• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Methoxetamine Subthread] Addiction

I've been pushing it pretty hard lately... half a gram some days... usually about 300mg... but I simply didn't order any more ... and my initial 20 grams is nearly gone... started out just doing a little... maybe 40-50mg and just kept going up up up to where I'm at now... I will get more and try to be more sparing but I'm going to take at least a month or two off and level out... things have been going great so no need to push things and overdo it...

What is your daily/weekly/monthy consumption?
ive been taking it for about 4 months at least. daily. use is up to about a gram a day with tolerance. takes at least 200mg line to make me wobbly.
- What is your usual ROA?
Insuffulated/Plugged

mostly insufated. sublingual has never really worked. and ive plugged a couple of times but its messy...probably out cold everytime
- Do you feel you are addicted? If yes, do you think you can stop?
very. but i like it. with tolerance. it doesnt make me "hole" or anything...its like weed to me (which i dont smoke because its illegal...
- Have you tried to quit? or do you want to stop using it?
yes. i said to a friend "i dont know what it doest to me...but i dont know what it does if i stop taking it....

even though i have daily use. i dont use before i have done my daily chores... i dont work and play. which when i was addicted to coke. i would.
- Do you have any withdrawal symptoms?
i havent stopped so i dont know. but a few days away and i dont feel anything.
- How does MXE addiction compares to other drugs addiction? E.g. Tobacco, Cannabis, Heroin, Cocaine.

i was addicted to coke for years and years. it stole everything from my life and luckily i got through it. i want to know how this will pan out for me and a lot of other people. its like drink.... yes i do it everyday...but im not going to work on it or pimping myself. i can afford it.. i enjoy it...but yes. im doing it all the time. im not in a "hole" every night....but i do have a massive tolerance. a gram a day. i love unwinding...getting into bed after a line and floating away to music

i have noticed a massive difference to batches and different vendors... for a while it wasnt doing anything to me then i would black out and not remember things. wake up with bruises from the night before.....but it seems it was a bad batch for ages. now i hole and trip again. and stop before i get that wasted.

it does make me very retarded. its like wobbly> retarded > unconscious

it is a big curisosity to me...its like yes. i drink a glass or two of wine everynight...but im not an alcoholic.....so if i do MXE everynight...am i addict? or just enjoying something nice....and has no comedown and isnt interfering with my day to day life. ... if i cant afford it...i dont do it... im not staying at home and not seeing people to do it... if i need a night out with friends...im not on it... just at home. .....im not selling myself for it.

is it fun or addiction? if you smoke weed everyday.... are you an addict or just someone that likes weed?? as long as you are not waking up in a&e...driving on it... or turning up at work on it (non of which i am doing)..

discuss.

(am also curious about my massive doseing...am i the only one?

Ok update...

I used up the last of what I had...

I had been using it daily since the first part of june... for the last month or two I had been doing about 200-500mg a day, everyday

I used the last of it Monday and its now Saturday afternoon... other than just being a little bored the first day or two because I wasn't high... I haven't noticed any withdrawal symptoms or sick feelings... my head seems as clear as ever and I haven't felt depressed or anything of that nature either...

And for the record... I get withdrawal symptoms from using cocaine or opiates or benzos after less than a week of continuous use... so its not like I don't get withdrawals... I do and they're pretty bad... but from mxe... nada

Thank God This Is Being Addressed.

This is gonna be heavy.
This expression has been a long time coming.
<3
In the first MXE thread, "Methoxetamine - Tell Us More," and in a blog entry of mine that I deleted for some unknown reason (while on MXE... the irony) I had posited that Methoxetamine was the "Bermuda Triangle" of addiction - and now, we finally have a thread that supports that notion. I managed to dig up this old post of mine from March 30th, 2011 where I fondly recall first becoming aware of the fact that I was addicted, from a clinical standpoint, to this chemical. I'm torn - dismayed, on the one hand, that what happened to me has happened to many others; excited, on the other hand, that we (as a stable, informed and cohesive community) may now openly address it with the burden of proof resting on our shoulders.

