• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Methylone (200mg) - New Experience - I don't understand...

MikeHawk

Bluelighter
I've used Mephedrone before and was hoping this would be similar but longer lasting and with less stimulation.

It's pretty fair to say I was wrong on most points listed above.

I ingested 200mg and was slightly apprehensive but confident about it. I felt a little something at T+15 and by T+30 my heart was beating FURIOUSLY. This didn't really make me feel uneasy as my heart rate was probably something like 120BPM, it just felt very fast, I believe this is called heart palpitations.

Anyway, I was hoping for the great euphoria everyone had discussed and was expecting a lot as my experiences with Mephedrone have been nothing but blissful, however I decided to quit that drug completely based on health risks. I got almost no euphoria whatsoever. I did feel compelled to talk but didn't get the same lightheaded bliss that Mephedrone has given me, which I've learnt to love.

At T+1-3 I was at a plateau, probably a + on the Shulgin scale. It was not really what I expected from what I've read on Erowid (and I have done a fair amount of reading).

There did not appear to be a definite point at which I felt the plateau ended, the stimulation was relentless and at T+6 I finally felt like I could probably go to sleep with the aid of a Xanax (1mg). This helped a fair amount although 115bpm sleep is not easy, at all.

What I'm really intrigued to know is why the Seroternergic aspects of this drug did not seem to hit me. It could be because I've done a fair amount of Mephedrone the last few weeks (never again) and tried some DXM (which I also noted had almost zero effect on me even with 350mg first time). What do you think of this theory? Shall I wait 2 weeks and not touch any serotongergic drugs and see if it makes a difference? I'm keen to try again as I still have 2.5grams of this stuff and I don't give up easily.

Also, even at T+12 which is about now, my heart is still beating too fast, I hope I wasn't given the wrong stuff. MDPV or something.

I say wait a month.

IMO anything that releases serotonin should be spread out to about a month....or more really.

For instance if you take one drug that floods out your serotonin today and some other drug that does the same the next day....do you think that you will have serotonin to release the 2nd day??

Especially since you have done it several times in the past couple of weeks.

Take a break

try it at a lower dose. It's more MDMA like that way to me, i haven't tried mephedrone so i can't speak to that. I've done just over 100 mg's of methylone and it's not overwhelmingly euphoric but it's very sensual and subtle, and I feel completely content with whatever i'm doing. . Maybe try it at 125-150 mgs with someone(s) close.

At that level:

2 glasses of good wine is to good liquor
Methylone is to MDMA

I have done it at 200 mgs once as well. I had a similar experience to you , although I had a bit of euphoria, certainly not on par with MDMA. I recommend to have a booster at this dose because for me the booster didn't bring me back up to complete stimulation but added like waves of euphoria.

Last edited:
Pretty much the exact same thing happened to me last weekend and I couldn't sleep properly for 3 nights and had a tingling feeling that didn't subside throughout that time. Is there any simple way to tell if it's methylone or mdpv?

I had a similiar experience two weeks ago. I took approx. 250 mg M1 in 50 mg doses over 2 hours. absolutely no euphoria - only strong stimulation. the peak lastet 2-3 hours with a jittery 2 hour comedown. 25 mg Valium put me to sleep at t+6h.

As stated by others, you can't dose this one more than once a month to get its full benefit. This includes a cross tolerance with Mephedrone, MDMA and MDAI in my experience. Unfortunately I've found that if you underdose and get a poor response, you still have to wait a good few weeks before going again. Likewise, a redose is not much cop, unless taken within an hour or so of the first dose, otherwise you will only prolong the comedown experience. Having said all this, it has some very pleasant qualities of emotional warmth and insight, along with pleasant and erotic body feelings, and is kind of nearly a substitute for good old MDMA, which I no longer have access to. I find that a big hit of DMT during the comeup of M1 is truly a splendid thing. I am usually a little edgy when I approach DMT lift off, and M1 dispels my anxiety while boosting my confidence.
To the original poster, don't write off M1 just yet. But don't make a 'lifestyle' out of it either, or you'll soon be chasing the elusive magic.
Your mileage may vary - Peace - Pipp
PS you can bet your fortune that it wasn't MDPV that you swallowed, since 250mgs would probably have done fore you. Take care, watch dem suppliers.

Last edited:
first off all: sorry for my bad english - i'm still learing :)

i just wanted to add something, because it turned out that i dosed to low at my first tiral. i tried it again today with 120mg initially and added ~50mg every 45 min. (~300 mg overall at t+3h) the last time i only felt an annoying stimulation with unpleasant periphal side-effects.
today the come-up started the same way but, after one hour (~170 mg) i suddenly realized that i'm a lot less anxious and tense than usual (i have an anxiety disorder). it didn't felt bliss-like - i just felt confident, calm und relaxed. i reflected about some problems i had in the past weeks/months and realized that my usual pessimism never helped me in any way...for example: i realized that true friendship is much more important than most things the arguments i had with a few friends in past were about. i decided to grab the phone to do a few calls. i basically told them that i made mistakes, as they did, and i'm regretting some things i said...i also tried to describe why i was so upset. and it turned out that most of them felt the same way and were glad that i called them.
to me it didn't felt like a "high" it was more like a very powerful antidepressent...but without any doubt: it was extremly pleasant <3

Last edited: