• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Microwave Appliances

Google it, I'm just of the opinion, anything that makes particles vibrate thousands of times per second can't be good for you...

Google it, I'm just of the opinion, anything that makes particles vibrate thousands of times per second can't be good for you...

that happens constantly naturally. every movement you make, every breath you take. in your logic, it all needs to stay still in order to be good for you.

Google it,
Ok, and once I'm done googling it, I'll google moon landing hoax and how the jews are responsible for all society's problems.

I'm just of the opinion, anything that makes particles vibrate thousands of times per second can't be good for you...

Cool opinion, bro. Music is vibrating air molecules, so I guess your favorite band is giving you cancer, too. 8(

i also thought that microwaving food was bad. i assume water too. but not sure have to look it up

These thoughts people have about microwaves are what are known as modern myths and are due to the fear of "new things" (not necessarily in you personally but perhaps in the people you get your information from, or as promulgated by the media), there is no rational cause to be concerned about them, they just need to be understood, like anything else, so yes, look it up and be put at ease.

I mean, if we accept popular wisdom on microwaves we might as well accept it on drugs too, and we don't now, do we?

Taste wise: YMMV, almost always worse than baking, broiling, pan frying, grilling, or toasting something though.

Health wise: Nothing suggests you will drop dead or develop tumors from regular microwave use.

I thought I would throw my 2 censt worth in.
I dislike things being cooked in a microwave oven, not due to the possible/supposive health concerns. I just think it makes food taste like shit.

I did some searching on the subject and I could spend hours posting links up that support cooking in a microwave and at the same time could find links which clams the exact opposite.

To me this is going to end up like the moon landing and aliens, some poeple beleive while others think it s a crock of shit.

Anyway I found this link if anyone is interested.
Here

Have fun :)

Edit: BTW OP, 2 minutes on high should have that water bubbling. I believe it's safe to boil water in the microwave.

Last edited:
The taste AND, in particular, the texture of microwaved food is awful.

There ain't ever no reason to be usin' one of them microwaves.

Aye..everything produced from a microwave is shit, imo. Disgusting taste, disgusting texture, disgusting everything.

Though i'm not going to go and tell anyone not to use one so do what thou wilt!

I can understand cataracts happening to people who work near big highpowered radars like those used in huge vessels or weather prediction stations that use magnetrons bigger than those that some of us have in our homes.

I have not used a microwave oven since I was in Afghanistan as sometimes there was no time to cook proper snacks. Also I dont like the fact that microfrequency radiation goes right through the surface of whatever you are trying to cook resulting the awful texture of food. With infrared radiation it just heats from the surface going nicely in to the core of example a roast beef resulting into a superb texture and look to the meat.

If I would eat junk food I would definately microwave it but I dont since I just love cooking. In fact we have a baking oven in our which I love. It takes about a 1-2 hours of preparing depending the type of wood you use before it gets into a 200 degree celsius and you cant use it on summer unless you want to turn livingroom/kitchen into a sauna.

If I were more of the chaotic neutral type, I'll try to use unshielded, daisy-chained magnetrons to disable electronics with EMPs.

ebola

Bacon cooks pretty well in a microwave
You're kidding, right?

That's how my mom/grandma would always cook bacon, and I hated bacon as a child. Whenever I'd tell people I disliked bacon, they'd be shocked--Then some would ask what the preparation method was and when I'd say "microwave," they'd be horrified.

As the years have gone on, I've had bacon cooked in a pan, and it was much better--Still didn't like it though. :p

Yeah I know, I never ever cook bacon in the microwave, but I was surprised to see it turn crispy the one time I saw my friend cook his bacon in the microwave.

microwave story that was related to my by a friend. he was a radar tech in the US air force. he crewed on some big powerful surveillance air craft.
when doing preflights on the taxi way, if an officer was sighted on the ground, he was always hit with a huge burst of radar .
the thought was to sterilize the mutts, thus guaranteeing that the bad gene that makes officer candidates would not be carried on.
it thought it brilliant as my military time was spent in the fucking infantry and we loathed them and took every chance presented to turn their lives into hell.

years ago, in a huge machine shop that i worked in, there were vending machines and a old time hulk of a microwave. there was a particularly dense apprentice that blew that machine's glass door to bits a few times. He would load an aluminum foil wrapped load of food that he brought from home in and hit the go button. Arcs, sparks and boom ! i wanted to beat him about the head . cold food on graveyard shift is miserable.