Before I go ahead and contribute to the discussion, I've had a lot of people ask me about the "Bermuda Triangle" of addiction moniker I've given for MXE. Evidence for this line of thinking stems from the article, "Interview with a Ketamine Chemist: Or to be More Precise, An Arylcyclohexylamine Chemist". In short, the creator of Methoxetamine purports that MXE agonizes both mu-opioid and NMDA receptors, as well as inhibits the neuronal reuptake of dopamine. By ingesting MXE, we agonize NMDA, slightly agonize µ-opioid receptors and promote the presence of dopamine in the synapses of our pre-frontal cortex (PFC). It's a disaster in the making - combining the effects of opiates, amphetamines and dissociatives as presented in one single compound!

The article infers that MXE's affinity for the µ-opioid receptor is negligible, but I contest this assertion. On a hefty dose of Methoxetamine (~125mg plugged) I was orbiting the rings of Neptune to such an extent that I yearned for sleep and peace. I had an 8mg Buprenorphine / 2 mg Nalaxone sublingual strip, and cut it into eight pieces. The moment I let 1 mg of the Suboxone dissolve, I went into immediate, intense opiate withdrawal. Despite what the following excerpt from the article says,it is my experience that MXE exerts a clinically significant effect on the µ-opioid receptors.

the aforementioned article said:
The µ-opioid receptor is generally thought to initiate the euphoric, reinforcing effects of heroin and co. Recent work by J. V. Wallach on the pharmacology of 3-MeO-PCP has shown that it actually has insignificant affinity for the µ-opioid receptor, which suggests that methoxetamine is quite possibly an insignificant opioid as well. This is not to say methoxetamine is not addictive or pleasurable, simply that it probably produces said effects through a different pharmacological mechanism.

I often wonder what that different pharmacological mechanism is, because, based on my own experience, the author of said quote is correct in my mind.

Therefore, the "triangle" presents itself:
1.) NMDA affinity
2.) µ-opioid receptor affinity
3.) DA re-uptake inhibitor

1 + 2 + 3 = Delicious. That is why I find myself clinically addicted to 2-(3-methoxyphenyl)-2-(ethylamino)cyclohexanone. :|

With that laid out (and I've meant to type it out for months now), I shall proceed onward. I want to engage these thoughtful questions that Rorthron had the wisdom and foresight to list for us.

500-1,000mg/day
For how long have you been doing it? And how, if at all, your pattern of use has changed?
I have been using Methoxetamine since February 1st, 2010. It began with a 5mg allergy test, performed sublingually, and escalated rather rapidly to a month daily dosing of 2x 150mg insufflated. I progressed, and insodoing discovered that sublingual/buccal administration was superior to insufflation by two-fold. Recognizing the fact that MXE diffused through my mucous membranes with ease led me to my preferred ROA, administering the MXE solution rectally. Later I discovered the whimseys of intra-muscular injection :)
What is your usual ROA?
Plugging/Sublingual/IM (on occasion)
Do you feel you are addicted? If yes, do you think you can stop?
Absolutely, I do feel I am addicted. Methoxetamine, with its wild and varied properties, has become my sojourn from the "rat race" of working at a psychiatric facility. I have a long history of opiate/opioid, benzodiazepine and barbiturate addiction. MXE fits nicely with the rest of the crew - it is no wonder to me that I find myself addicted to it.
Have you tried to quit? or do you want to stop using it?
I lost the love of my life, a three year relationship, over Methoxetamine addiction. It sounds too awful to be true, yet it happened. There was one point where I was sitting home, alone, after she had moved out, after I had returned my engagement ring. There was no furniture - a single light bulb provided vision. I had emptied three 35 lb tanks of nitrous oxide, had done over 12 grams of MXE in 7 days, and I looked at my stash. Nine grams left. I have never, ever, EVER, done this before; but I stood up, and dumped the remainder of my methoxetamine into the toilet. I raised my arms in triumph! It was too thrilling to dictate by word. Truly. That was in early June, 2011. Guess what? It's now September 27th (the 2-year anniversary of my friend's death-by-speadball) and I've written this whole post through squinted eyes and behind 575mg MXE plugged. THAT is addiction. THIS is addiction. I want to dissociate; I want to crumble, and I say this: Methoxethamine has raped from me my vitality. I have been left wilted. Heroin could never have devastated me so thoroughly.

