• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ

Is there any reason that a propylene glycol/saline solution would not be able to be micron filtered? I know that propylene glycol is quite thick/viscous, but if the propylene glycol was diluted significantly, should I assume that it should be able to be micron filtered?-DG

A fellow bluelighter reported that you can't micron filter 40% propylene glycol in 50% water in an ampule because the solution is too viscous.

I don't know what dilution would work for micron filtering, the only solvent I use is water.

^ All I know is that although clonazepam does exist in liquid propylene glycol solution, injecting drugs users don't inject it at all, even with large access to sterile water and micron filters. I don't know why, but there must be a good reason (BTW sorry if I always come back with my little bottles of liquid Roche clonaz, it's just that I want to know too if this d*mn thing is injectable!). And as phatass told me via PM, if the junkies don't do it, there must be a reason.

It's because most people prefer IV midazolam if they're going to IV benzos.

^ i just sent you a PM with the site that lists the only 3 kinds ive heard of.. and it has charts of the types of stuff you can filter through them.. so just check out the charts and thats where i got the info from.. it shows solution filtration (which would be propylene glycol), oil based, water based, and flow speed for the different types.

this is the site http://www.researchsupply.net/filtration.html
it does show it could be filtered but it's rating for it is really low..

"PES Filter Membranes

It’s asymmetrical pore structure allows for very high flow rates, in addition the polyethersulfone membranes have the benefit of having low protein binding characteristics. Hydrophilic, and able to withstand higher temperatures, PES filters have a wide range of laboratory uses. However, does not withstand high pressures for filtration when filtering more viscous fluids. May not filter especially viscous fluids at all. Solvents mixed with other liquids or oils may work, but acidity of the mixture must be very minimal or it will damage the pore structure of the membrane. Ideally suited for rapid filtration of aqueous or less viscous fluids with low solvent concentrations."

and the chart is under it if you want a visual

I think what this means is that there's a certain degree of viscosity that will render micron filtering impossible, and another degree it will.

It's because most people prefer IV midazolam if they're going to IV benzos.

Midazolam is very rare to find in France, except in hospitals. There must be another explanation. I mean liquid Rivotril is everywhere (well, mostly Rivotril tabs are found on the streets, but liquid form is easily discoverable if you really want to or already have a connection for it).

I'm sure it has to do with the propylene glycol thing being very hard to inject, or every injector here would IV the stuff all day, which isn't the case at all ;)

Midazolam is very rare to find in France, except in hospitals. There must be another explanation. I mean liquid Rivotril is everywhere (well, mostly Rivotril tabs are found on the streets, but liquid form is easily discoverable if you really want to or already have a connection for it).

I'm sure it has to do with the propylene glycol thing being very hard to inject, or every injector here would IV the stuff all day, which isn't the case at all ;)

It might be that you have to dilute it to such a degree that you can't get "enough" of a desired dose in a 1 cc syringe, possibly. I'm not sure.

Maybe people didn't put 2 and 2 together?

I come from the US and they're stingy with handing out benzos. :(

So, given the fact that most benzos are soluble in propylene glycol, I'd like to ask about how safe the following practive would be:

If one were to dissolve a pill of diazepam or alprazolam in solution of propylene glycol and bacteriostatic water. Once dissolved, this solution would then be passed through a micron filter. Would the resulting solution be suitable for injection? Is there any reason that this solution would be "less safe" then something like suboxone which has been micron filtered?

Im just wondering because people tend to write off the possibility of shooting benzos due to the fact that most are not soluble in water. But if one had USP grade propylene glycol, what would be the problem of making the solution I described with a benzo, passing it through a micron filter, and shooting it?-DG

It might be that you have to dilute it to such a degree that you can't get "enough" of a desired dose in a 1 cc syringe, possibly. I'm not sure.

I think with the 20/80 ratio I mentioned before, I can have at least half a milligram of clonaz in a 1ml syringe. That should do the job, given my low tolerance to benzos.

Maybe people didn't put 2 and 2 together?

Junkies always put 2 and 2 together when it comes to their love =D

I had a discussion with phatass who told me it wasn't worth the effort and the risk, given the good oral BA of clonaz. Furthermore, he told me that's why french junkies don't do it. I don't know, I'm puzzled too :\

Thanks alot for this CH. Very informational, I've been wanting to see something like this for a long time.

Where to buy micron filters.

I swear to god they for a completely legal regiment!=D

I have searched high and low, could someone please tell me where the hell to uy mircon filters.

I have to crush up my grandmothers OxyContins for her, and she shoves them in her bum, she says she doesn't like them unfiltered........:\

Thats my story and Im sticking to it.

PS: Just to be safe, incase she ever tries to do it, what particular ones would one buy to filter an Oxy or Dilaudid talets for injection? Currently just use cotton Q-tips.....

Thanks

Sorry about the pre-fix, didn't know which one to use....

