• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methodone questions

Outcolder1998

Greenlighter
I have been on methodone for about 8 yrs now, no problems at all, I take 8-10 a day never any more I have horrid back pain and work full time on my feet 6days a week the methodone is great gives me energy and relaxes my back so i can move easy problem is I am going to be out a few days early... I have never had withdrawal from this cuz I don't abuse and I take how I'm suppose to I even skip a day with no problems but now that I'm scared about not having them I am having trouble sleeping and having any energy with dropping down to two a day so I can stretch them aches knees but I think it's all nerves but I am hearing about the antidiareal that's suppose to help so real question here is how much should I take? I don't want to over do it and I never run out so this is a now and than thing that could work to get till Friday for my script, any advice? This is my first time here or ever asking or saying anything on sites or even asking people I keep it very hush I don't want to be looked at as a drug abuser cuz I'm not I am addicted after this long but I don't abuse my meds!

Your post is a little confusing. If you don't abuse them then how is it you are having to stretch them out till your script? Not judging, just thinking if you have the ones you need then take the dose you used to. Yes, loperamide can stretch it but it's long acting also and from my experience is not an ideal addition except very short term because of the side effects and nasty wds and it throwing off my tolerance levels.

I will be out two days early, I am suppose to take 8 some days my back is worse than others so some days is 10 and the extra ones is why I'd be out early, I don't abuse them and take as directed as I said this is the first time in 8 years I am looking for something to help cuz I am out early and rather calling and asking to fill early id rather not and see if I can hold off but in case of withdrawal symptoms that I only hear are sooooooo bad is like to make easy as possible! Again my question is how much should I take so I don't over do it since I have not had to go to this extreme before.. I would only need them for 2 days. Thanks

I think your best bet is honestly to split the doses so you take fewer mgs but you take it as often as usual. It's better to be a little uncomfortable for 48 hours than throw more chemicals into the mix. If it was a week or more my opinion would be different. Methadone being long acting is in your favor here too especially since you said you can skip a day here and there and be ok. Generally about the 24 hour mark off it is when things get rough so calculate your remaining amount to cover yourself at least a little each day.

I agree instead of finishing off your last 8 and going then going two days take 4 and stretch them.

Anyone know if the clinic counts as a write off under medical expense? Probably a stretch right? Although, receipt just says medical center. Nothing about methadone. I don't have insurance and mmt is a big percentage of yearly salary! I do MA and surgical tech so don't make much! Sorry to hijack could not fing megathread while driving! Had to post quick!