So no wonder I read that ampoules in the hospital for seizures or extreme panic attacks at the ER or for pre-op sedation are 5mg...considering I got a tolerance, could have gone with the whole 7.5mg half. Now I'm not sure I even got needles still, a bunch of bacteriostatic water vials and SteriFilts, but no more SecuriCups and needles. That's why I inquired you all!