I am fearful of being too expansive here. Yet, I have been lost in the "triangle" for a long while now. Methoxethamine is akin to diamorphine; it is at once beautiful and devastating. Responsible use yields promise, but I have demonstrated my incapacity for responsibility over the years.

An excerpt from something I wrote to myself as I was about to lose my significant other due to MXE abuse: "I must realize that when I ingest this compound I am liable to display psychotic features such as:
1. Panic/Anxiety
2. Suicidal Ideation
3. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
4. Fearfulness
5. Visual, Auditory, Tactile & Olfactory hallucinations
6. Mania
7. Depression/Derealization
8. Euphoria
Do you have any withdrawal symptoms? - Yes!
Lethargy
Dysphoria
Anhedonia
RLS
Insomnia
Cold sweats
Spastic muscle movements
How does MXE addiction compares to other drugs addiction? E.g. Tobacco, Cannabis, Heroin, Cocaine
I've been able to consume heroic doses of cannabis, tobacco, opiates, cocaine, meth/amphetamines, psychedelics, barbiturates and benzodiazepines, and remained functional. I was even a functional Ketamine addict. The difference?

>I cannot conceive a scenario where one is addicted to Methoxetamine and yet remains, in the barest sense of the word, functional.

________________________Not Worth It._________________________

~ vaya

I've taken it on two occasions, the first time I only had a very small supply but I did want more once i tried it.
I then purchased a gram, i think 5 or 6 weeks ago. It lasted 6 days. Seeing as it was the summer holidays, I wanted to a have a fun and fucked up last few weeks before i went back to college, so i did methoxetamine all day for 6 until it was all gone. I noticed tolerance built fast, one day 30mg would knock me on my arse, a couple of days later i would need 70 mg+ to feel something strong. I craved for it when i wasnt on it, and once it had run out i just wanted more and was going to order a few grams atleast, but i forced myself not to.

I never thought it would be that psychologically addictive tbh, just be careful with it if you use it heavily

the first day i received MXE in the mail, i had to try some. i had to work an hour after so i had to keep my usage minimal. my first dose was 10mgs , didn't really feel much, maybe because i couldn't differentiate between all the drugs i had taken ( i took vyvanse, klonopin, and oxycodone a couple hours earlier.) i tried to get off of work by faking sick but they made me come in for only 2 hours. the instant i got home i weighed out .1grams on my scale. split the pile into 10 lines so that each line was roughly 10mgs each. blew down 3 right away. after about 30-45 mins i decided i wanted more. i blew down 3 more lines. M-holed hard. i had to wake up early the next day for work so i couldn't do anymore.

the next day, i sort of gave into my addictive nature and blew down another 10mg before work. during lunch break, i had another 10mgs MXE and smoked a couple bowls.

i still have some left for the weekend, but once i deplete my stash (probably this weekend), i'm ordering more :]

Fantastic post. Thanks, this helped me a lot and the triangle explains many of the things I've been pondering about.

Hey, thank you. I still believe MXE to be a beautiful and useful compound, and I was not sure if my post was too much of an execution of its integrity - but I absolutely needed to be honest. I appreciate your feedback, Flourish; thanks for taking the time to read it.

