• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Methocarbamol and Dissociatives: Potentially Adverse Drug Reaction?

Saucy

Bluelighter
I don't want to jump to any conclusions given that I can think of no pharmacological basis for this to be true, but I thought it would be prudent to report my findings over the past couple days to hopefully get some input.

Note: I have a high tolerance to NMDA antagonists. I have no prior experience combining Methocarbamol with dissociatives.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two days ago:

8mg 3-MeO-PCP administered bucally at 5pm
6mg 3-MeO-PCP administered intranasally at 8pm
Large (non-hole) dose of Ketamine administered intranasally at 12am
500mg Methocarbamol administered PO at 1am

As soon as the Methocarbamol kicked in the character of the experience changed significantly. I no longer felt drowsy or absorbed in what I was doing (movie), but rather intensely focused on all aspects of my environment simultaneously (not just the movie, but also the TV iteslf, the bed, the people I was around etc.). As soon as the primary dissociative effects of the Ketamine wore off, I measured my heartrate and found it to be an alarming 145bpm. 6mg (!) of Etizolam were required to get it down low enough for me to get to sleep by 4am.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently:

Moderate dosage of Ketamine administered intransally at 12:30pm
500mg Methocarbamol administered PO at 1:00pm

Once again, once the Methocarbamol kicked in, my heartrate went through the roof, and dissociation of the Ketamine changed into a weird poly-focused state.

What could possibly be the cause of this? As far as I know Methocarbamol is just a GABAa agonist the last thing it should do is cause a massive heartrate increase, right? I am very confused by this. I definitely will not be taking this combination again, but I would really appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this. Thanks in advance for the input.

I don't think anyone can tell you for sure what interaction Methocarbomal has with dissociative RCs bc they have underwent virtually no legitimate research. They are called research chemicals for a reason so keep in mind, you volunteered as guinea pig.