The link to the site is dead.......

EDIT: I can't PM you. Thankfully the CS number is there. Could you help me further and tell me what exact filter I am looking for? Im an idiot when it comes to micron filters so if you could please be as specific as possible, I would greatly appreciate it, and so would that old lady's veins.:D

Last edited:
The link to the site is dead.......

EDIT: I can't PM you. Thankfully the CS number is there. Could you help me further and tell me what exact filter I am looking for? Im an idiot when it comes to micron filters so if you could please be as specific as possible, I would greatly appreciate it, and so would that old lady's veins.:D

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=481622

You can discuss where to buy them in the following thread.

Merged.

Last edited:
http://www.harmreductionjournal.com/content/6/1/37 this is a helpful doc i found for those who want to inject ms contin. They say that for a hot soln you get more morphine so i would rather go with the cold method. I know i am only repeating what has been said here but for best results use a coarse filter eg cotton balls then use your micron/syringe filter. The .22um are a bitch to find so .45um are not so bad only thing is they dont get as much bacteria and some minute particles but we dont want to make a habit of shooting pills so no problemo. BTW this applies to mst contin pills found mostly uk and africa which is where i am from.

To mrjackjones bacteriostatic water is not mandatory you can use boiled water which is much cheaper. There is a thread about this somewhere just dont recall where.

Last edited by a moderator:
To mrjackjones bacteriostatic water is not mandatory you can use boiled water which is much cheaper. There is a thread about this somewhere just dont recall where.

Bacteriostatic water IS mandatory if you are preparing a bulk solution that you will be storing. If you are just micron filtering one dose that you will use soon after filtering, then yes, you can use boiled water. But as I said, if you will be storing the solution, you need bacteriostatic water to prevent bacterial growth-DG

when you prep something for IV and you don't get all the initial units back, aren't you losing product?

Does anyone know a site that sells Bacteriostatic Water?

Yeah, but they're all overpriced unless you buy a 25 count tray.

It is linked in the beginning of this thread, but I'll link you, here you go.

If you don't care about bacteria growing in your solution, consequentially getting cotton fever/nasty chills/vomiting/etc, I guess not...

but most of us are human, so we need to not shoot bacteria cultures into our veins.

So, we use this nifty thing called bacteriostatic water which contains 0.9% benzyl alcohol (9mg/ml), so that we can use a solution for 3 to 4 weeks (ideally, it might last longer than that under ideal conditions) instead of having to use it up within a matter of hours or days at best.

Micron filters will remove bacteria from the source, so that bacteria cultures won't grow in that time.

This is why, if you want to create a solution that lasts a long time (weeks instead of hours/days), you need to use a micron filter with bacteriostatic water.

I hope that ties it up for you, unless you're not human and somehow IVing bacteria cultures is good and somehow delivering of nutrients for you. :\

http://www.harmreductionjournal.com/content/6/1/37 this is a helpful doc i found for those who want to inject ms contin. They say that for a hot soln you get more morphine so i would rather go with the cold method. I know i am only repeating what has been said here but for best results use a coarse filter eg cotton balls then use your micron/syringe filter. The .22um are a bitch to find so .45um are not so bad only thing is they dont get as much bacteria and some minute particles but we dont want to make a habit of shooting pills so no problemo. BTW this applies to mst contin pills found mostly uk and africa which is where i am from.

0.45um won't filter out talc AFAIK; 0.22um are the only ones you really want to be using, unless you know that no particles in the specific pills you are using are smaller than 0.45um.

Last edited:
Yeah i was referring to single shots and not solutions meant for storage. Is this also dangerous coz bacteriostatic water is exp and plus this has worked for me the few times i have done it. No fever or sickness to speak of.

Just a quick question about micron filters.

I have a bunch of filters and am having trouble figuring out what size the filters are due to the confusing description on the box.

The box states that they are "Acrosdisc PF Syringe Filter 0.8/0.2 um Supor Membrane".

So what the hell does 0.8/0.2 um mean? Are they 0.8 microns or 0.2 microns....or neither? Anyone know? Thanks-DG

^ That means that they have 2 membranes. The first one being 0.8um to filter the larger particles to prevent clogging the final 0.2um membrane.

You should still prefilter with cotton first to prevent clogging the 0.8um membrane with the large shit.

why would anyone question this for street

I wish this was around when i used to shoot coke. I did get a hold of a stopper bottle i used once but 5 bucks? big deal! To be abel to tale all your dpe and put it in water filter it into a sterille bottle THEN only having to put your syring in the bottle for a shot instead of cotton, worring about cotton fever, shaking and bending the needle in the spoon, etc. how cou one even question? I always wanted one of those setup at the hospital where the iv is in your arm and then alluyou have to do is inject the solution into the works allreadyin your arm instaed of poking,repokingbecuse your not in. Ehh im just getting shaky thinking about the horrors i went through just to get a rush.:!