~ vaya

the first day i received MXE in the mail, i had to try some. i had to work an hour after so i had to keep my usage minimal. my first dose was 10mgs , didn't really feel much, maybe because i couldn't differentiate between all the drugs i had taken ( i took vyvanse, klonopin, and oxycodone a couple hours earlier.) i tried to get off of work by faking sick but they made me come in for only 2 hours. the instant i got home i weighed out .1grams on my scale. split the pile into 10 lines so that each line was roughly 10mgs each. blew down 3 right away. after about 30-45 mins i decided i wanted more. i blew down 3 more lines. M-holed hard. i had to wake up early the next day for work so i couldn't do anymore.

the next day, i sort of gave into my addictive nature and blew down another 10mg before work. during lunch break, i had another 10mgs MXE and smoked a couple bowls.

i still have some left for the weekend, but once i deplete my stash (probably this weekend), i'm ordering more :]

I always find it interesting to read something somebody else wrote that sounds as though I myself might have written it. Be careful, my friend, because that is precisely(!!) how I began, and to look at what I wrote about the material above may provide you with something to think about before you order more. At the very least, it may help you to make the right decision and order 1g instead of 10. For example. I just shiver, shake and well up when I catch wind that someone might be on the verge of landing themselves in my position.

And, trust you me, I only yearn to help anybody. That's what this whole digital community is founded upon; reducing the harm that can accompany the use of any drug.

~ vaya

I'll be as honest as I can although all of this information is purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only.

- What is your daily/weekly/monthy consumption?

I started out taking 20mg when I first got it. I gave a lot to my friends and went through 10g in somewhere around 3 months I most likely consumed more than half of it. During that three months I was using somewhere around 100mg a day on average. Sometimes I would just take 20-40mg and none for the rest of a day, sometimes I would do more doses sometimes I would take day breaks. But I was constantly doing it whether it was every day or every other day. Doses got up to around 60/80mg plugged. This was with the original white powder UK batch. Very potent. I did stop for a month or so when I ran out and after going through a break up with a girl/best friend I started using it again, went through about a gram in a few weeks. It kept me optimistic and helped me deal with depression, and we actually ended up getting back together because I was able to forgive her for cheating on me, I do attribute this to using methoxetamine...

- For how long have you been doing it? And how, if at all, your pattern of use has changed? (increase dosages, changed ROA, etc.

It's been around 7 months.

Started sublingually, then snorted, then started plugging it which is still my usual ROA.

Just answered this; plugged. Sometimes nasally if plugging is not an option but it has very little effect snored vs plugged to me now.'

I am very addicted. All of my friends know it and they all tell me I should stop or not do as much. My girlfriend and I fight about it all the time and sometimes it only just causes me to want to do more to negate the negative feelings. Sometimes it will just amplify the crying and sometimes it will completely reverse it. Sometimes I think I'm dead and run around telling everyone I'm dead, sometimes I feel like I'm completely alive and normal and tell everyone that. Sometimes I feel so happy that I can['t help but go and tell everyone I'm with how happy I am and how much I love them. This is my usual reaction.

I have tried to quit and sometimes its successful just until I say fuck it and do it again. I don't really want to stop using it because I think it makes me happier but now knowing that it's starting to make the people around me less happy, I think I want to stop.

Yes, these include

soberness
boredom
wanting to do methoxetamine
sleepiness
weighing it out and looking at it and wondering if i want to take more
sometimes muscle twitches, but that happens on it as well
getting really, really high from weed
yawning

i do not have any painful symptoms at all, at least none that i can directly attribute to not using mxe.

- How does MXE addiction compares to other drugs addiction? E.g. Tobacco, Cannabis, Heroin, Cocaine..

Well sometimes being high on mxe makes me not want to consume anything else, even for days sometimes.
I barely ever want to smoke weed, unless I want to get super, super high, and floaty
And vs tobacco, it is purely psychological in my opinion as opposed to getting actual physical cravings.

I have never been addicted to anything else but weed, tobacco, and mxe.

I really need to stop with the MXE. I'll get a tight feeling in my kidney after using which lasts for about three days after, then it will just disappear and I'll start it all over again. On average I'll use it about 2-3 times a week. I keep making stupid excuses to do it again like, "But music sounds so good when on it". If I had weed I'd forget about taking but I haven't smoked any for ages, hopefully I'll be getting some late this week to take my mind off MXE.

I discovered MXE a year ago and have been taking it on and off. I haven't noticed any bladder problems just a pinching feeling in my left kidney. It's funny as well, like two years ago I used to enjoy stimulants, like amphetamine and meph. Now I hate any kind of uppers (with the exception of empathagens and hallucinogenics which I have always enjoyed) Maybe because I've become more lazy I just enjoy relaxing more. I've become slightly more fond of alcohol and benzos too. I also love weed when I can get it and synthetic cannabonoids. Does anyone else change their taste in drugs over the years? :)

I actually had to give my stack of MXE to a friend of mine so that I wouldn't have it all myself. I told him not to give anything of it to me more than maybe once or twice a month (and not a big amount). I started doing small lines (15-25 mg) almost every day after work. One thing that MXE also does for me is it reduces anxiety and removes social phobias, from which I normally suffer to a varying degree. So besides the nice effect, it almost became like a self-medication. Obviously I could just order more myself and start taking it daily again, but I have managed to refrain from that. But I still want it very often and when I get it, it's very hard to stop. Moderation seems very difficult with MXE for me, because it's so "moreish".

I wouldn't call myself addicted but I have cravings every now and then, which is a sign of at least some kind of mental addiction. Fortunately I have managed to fight these cravings and not ordered more.

Because I know the temporary ban is coming to the UK in the next month this is my big excuse to buy more MXE, because I know definitely that I'll never see it again after December. I want some so badly!! :(

I definitely have to post my story here as a warning to people..

It all began back in March of this year. I had always wanted to try ketamine but could never get my hands on it. My buddy told me he ordered this new ketamine analogue that he called mket. He explained that it was extremely potent compared to ketamine and that the duration was much longer. I was pretty excited even though I wasn't sure what to expect.

When the order came in he invited a couple buddies and me over to his place and he gave us all very small bumps to start off, approximately 3mg each. He told us it took about 30 minutes to start feeling effects so we waited. By the time the effects started we all got another bump about the same size. About an hour after that we all redosed the same sized dose yet again. It was the best feeling ever.. warmth, very nice head buzz, no sting, barely any drip, empathetic feelings, excellent conversations and the afterglow was absolutely amazing.

After my first encounter with methoxetamine I never really thought about doing it again since I didn't have my own and wasn't interested in ordering my own. About a week after the first time, my buddy offered to sell me some at what seemed like an excellent price and so I had my own little stash. Since I had my own, I tested its limits. By this time I had the house to myself for a week so I didn't have to worry about acting all messed up in front of my parents. First I was doing 10mg bumps and then smoking bud and found that to be the most amazing combination ever. I then started pushing the limits once I read about the mhole. I did about 50mg followed by 20mg and had one of the most profound experiences of my life. After that moment I always had the tendency to try to reach the hole before I would go to sleep at night.

After my little stash ran out, I ordered myself a 10g order when I found out the price of it online. With my first 10g baggy I was the happiest I had ever been. I wanted all my friends to try it because of how much I loved it and thought everybody should try it so I was offering it left and right. A lot of people even insisted on paying me, and the more they insisted the more I couldn't resist.

I started doing mket daily, multiple times a day. I never did during class because I never do drugs during class seeing as I can't learn while high on drugs, but after class I would be on mket for the rest of the afternoon and evening. I would do 10-15mg bumps every 2 or 3 hours or so, eventually mholing at the end of every other night. I found the drug to make me happy, intellectual and extremely social. Everything seemed to work perfectly during these times. There was absolutely nothing bad that I saw from the drug. I could be high as a kite and talk to my parents and they had absolutely no idea. It even helped me quit smoking, quit drinking (I would do mket instead of drink alcohol at parties since I liked how I could actually talk and enjoy myself without making a fool of myself), helped me start getting into shape and I felt like, overall, a much better person.

This kind of routine was going on for months. Every month I would order a new 10g baggy. I began doing it at work because it made me love being there. I eventually started to notice my tolerance slowly going up. By the time school had ended (late June) I was doing 50mg to get the effects that 20mg would do in the beginning. I was still mholing about 3 times a week (about 100mg to reach the hole).

By mid summer I started noticing that it was becoming a problem. During the day I would never do more than 25mg as a single dose so that I would make myself feel like I wasn't doing as much, but I would redose about every hour or less because I didn't notice the buzz anymore, but it wasn't that my tolerance was too high for 25mg, it was just that I would totally forget that I was even on the drug, or that I had dosed not too long ago. During this time I was starting to go into a delusional type of mind, thinking that the radio songs were all about what was going on in my life. I started to think that my best friend (a girl) was my other half and we were meant to be together, even though she didn't even like me in that kind of way which was a heart breaker and resulted in me doing the drug every moment I was awake. Any crazy idea I came up with made perfect sense, even though in reality it was complete nonsense. I was beginning to think I was going crazy. My parents were telling me I was having night terrors and talking in my sleep, I was forgetting whole conversations that I would have with people and I was starting to show signs of my delusions. By this time, the drug lost its euphoric properties and actually became rather dysphoric because of the delusional thinking. I started getting comfortable enough that I would drink while on it. This always ended up with me blacking out and doing retarded amounts of mket (100mg bumps because I didn't think about how much more it messes you up when you've been drinking, I just wanted to get fucked). At these times my friends would tell me I was basically like a kid with autism. I wouldn't be able to talk, and sometimes couldn't even walk. My friends would have to pick me up to go pee. They started to show their concern for me and so I stopped doing it during the day and just started doing it at night so that I could pretend to my friends that I have cut down and only do it once in a while. I started noticing that the mornings after I would mhole that I would wake up early with an afterglow from the mhole but then I would go to sleep and sleep all day until the evening when I would bump until I mholed again. My dad began to think I was getting ill because of how much I slept (about 15-18 hours a day). This went on for the whole month of August.

Eventually I went away to school and this is when things started getting really bad. Since I had no adults to limit when I could do it and how messed up I could get, I was beginning to do 50mg lines as a joke, followed by another 50mg line just to get a small buzz which quickly faded but the residual stimulation lasted for hours. By this time it wasn't even an enjoyable buzz. But it was the magic I felt when I was first introduced to it that I always looked for, although it never came. Even though I knew the magic wouldn't come, I still kept doing bumps hoping that it might come. I would attempt to mhole by doing 2x 150mg bumps at once just to find myself with a buzz lasting about 2 hours followed by insomnia for the rest of the night. If I did manage to get a couple hours of sleep, I would wake up for class the next morning and feel very worn out, mentally and physically. I was always very lethargic and I would sleep whenever I could. On my days off I would literally sleep all day and all night. When I was awake I would have intense anxiety, not to mention the added stress of midterms and homework that I was falling behind on.

I was starting to have suicidal thoughts. I was just about failing school (first year university), felt like I had no more close friends because my friends at home seemed to have forgotten me, I hadn't been in a relationship in years which made me think I was a complete loser, and the anxiety I was getting during the day just kept making me think "just end my life now. I just want to die. I want to die in my sleep or get into an accident. I have nothing to live for anymore." Since I found that when I first started to do mket, it would completely eliminate anxiety, I was now doing it in hopes to cure my anxiety.

Everything was going in a downward spiral and I was too embarassed to tell anybody about it. I knew I had a problem but convinced myself that I could stop using the mket without anyone knowing I had the problem. Even though all these negative things were happening, I STILL longed to get that magical feeling even though I knew it would never come. I was still using every night trying to mhole with no luck. I couldn't even believe myself. As I was putting out my bump I would tell myself "this isn't going to be worth it but I want it so bad. I know this isn't going to work but I want that buzz back" and then when I did the bump and was laying in bed hours later trying to get to sleep, the thought "just kill yourself now" would haunt my mind. This went on for the months of October and November.

Now it's nearing the end of November, and I have finally been off mket for 5 whole days (which is a LONG time for me considering I have been using almost everyday since mid-march). The only way I did it was because I had went back to my home for the weekend and decided to leave my baggy of mket behind in my room at school. This way it was impossible to do it. The whole weekend I was very lethargic and my mood was completely off. I was once a very happy person and always had something to talk about it but now I had no words to say and I felt that all I ever wanted to do was sleep and sleep and sleep. My friends even noticed a change in my mood but since I told them I hadn't been doing it for the past while, they didn't think of any connection to my mket usage. I was feeling physical effects as well like flashes of strange energy where I would feel very weak for a split second. I knew my body had taken a toll from all the methoxetamine that had gone through it. I bought at least 70g since March, and although I did share a lot of it, I definitely did over half of that to myself. Today is the first day that I feel physically well, although I don't think my mood is 100% yet. I'm not feeling suicidal anymore which is a much better sign.

Even though I'm not completely in the clear, considering it's only been 5 days, I feel like I'm doing a very good thing for myself. I contemplated throwing my baggy out numerous times over the binge but because of the money I had spent I could never actually pull up the courage to do it. Since I've been sober I've also thought about throwing out the rest of what I have (approximately 3g) but I STILL long for that magical feeling I once got, so as an incentive to stay clean from the methoxetamine, I'm keeping it and plan to clear my tolerance and hopefully get that magic back after a few months. I have already decided that this was my last baggy that I'm buying since I was starting to get the anxiety and insomnia and I will always stick to that decision, especially because I can't afford it anymore since I am paying for my own schooling and am now short on cash for just food.

I hope everybody who is new to the drug and thinks its the best possible drug in the world takes the time to read my post here, and will at least take my advice and KEEP THE USE IN MODERATION. The drug was honestly the most beautiful thing I could have experienced when I first began doing it, so I'm not going to say it's a horrible drug. I am just the stupid person who let myself get out of control. It also didn't help that I kept buying such large amounts. Do not do what I did. Do not do it daily and do not redose. If you notice any type of tolerance building up, stop using for at least a month.

Thank you for whoever took the time to read this and I hope you learn from my mistakes. I was an unfortunate guinea pig and I don't want anybody else to go through the things that I did. There IS a dark side to methoxetamine, don't be deceived.

^^^ I enjoyed reading that. For me it is the best possible thing for depression, you'll take it then three days later you feel very cheerful. Then on day four I'll start to feel miserable again. I've been taking it on and off for nearly a year. I used to take it every other day but I've now reduced it to twice a week. I haven't taken any since Saturday and it feels like months.

I had a very mild addiction for a while, it was a classic psychological dependence were i got used to doing mxe pretty much every night because i didnt have anything better to do. I quit and didnt get any withdrawal symptoms, only negative thing was cev's. so basically i had gotten hppd. At first i thought the cev's was because there was still mxe in my system (because i was usually sober for max 2 days, i thought the mild cev's was the result of some mxe still left in my system), but after being completely clean for several weeks i realized it was something else. the cev's made it really difficult to sleep but with time they got weaker and weaker and i learned to ignore them better when trying to sleep.

The only problem I have with mxe is not doing it all the time when I have it laying around...

For me it seemed like there was virtually no adverse consequences resulting from using it all the time... the only real adverse effect seemed to be that tolerance built fairly quickly... especially when experimenting with higher doses...

After a while the euphoria and psychedelia faded and left me only getting a weird body buzz and lingering stimulation... this led me to take a day or two off here and there then take some more... this didn't work very well and I ended up acquiring sleep problems and decided I needed to take a real break... so essentially after about 4 months of daily use in the half gram to gram range I just didn't order any more... the first couple days I would sorta think hey I should be taking some mxe right about now... but the thought passed quickly... I had no physical withdrawal symptoms... cravings were mild at worst... I didn't suffer any depression or anything like that... if anything I felt a tad tired and slept a lot more than normal for a few nights but overall I felt clear headed and pleasant...

Its been about a month clean from mxe, ket, mdma and nitrous... everything cept weed... I'm probably goingto order some more next month... only I think this time I'm going to just get a few grams... instead of 2 ounces...

I subscribed to Methoxetamine from the day it hit the mass market. I struggled to keep my usage in moderation, and fell into quite a helpless period of using even when I didn't want to. Toward the end I even cried as I administered, such was my helplessness to resist...

It caused a great deal of harm to the relationship with my parents, as well as to my friends. It essentially caused all the misery of your typical spiralling addiction. I haven't touched it for over a month now though, and never really want to again.

It's also worth mentioning it caused terrifying adverse pharmacological reactions when mixed with 5-APB and MPA. This was probably exasperated by the size of my doses, and the fact I was plugging them. All in all I feel somewhat grateful to still be alive, but not particularly grateful for the memories I have been left with.

Methoxetamine is a wonderful drug, but it very consuming of one's state of well-being. Those who take higher doses can relate to the fear of thinking you've become vegetative when in the peak of the experience. The effects can last well over 12 hours, and for all of that time you'll find yourself unable to think straight, walk straight, talk straight or see straight. To think that I spent most of my days seeing double because I was constantly feeling the after-effects of a previous dose is scary.

As for answers to your questions....

I started in November, first insufflation and then plugging. Started off just doing little bumps, but since discovering the M-Hole, that became all I used MXE for. Became daily use.
Insuffulated/Plugged
I felt very addicted but never wanted to stop. Once my parents and friends got involved I was forced to stop, and one month on I realise that I managed to stop something potentially life-ruining.
Didn't want to quit, but did, and am grateful for it.
Just cravings.
- How does MXE addiction compares to other drugs addiction? E.g. Tobacco, Cannabis, Heroin, Cocaine..
MXE addiction is different because unlike those other drugs, there are no confirmed adverse effects from chronic use. MXE probably doesn't cause cancer, no one knows if it causes psychosis, etc. If the long term effects of methoxetamine use were known, there would be an incentive for users to quit. Right now there's no incentive to quit other than the nagging feeling at the back of the mind saying 'This probably isn't healthy at all'
From what I have observed however, methoxetamine is sure to cause megalomania. It can make a person selfish and arrogant, probably due to the reinforcing self-important euphoria it can release. It causes the mind to mimic schizophrenia, and it follows that if the mind is constantly behaving schizophrenically, this behavioural pattern will be reinforced.

I've also become hella twitchy since using methoxetamine. Even now I'm pretty much borderline tourettes.

So that's my analysis of methoxetamine addiction. I believe that it is real and it is nasty.

I just started using MXE about a month or so ago. I have recently battled with a ketamine addiction that lasted from the start of summer 2010 till september 2011..
I have heard about MXE, but didn't want to try it as my friend's friend died from overdosing on the drug.
But recently, where I live, word went about that someone was selling ketamine again and I thought I would give it ago.
Turns out it wasn't ketamine and it was actually MXE.
I have recently ended up in hospital collapsing because of this drug and I now think I have developed a habit.
All because of a stupid person claiming he was selling ketamine, when really it was actually MXE.
I just want all to warn people, I know I have been extremely stupid in not knowing what I have taken, but I want to warn others to be careful.
I am also asking for advice as I do not know what to do.

I'll get a tight feeling in my kidney after using which lasts for about three days after, then it will just disappear and I'll start it all over again.

I went thru a 6-7 wk period of doing 1g a week and ended up in hospital with kidney stones and renal colic (the single most painful thing I've ever known). Now, I'm inclined to put this down to MXE due to the known issues with Ket of a similar nature. However, I should point out I was doing 6-apb prob weekly thru this time with occasional bouts of heavy drinking. The day it all 'blew up' I'd not taken MXE (but had done every day previously for weeks) but did do 100mg 6-apb. Don't know, this might just be case of too many drugs for kidneys to handle. Just my experience and just putting it out there

so essentially after about 4 months of daily use in the half gram to gram range
sweet mother of mercy dude, WHAT? how... I mean... what the fuck. You're saying you was doing a gram A DAY? I seriously don't compute that. And there I was worrying about my tolerance build up, doing 30-40 mg couple times a week.

I'm really curious if taking a break after building up high tolerance can bring the original magic, euphoric buzz back.

Last edited: